Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tesla Solar Roof
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow, game changer here. Beautiful looking too.

https://www.tesla.com/solar

That is pretty awesome!
I'll roof my house with these if Elon Musk takes public speaking lessons. 

Yeah, not a very good speaker, but also not sure he really needs to be. I have met plenty of people great at public speaking that are as useless as expired birth control.

Yea nice idea but at this point Waaaaay too expensive and I am totally pro solar.

Like 73k expensive from early rumors.

Not realistic unless that drastically changes.
Quote:Yea nice idea but at this point Waaaaay too expensive and I am totally pro solar.

Like 73k expensive from early rumors.

Not realistic unless that drastically changes.

73k? Yeah...that's a tad bit expensive for a roof.
Quote:73k? Yeah...that's a tad bit expensive for a roof.

Panels are still way cheaper but in a decade the solar roof price will drop down to market price it's just brand new right now.
More info

http://www.consumerreports.org/roofing/h...ethod=auto

I imagine eventually, Tesla will have their "Model 3" type roof affordable to the masses.

Quote:Panels are still way cheaper but in a decade the solar roof price will drop down to market price it's just brand new right now.

Unfortunately, solar panels aren't allowed in all neighborhoods.
Quote:Unfortunately, solar panels aren't allowed in all neighborhoods.
Thank you HOAs. Can't have a car in the driveway and can't have solar panels either. 
Quote:Thank you HOAs. Can't have a car in the driveway and can't have solar panels either.

I'm not in a HOA, but I am in a historical district and they don't like anything that doesn't look age appropriate.
Quote:I'm not in a HOA, but I am in a historical district and they don't like anything that doesn't look age appropriate.
Historical district? I'll bet money none of the houses are older than the one I live in now. 
Quote:Historical district? I'll bet money none of the houses are older than the one I live in now.

Its a historical district for Jacksonville, not the planet.
Quote:Unfortunately, solar panels aren't allowed in all neighborhoods.
He'll get it approved for you if necessary !!

[Image: 150125100442-bernie-sanders-780x439.jpg]
Quote:Its a historical district for Jacksonville, not the planet.
Still.
I was told by my HOA that HOA's can't restrict solar panel installation. I guess historic districts are different. It is no secret the panels are major eye sores so its probably for the better.

Quote:I'm not in a HOA, but I am in a historical district and they don't like anything that doesn't look age appropriate.
well one thing is that solar panels can be mounted on the ground on poles or appropriate mounting devices hidden from the road behind fences...maybe the historical district committee would allow that?  

I have seen many different solar configurations and panels and thought I would like to convert my home or maybe just a portion of my home to solar power, but unless you are wayyyyy out of town where there are no utilities, solar is so costly you never get to the point that it's worth the investment...The panels degrade and lose their ability to do their job and the batteries only last about 5 years... I would be very interested in just getting enough solar power to run my heat and air, water heater and maybe stove but I would probably use gas for a stove and maybe water heater
Quote:Its a historical district for Jacksonville, not the planet.
LOL

Riverside correct? I  Love RS

Quote:Still.
So, how old is your house? 
Quote:LOL

Riverside correct? I  Love RS

So, how old is your house? 
Originally built in 1894.
Quote:Originally built in 1894.

Holy crap is that normal there or did you just want to live in something that old?
Pages: 1 2