Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jags - Bills Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Jags ARE GOING TO DO IT AGAIN THIS WEEK, " WE ARE NOT GOING TO ALLOW THEM TO COME INTO OUR DOMAIN AND TAKE CONTROL, WE ARE ON THE PROWL OF THE bills!!!!! Wallbash  Wallbash  :verymad:  :verymad: "

Nor will I

Even during the 8-game losing streak, I always expected this one to be a win for the Jaguars. The Bills gave me some more confidence Sunday when they failed to get in the end zone at Tampa. That means our defense can stop their offense because of the way we have been playing recently. That said, I think it will be a close game because we have to win by running, not passing.

Tomorrow I will have a sign made for the game that reads, "I AM A JAGUARS FAN BECAUSE OF MARK BRUNELL. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES." Of course, I will wear my teal Brunell jersey there. I like the team for other reasons, but Mark was a big one, so I chose this game to see his induction in the Pride of the Jaguars.

Quote:Even during the 8-game losing streak, I always expected this one to be a win for the Jaguars. The Bills gave me some more confidence Sunday when they failed to get in the end zone at Tampa. That means our defense can stop their offense because of the way we have been playing recently. That said, I think it will be a close game because we have to win by running, not passing.

Tomorrow I will have a sign made for the game that reads, "I AM A JAGUARS FAN BECAUSE OF MARK BRUNELL. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES." Of course, I will wear my teal Brunell jersey there. I like the team for other reasons, but Mark was a big one, so I chose this game to see his induction in the Pride of the Jaguars.

Are you going to list the other teams you are a fan of?
Keeping with my recent posts of predictions...that have led to victories...

Bills defensive front is just too much for the Jags

Bills 16 Jags 13

Quote:Are you going to list the other teams you are a fan of?

Of course not. Why would I do that at the stadium?

GO JAGUARS!
Quote:Keeping with my recent posts of predictions...that have led to victories...

Bills defensive front is just too much for the Jags

Bills 16 Jags 13
I keep picking against the Jags in my football pool and the Jags keep winning. With that said, i'm picking the bills.  Go Jags!
Quote:I keep picking against the Jags in my football pool and the Jags keep winning. With that said, i'm picking the Bills.  Go Jags!

Doesn't that mean you should pick the Jaguars so you don't lose money?
Quote:Doesn't that mean you should pick the Jaguars so you don't lose money?
I care more about the Jags winning than the silly pool. 
Quote:I care more about the Jags winning than the silly pool. 

Me too. In fact the only betting I ever did was with individuals convinced the other team would win.

Do you really think the Bills will win?
Quote:The Jags ARE GOING TO DO IT AGAIN THIS WEEK, " WE ARE NOT GOING TO ALLOW THEM TO COME INTO OUR DOMAIN AND TAKE CONTROL, WE ARE ON THE PROWL OF THE bills!!!!! Wallbash  Wallbash  :verymad:  :verymad: "
It will be interesting to see if the Jaguars' secondary can avoid exploitation.

It will be interesting to see what kind of a passer Henne will be in the second and fourth quarter of this one.

Henne is producing traceable results.

He's great throwing over ten and way up there in the first and third.

His passer rating on third (or fourth) down and 9+ yards to go is 102.2 . 44 pass attempts in that situation indicate this figure is not a relic. It suggests clutch performance capabilities.

We joked about the batted down balls, but a week later he had none. There were two against the Texans last week, but Watt (a gimme) got one of those and the other was not that unusual for the attempt.

I'd say we need to closely watch Chad this week from a stand-point of this:

He has survived in the NFL for five years. Year five is an interesting period in the development of non-franchise starting quarterbacks. Henne is relatively healthy. His arm is strong. He throws a good deep ball. His protection can get better with the addition of a second tackle and replacement of faulty interior linemen. He may also benefit from the return of Blackmon, or a solid number one via the 2014 NFL draft.

If we see enough from Chad this week against the Bills' pass rush I see no problem attempting to extend his contract by a few years, Henne as the presumable starter, and Gabbert officially assigned the second-stringer.

Jungle Cat, are you a Michigan fan? You play up Chad Henne like he is a Pro Bowler. He is ranked near the bottom of active starting quarterbacks.

That said, if you were talking about his college career, I would agree with you he was pretty good - when he was not playing against the Buckeyes.

About the game, I think it can go either way. We should win but a loss would not be surprising.

Quote:He has survived in the NFL for five years. Year five is an interesting period in the development of non-franchise starting quarterbacks.

Quote:Jungle Cat, are you a Michigan fan? You play up Chad Henne like he is a Pro Bowler. He is ranked near the bottom of active starting quarterbacks.

That said, if you were talking about his college career, I would agree with you he was pretty good - when he was not playing against the Buckeyes.

About the game, I think it can go either way. We should win but a loss would not be surprising.
JW, re-read.
Quote:JW, re-read.

I don't need to. Everyone knows Chad Henne is not the answer.

Right now I am more interested in thinking about the former quarterback I will see at halftime.
Quote:I keep picking against the Jags in my football pool and the Jags keep winning. With that said, i'm picking the bills.  Go Jags!
Was going to call you a "traitor".....then I GOT IT!

"Its only crazy if it doesn't work."