Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Koyak and Sterling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Intrigued by both of these guys.  They seem to have made the most of what little playing time they've received. 

Can anyone explain to me why this Ellis guy keeps starting over both of them?

Quote:Can anyone explain to me why this Ellis guy keeps starting over both of them?
He prob can block better

But they are in when we are passing
Yeah, they are the Jags rob gronkowski and Martelles Bennett combo.
Quote:Can anyone explain to me why this Ellis guy keeps starting over both of them?

Can you tell me when Ellis ran a route to catch the ball? I barely saw him on the field yesterday, and that was between plays. Sterling and Koyack were the route runners.
Because this coaching staff blows.
One noteworthy absence was Marcedes Lewis. I never saw his name on the injury report last week. Is his job in jeopardy?

Quote:Yeah, they are the Jags Rob Gronkowski and Martelles Bennett combo.

Why is your avatar a Raiders logo?
Quote:One noteworthy absence was Marcedes Lewis. I never saw his name on the injury report last week. Is his job in jeopardy?

Marcades Lewis suffered a calf injury in the Jaguars-Lions game and was placed on I.R.
Quote:One noteworthy absence was Marcedes Lewis. I never saw his name on the injury report last week. Is his job in jeopardy?
He is on IR. Done as Jag more than likely.
notice how the production out of that position is basically the same without our expensive starters in there

Quote:notice how the production out of that position is basically the same without our expensive starters in there

Which makes me wonder if they'll consider ditching Thomas.
Quote: Marcades Lewis suffered a calf injury in the Jaguars-Lions game and was placed on I.R.

Oh man it must be really bad to end his season with six games left.

The way Sterling and Koyack have been playing, he could go the way Tony Romo did in Dallas.
Quote:Which makes me wonder if they'll consider ditching Thomas.

No chance of that happening now. Thomas still leads all Jaguars TEs in scores.
Quote:Which makes me wonder if they'll consider ditching Thomas.
I seriously doubt Thomas is back. I believe they can cut him without any cap repercussion. Another failed free agency acquisition to add to the Jags abysmal free agent list.
Quote:Oh man it must be really bad to end his season with six games left.

The way Sterling and Koyack have been playing, he could go the way Tony Romo did in Dallas.

The only possible way I can picture Marcedes Lewis back with the Jaguars is at a very favorable contract rate for the team. 
Quote:I seriously doubt Thomas is back. I believe they can cut him without any cap repercussion. Another failed free agency acquisition to add to the Jags abysmal free agent list.

Are you sure simply cutting him would cost us nothing? I don't know what the contract details are.
Quote:No chance of that happening now. Thomas still leads all Jaguars TEs in scores.

When factoring in the contract and J. Thomas' overall play,  he probably will have to restructure his contract downward to have a chance at being back with the Jaguars next season.

'
Quote:The only possible way I can picture Marcedes Lewis back with the Jaguars is at a very favorable contract rate for the team. 

He is not worth it. I think Marcedes Lewis stays as long as he did because we had nobody better than him except Julius Tho/mas.
Quote:He is not worth it. I think Marcedes Lewis stays as long as he did because we had nobody better than him except Julius Tho/mas.

They are vastly different type of TEs.  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5