Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jaguars are one of the best teams in football right now.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

The Jags not only have 3 straight wins out of 4 of 5 games, but they have beaten teams who have either beaten some of the top teams in the NFL, or who have taken other teams to the limits.

The Jags beat the Browns, (Who rightfully should have beaten the Pats.), who defeated the Broncos, who defeated the Chargers, who defeated the Chiefs.

I know it doesn't erase the losses of actually losing to some of these teams, but it does show that we can beat teams who can defeat the best the NFL has to offer.

Beated?

I think they need to limit the number of topics you can post in a certain time period.   :teehee:

On a more serious note, we need to put things in perspective.  The Jaguars are playing better but their schedule is also lightening up a considerable amount and that's playing a big factor. 

This is not even remotely true.

None of the teams the Jags beat have a winning record and you can't be a top team with Henne as a your QB.

Any team can compete any week. They are professionals.
[Image: 2ezqxpz.jpg]

Easy....easy there, JWDY.   The Jags are clawing their way up from irrelevant to "keep an eye on these guys."  

Bear says "slow your roll." 

I just re-read the OP.

You just who whooshed us all, didn't you?
Quote:[Image: 2ezqxpz.jpg]

Easy....easy there, JWDY.   The Jags are clawing their way up from irrelevant to "keep an eye on these guys."  

Wait... Who's a troll? and yeah the browns should have won that game, Unfortunately for me, I was playing against both Josh gordon and Shane vareen in what is looking like the final game of my fantasy playoffs Sad
Quote:Wait... Who's a troll? 

No idea what you are taking about.  I never called you or JWDY a troll.   I'm saying the Jags aren't one of the best football teams right now.  I think they are just nearing the middle of the pack.  
Quote:Beated?
Jerk?
Quote:The Jags not only have 3 straight wins out of 4 of 5 games, but they have beaten teams who have either beaten some of the top teams in the NFL, or who have taken other teams to the limits.

The Jags beat the Browns, (Who rightfully should have beaten the Pats.), who defeated the Broncos, who defeated the Chargers, who defeated the Chiefs.

I know it doesn't erase the losses of actually losing to some of these teams, but it does show that we can beat teams who can defeat the best the NFL has to offer.

Lol dude come on.
Jaguars beat the Browns.

Patriots barely beat the Browns.

Therefore, Jaguars >= Patriots.

OH YEAH SUPAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOOWLLLLLLLLLLL.

It is of my opinion that not only are the Jaguars one of the better teams. The Jaguars are The Bestest of Teams period... (times three)...

;-)...

NH3...
Quote:[Image: 2ezqxpz.jpg]

More like Pump Your Brakes...

NH3...
WOW...
We beat the titans cause CJ fumbled in his own redzone and our redzone. 14 pt swing.

We beat down the texans on defense so this was a good win.

We beat the browns because weeden gifted us 13 pts when they were up 7 right before halftime.

We held barely held on against the worst team in the NFL even though they had more penalty yards than we had total yards.

We are still the worst team in the NFL. 4 Ws doesnt change that.

Flame on. But its true. The most important thing is we have a solid young and improving core, with the right leaders in place both in the front office and the coaching staff. Despite being the worst team in the Nfl this year we can make a huge jump this offseason.
Quote:We beat the titans cause CJ fumbled in his own redzone and our redzone. 14 pt swing.

We beat down the texans on defense so this was a good win.

We beat the browns because weeden gifted us 13 pts when they were up 7 right before halftime.

We held barely held on against the worst team in the NFL even though they had more penalty yards than we had total yards.

We are still the worst team in the NFL. 4 Ws doesnt change that.

Flame on. But its true. The most important thing is we have a solid young and improving core, with the right leaders in place both in the front office and the coaching staff. Despite being the worst team in the Nfl this year we can make a huge jump this offseason.

I agree with the majority of your post.  Not sure if you were just exaggerating  humorously with the bolded or not though...

'cause 177 < 281  -  but jeez  -  177 yds of penalties  - ( to be fair to the Jags - at least two of those lengthy P.I. calls would likely have been completions.)

I agree with everything else except "worst team in the NFL"   I think by season's end the Jags will be legitimately more like 27th. LOL  Not really  much different.  Still nice to have the arrow at least at 45 degrees upward. 

I think 281 was total yards wasn't it? I know henne was at like 120 yards so it's  not to far fetched. I think I saw in an NFL.com article that they committed more penalty yards then we had on offense

Freaking auto correct phone

I don't randomly pull numbers out of the air when I post.  

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013120500...e=boxscore

The Jags had 281 total net yards of offense on Thursday night. 

This one page contains claims that we are among the best and claims that we are the worst. Interesting differences of opinion, lol.

You do know what "matchup" means right? It means some teams have an advantage over other teams. Just because we beat the Browns who almost beat the Pats doesn't mean we will beat the Pats, in fact, we may not come close to beating them because we are a terrible matchup to them. 

Pages: 1 2