Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Obama family travel, vacations, cross $85 million mark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Living like a King on the taxpayers diime

Obama family travel, vacations, cross $85 million mark

The first family has spent over $10 million a year on travel and vacations, and the still growing bill has crossed over $85 million in eight years, according to a watchdog group.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-...le/2608882

Does the article break down vacation vs. official travel, and compare expenses as compared to previous presidents, adjusting for inflation?

Alright, and trump is already costing taxpayers millions of dollars for security and he has not even taken office yet.
How much did Trump's Thanksgiving vacation cost?

It costs a ton of money to move a President anywhere.  We should already know that.   Just throwing out a number "look how much money we're spending to protect Obama!" is pretty meaningless.  There's just tons of stuff that has to move with the President anytime he goes anywhere. 

I couldn't care less about what it costs for that stuff. It's all part and parcel of the whole Presidential gig.
Securing Trump Tower should hit about $35M before the inauguration.
..so people are paying taxes to protect a billionaire who doesn't pay his taxes.
Trump tower is having to be secured because of nutcases on the left.

The perpetual vacationing and toting granny around the world like the Clampetts or Griswolds has been nothing short of an embarrassment.

Quote:Does the article break down vacation vs. official travel, and compare expenses as compared to previous presidents, adjusting for inflation?

It's pretty clear they've abused the system.  One day or two in the city under the guise of "official business," then the remainder of the week spent on vacation.

You act as if you've never seen or heard of anyone abusing expense reports before on "business travel."

They don't even try to hide it.  They don't care.  It's someone else's money, and their indulgence.
[Image: This-Nation-Me.jpg]

Quote:It's pretty clear they've abused the system.  One day or two in the city under the guise of "official business," then the remainder of the week spent on vacation.

You act as if you've never seen or heard of anyone abusing expense reports before on "business travel."

They don't even try to hide it.  They don't care.  It's someone else's money, and their indulgence.

You answered none of my questions, nor does the article. How does it compare with past administrations, and how were the costs allocated pleasure versus business.

Of course I've heard of people abusing expense reports, we're talking about a POTUS. If it's so apparent, so egregious, so arrogantly obvious, the facts must be readily available.

Break it down for me.
Quote:You answered none of my questions, nor does the article. How does it compare with past administrations, and how were the costs allocated pleasure versus business.

Of course I've heard of people abusing expense reports, we're talking about a POTUS. If it's so apparent, so egregious, so arrogantly obvious, the facts must be readily available.

Break it down for me.

If you were truly concerned, you could look into it yourself.

Instead, you invoke the j-dub response.
The figure sounds shocking but with no comparison it is pointless.
Quote:Does the article break down vacation vs. official travel, and compare expenses as compared to previous presidents, adjusting for inflation?

Past Presidents overspent too

that doesn't mean I have to be on board with tax paid golf vaca every weekend.  these people act like royalty when they should actually be considered employees of the people.

this applies to Trump too... you know, before you excuse Obama's behaviour because "WULLL EVERYBODY IS DOING IT"

Quote:Securing Trump Tower should hit about $35M before the inauguration.
how is this relevant? 
Quote:..so people are paying taxes to protect a billionaire who doesn't pay his taxes.

LOL, still salty he beat your girl without showing tax returns? Don't worry, those 50,000 jobs he just created from the Japanese bank will more than make up for it.
any US President could walk 2 blocks and hit a McDonald's with his family and you could probably tally that lunch cost them $2,500 based on secret service, planning, etc.
Quote:any US President could walk 2 blocks and hit a McDonald's with his family and you could probably tally that lunch cost them $2,500 based on secret service, planning, etc.

they need to order take out
Pages: 1 2