Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting fact about the Jaguars...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Jaguars are the only team in the NFL that have never had a member of their franchise win a season-ending AP award (MVP, OPOTY, DPOTY, COTY, .etc)

It's pretty weird considering we've had a home-drafted, Pro Bowl, all-star RB almost every year of our existence.

Well since we're likely to take a QB early next year, we have a good shot at ROY/OROY

MJD not winning ROTY was criminal.

Fred Taylor would have won it any other year but a guy named Randy Moss also had 17 TDs that year (which tied Taylor).

Fred only made the pro bowl once i believe.
All about popularity. So many good players in this league that never get recognition due to playing in a small market team
Quote:MJD not winning ROTY was criminal.

Fred Taylor would have won it any other year but a guy named Randy Moss also had 17 TDs that year (which tied Taylor).

MJD was not the ROTY because he split time with Fred Taylor, who was still the starter every week and had more carries.

I don't know about "any other year." I think we should always remember Fred Taylor was the runner-up behind Randy Moss.
Quote:Fred only made the pro bowl once i believe.

As an alternate because of Willie Parker's leg injury. But he was an alternate other seasons and not needed before that.

MJD did not have to wait nearly as long to play in the Pro Bowl and was voted to it on merit.
still don't understand how he could be the rushing leader and not get any sort of award like that. 

MJD was robbed by the ESPN hype machine.
Quote:MJD was not the ROTY because he split time with Fred Taylor, who was still the starter every week and had more carries.

I don't know about "any other year." I think we should always remember Fred Taylor was the runner-up behind Randy Moss.

The award stands for "Rookie of the Year" not "Rookie, who is a starter, of the year".
Quote:The award stands for "Rookie of the Year" not "Rookie, who is a starter, of the year".

So Randy Moss was not a starter during his rookie year?
In the 18 seasons since the Jaguars first season, a Quarterback has won or shared the aware 13 times. So MVP isn't that surprising.  In fact the Jaguars are one of 10 teams to never have a player win MVP.  Since entering the league, 21 teams have not won the MVP award.  Meaning just 9 in 18 seasons.

The Eagles have also never won an AP NFL Award other than Coach of the Year during the NFL era.

The Jaguars also happen to be one of the four teams to never have had the 1st pick of the draft.   So that helps to explain that as well.

Quote:So Randy Moss was not a starter during his rookie year?
 I'm pretty sure that he meant MJD losing to Vince Young. That was total crap and everyone knows it. MJD was the best rookie regardless of whether or not he split time.
Awards mean crap. Give me wins instead.

Fred Taylor had more all purpose yards and I think they had the same amount of touchdowns that year. YES Fred Taylor got robbed his rookie year.
Quote:Fred Taylor had more all purpose yards and I think they had the same amount of touchdowns that year. YES Fred Taylor got robbed his rookie year.

Fred is THE MAN
Quote:Fred is THE MAN

He's the reason I'm a Jaguar fan

omg, just shut up and leave please.  Such a waste of space.
Quote:He's the reason I'm a Jaguar fan

Same here.
Quote:omg, just shut up and leave please.  Such a waste of space.

If she bugs you so much, just put her on ignore and you'll never have to be bothered again. :thumbsup:

Back on topic....it's highway robbery that MJD lost it to Vince Young!!!!
Pages: 1 2