Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: China Touts 5 Benefits Of Smog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://world.time.com/2013/12/09/china-h...?hpt=hp_t3

Always looking on the bright side...

Makes us equal, par the course for communism.........

Quote:Makes us equal, par the course for communism.........
They're right though, they'll all have relatively equal problems associated with thick, heavy smog.
"Smog is the reason we have such beautiful sunsets"

+1 to whoever names the movie that came from correctly.
Quote:"Smog is the reason we have such beautiful sunsets"

+1 to whoever names the movie that came from correctly.
Get Shorty!
Quote:Get Shorty!

That's right. Nobody I know has ever seen it. I loved it when I was a teenager.
"It is the Cadillac of SUV's"

I love that movie.
And yet they produce less CO2 per citizen than both America and Europe.

Quote:And yet they produce less CO2 per citizen than both America and Europe.
Who knows how they are coming to those statistics. It's now coming out that they aren't complletely up front about their education system as a whole. We've known for years though that they have only reported their best of the best.
Quote:Who knows how they are coming to those statistics. It's now coming out that they aren't complletely up front about their education system as a whole. We've known for years though that they have only reported their best of the best.
Note the per citizen. They have 1.1 billion of them, most living in pretty crappy conditions.
Quote:Note the per citizen. They have 1.1 billion of them, most living in pretty crappy conditions.
I understand. I still think those numbers are highly fudged. They have rivers of garbage, literally.
Quote:I understand. I still think those numbers are highly fudged. They have rivers of garbage, literally.
Cleveland once had a river that caught fire. 13 times. China's problems aren't that different from the US' from 50-60 years ago.
Quote:Cleveland once had a river that caught fire. 13 times. China's problems aren't that different from the US' from 50-60 years ago.
Again, I understand this.
So I guess it's acceptable to live in pretty crappy conditions as long as they produce less CO2 per citizen than the U.S. and Europe. Right?