Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mark Brunell: Pride of a Jaguar (Video)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This video was sort of buried on NFL.com, but it is a neat little feature on Mark Brunell. Enjoy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-j...f-a-Jaguar

The volume control on my speakers does not work anymore so I can't hear what the guy is saying.  Wallbash

Was he talking about how we are moving to London?

In all seriousness, I dont think he deserves the Ring of Honor. Wasnt an elite QB, and sold out Jacksonville fans literally the first second he stepped onto an ESPN stage.

Way to stick up for the fans that are about to retire your number.
Quote:Was he talking about how we are moving to London?

In all seriousness, I dont think he deserves the Ring of Honor. Wasnt an elite QB, and sold out Jacksonville fans literally the first second he stepped onto an ESPN stage.

Way to stick up for the fans that are about to retire your number.

Number 8 was removed from circulation, but the team is not officially retiring it. There is a difference. See the Bengals and #14.

If we had played in (and won) Super Bowls 31 and 34, I think a lot more Jaguars fans would support the decision.
Yeah I lost all respect for Brunell after the whole London thing. He ridiculed his own team just for some spotlight. he has never been more than a slightly above average QB with magical team around him. Doesn't deserve it.

Quote:Yeah I lost all respect for Brunell after the whole London thing. He ridiculed his own team just for some spotlight. he has never been more than a slightly above average QB with magical team around him. Doesn't deserve it.

Nobody had any business even asking him about that. Shad Khan bought the team because he agreed to keep the team in Jacksonville. The media just wants us to look bad.

I think Mark Brunell is one of those guys who lacks media skills because he was much better as a player than he is on ESPN.
I've never thought he was worthy of the Pride even before his stupid comments on ESPN.
I hope he is booed loudly.

Man you guys get your panties in bunch over some dumb things. So the guy mentioned the team may move. Him and 1,000 other people including some fans that live in Jacksonville. Get over it.
Quote:Nobody had any business even asking him about that. Shad Khan bought the team because he agreed to keep the team in Jacksonville. The media just wants us to look bad.

I think Mark Brunell is one of those guys who lacks media skills because he was much better as a player than he is on ESPN.
Right. The media wants us to look bad, and Mark Brunell wants to be in the media.

What better way to do that then say you have 0 faith in your fans?
Quote:Man you guys get your panties in bunch over some dumb things. So the guy mentioned the team may move. Him and 1,000 other people including some fans that live in Jacksonville. Get over it.

He never said he thinks the team will move. He said, "It would not surprise me." Big difference. People on this board are twisting that comment to mean something else.

Quote:Right. The media wants us to look bad, and Mark Brunell wants to be in the media.

What better way to do that then say you have 0 faith in your fans?

You obviously did not hear the whole interview. Mark Brunell made it very clear he would hate to see that happen and wants the team to stay in Jacksonville. So he is not  trying to make the Jaguars look bad at all. Show me how "I would hate for that to happen" or something like that is trying to make the Jaguars look bad.

Quote:He never said he thinks the team will move. He said, "It would not surprise me." Big difference. People on this board are twisting that comment to mean something else.

You obviously did not hear the whole interview. Mark Brunell made it very clear he would hate to see that happen and wants the team to stay in Jacksonville. So he is not  trying to make the Jaguars look bad at all. Show me how "I would hate for that to happen" or something like that is trying to make the Jaguars look bad.
Here's a better question, after the best QB in our franchise history says that we more than likely or moving to London....

How does it make us look good?
Quote: 

If we had played in (and won) Super Bowls 31 and 34, I think a lot more Jaguars fans would support the decision.

Well duh.  But we didn't.
Quote:Here's a better question, after the best QB in our franchise history says that we more than likely or moving to London....

How does it make us look good?

What he said has absolutely no effect on our chances of moving to London.
Quote:Man you guys get your panties in bunch over some dumb things. So the guy mentioned the team may move. Him and 1,000 other people including some fans that live in Jacksonville. Get over it.

This.
Quote:What he said has absolutely no effect on our chances of moving to London.

Thank God you cleared that up for me.
Always loved this about Brunell:

[Image: tempAP9912190833_14--nfl_mezz_1280_1024....height=720]

He started 117 of 120 games played, completing 2,184 of 3,616 passes for 25,698 yards with 144 touchdowns and 86 interceptions

He may not be "ring of honor" material - but he was pretty darn good and a lot of fun to watch.   Best we've had thus far. 

Are you guys seriously that upset about a bad choice of words? In that same interview, Brunell says how much he loves the franchise, loves the organization, and wants them to stay in Jacksonville.

The following day, he apologized for his poor choice of words and once again stated how much he loves the team, the franchise, the community, and the fan base.

Get over yourselves.

I wish this could have taken place at halftime during the Texans game last week instead of the BORING fireworks show they had.

For anybody that think Mark Brunell was an average QB, go to 10:15 of this video.

Who knows how he would have finished if he didn’t tear his knee up against NY in that 1997 preseason meaningless game. Or if Minnesota wouldn’t have let the draft clock run out, he could have spent 3 more seasons in Jacksonville. He went to Washington and threw a career high in TD passes. Everybody knows he led the league in passing in 1996, but people forget that he was sacked 50 times that season which was the most in the NFL. Only John Elway had more comeback wins than Brunell in 1996. Brunell passed for more 1st downs (204) than anybody in the NFL in 1996. He was the only QB to throw over 200 1st downs that season.

He missed 2 games in 1997 or he could have possibly led the league in passing yards for the 2nd straight season in a row, but he still finished 9th which was 2 yards behind Troy Aikman. He was 3rd in yards per attempt in ‘97.

1998 only 3 QBs had more game winning drives than Brunell.

1999 led the Jaguars to a team record 14 wins. Made 3 Pro Bowls but he missed 3 games of the 199& season and could have made 4 straight Pro Bowls. Should have been an All Pro in 1996. He made 4 straight playoff games and 2 AFC Championship games within a 4 year period. Never lost double digit games in a single season. If you take out the 2000 and 2001 he never lost more than 7 games in a season. He lost 9 games in 2000 and 2001. Won a Super Bowl as a place holder for the Saints.

Brunell won 63 games as a Jaguar.

At the age of 35, he led Washington to the playoffs and won a playoff game. Which means he led 2 different teams to the playoffs in his 2nd year on each team.

He also was voted Pro Bowl MVP in 1997. Brunell also set an NFL record in 2006 with 22 straight completions, a record that was 66 years old.

In 2017, Mark Brunell held 36 team records. He’s now in the pride of the Jaguars with over 32,000 yards passing, almost 2500 yards rushing along with 184 passing touchdowns and 15 rushing touchdowns, giving one of the all time great Jaguar 199 touchdowns.

Brunell won the National Championship in 1991 with the Washington Huskies as they beat the Michigan Wolverines in the Rose Bowl. As a Washington Husky, Brunell made 3 straight Rose Bowl appearances, 1990,1991,1992 and was voted MVP in 1990 with 2 passing touchdowns and 2 rushing touchdowns.

Brunell was ranked 28th all time in passing yards in 2009 and ranked 19th all time in passes completed at that time. He was also 15th all time in 4th quarter comeback wins as of 2009.

https://youtu.be/xTOGqMx-WgM?si=Op5V3n4m6X-O-DLr
Pages: 1 2