Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Americans no longer want to drink these 9 beers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Americans no longer want to drink these 9 beers
While craft beer may seem to be all the rage these days, the number of people cracking open a cold one has actually been on the decline.  

According to Beer Marketer’s Insights, beer sales have slipped 2.3 percent between 2007 to 2012. 

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/12/1...p=features

I like Old Milwaukee. Guess I'm not American anymore..
Mich Lite was the main call for years ago. Thank God for craft brewers. When I get company from out of the country I actually hear that.." thats a nice beer", " great selection you have" compared to yesteryear when it was "where did you get the skunk to fill these bottles". " Is this marinade". 

Thanks to Sam Adams for the start

I like Old Milwaukee too.  Back when I was a young father and money was tight, Old Milwaukee sustained me many times.  It's a great fishing, or just all around being-outside-in-the-warm-weather beer.  Michelob Light is about the best tasting light beer out there, IMHO.  

I still like and drink Labatt's Blue. 

IMO, whats hurting them now is lack of advertising. I remember back in the late 80's. early 90's Labatt commercials were frequent, especially during sporting events. Thats obviously a good target audience. 

I can't remember the last time I saw a Labatt beer commercial. 

All of the beers on that list are swine water.

And nothing of value has been lost.

I like Michelob Light too but the others don't appeal to me. My beer drinking has dropped off considerably and I usually go with Coors Light when I'm out (lessen the DUI risk) and have a variety of local craft beers in the refrigerator which reflect the season (finishing up the amber ales and pumpkin beers now, will have a couple of (yuk) Christmas beers until January when the yummy high-powered Winter ales and porters take over).

Quote:I like Old Milwaukee too.  Back when I was a young father and money was tight, Old Milwaukee sustained me many times.  It's a great fishing, or just all around being-outside-in-the-warm-weather beer.  Michelob Light is about the best tasting light beer out there, IMHO.
When I was broke I drank natty light and or Busch. Now that I'm not, I really like them aluminum bottles bud lights got. I'm all for saving money though. Are you suggesting I can enjoy natty light again? Keep in mind I lived in Hilliard on 20 acres of my father in laws land when I drank natty light. Where we can shoot guns, light fires, kill whatever animal that move and cook it. So that could have explained why I enjoyed those time. But maybe it was that cheap beer. Maybe tomorrow I'll buy some more of the norm and a some of the natty light and try to figure this out.
Quote:I like Old Milwaukee. Guess I'm not American anymore..

Quote:I like Old Milwaukee too.  Back when I was a young father and money was tight, Old Milwaukee sustained me many times.  It's a great fishing, or just all around being-outside-in-the-warm-weather beer.  Michelob Light is about the best tasting light beer out there, IMHO.  
Interesting factoid: In most blind taste tests, Old Milwaukee wins a majority of the time. I don't remember ever trying it, but have thought about it a time or two.

When people are drinking beer out of plain cups and most say it's the best, can they all really be that wrong?
Quote:Interesting factoid: In most blind taste tests, Old Milwaukee wins a majority of the time. I don't remember ever trying it, but have thought about it a time or two.

When people are drinking beer out of plain cups and most say it's the best, can they all really be that wrong?
2.99 for a 4 pack of tall boys. Can't go wrong haha
Can't find my beer anymore anywhere, Carling Black Label

Quote:Remember this?  Sick

Yeah, $1.99 a six pack........ Was good in a pinch
I've drank a swimming pool of Schaefer and Red White & Blue beer.  Cheap and it all tastes the same after the third one. 

Worst beer I've ever had in my life was called El Presidente' beer..  Pure skunk..

[Image: 20gd4ox.jpg]

People don't want to drink the king anymore?  What?  That's nonsense.  I like most of those beers.  I was raised on the Beast.  I don't like aftertaste, therefore I like Bud Light as my go to.  Plus you can drink it forever and not get full, it rules. I rarely have a craft beer or import I enjoy, it's like one out of ten probably, it's not worth having to drink the other nine.  I'll drink a watery domestic anyday.

Pure skunk beer is this one

Tsingtao
Quote: 

Pure skunk beer is this one

Tsingtao

Ha! El Presidente scored lower haha

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/912/2910
I was sitting in a bar minding my own business at 7am this morning when this yuppie walks in and orders a Gumballhead Beer. People will drink anything at 7am these days. I don't think this kid is management material (if you know what I mean).

On a side note, I have tried and enjoyed Landshark thanks to this board. Smile

Gumballhead? :blink:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7