Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Coming Home!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all. Just got back from Afghanistan a few week ago and taking the family down home to Florida(including a infant. THAT should be a fun drive).  As a Christmas gift, my bro in law is letting me use his season ticket for the 22nd game against the tacks. Looking forward to being home again(havent been to a home game since 2010 vs the fins).  My question is how has the home crowd been lately? Also i'll be in section 217. Anyone around that area?

Welcome back!  Crowd has been a little bit light after the 8  straight losses, but the folks that showed up seemed pretty enthused the other night!  Maybe that win will inspire a few more folks to show up the next few weeks.   

I've never sat in 217 - but I sat in 214 a while back and had a great time.  

There's a new trend at EverBank nowadays.  Everyone remains seated throughout the game and tribute is expressed with appropriate dry, gentle opera applause.  In the event of a touchdown, the crowd has been known to mildly erupt with a hearty "Huzzah!" but vigorously raising one's wine glass in salute is consider uncivilized, and needless to say, highly frowned upon.  

Oh, and one other thing, 

Welcome back!

Welcome back man. I'm assuming you were in the military over there, if so, let me just take the time and thank you for your service. It's really appreciated by all of us back home.

Welcome home and glad you're safe...if I find tickets for the tacks game ...I'll buy you a beer in the budZone.

Cheers!

Homebiscuit- good to know. Ill make sure to bring my opera glasses.

Kodiak- yeah, I'm a Marine. I'm just a supply guy though, had it easy over there!

Really looking forward to the game. Still loathe the tacks for 99. Went to the home opener in 07 and we lost. Wanna drop the hammer on them....hard.
welcome back my friend

Welcome back! And thank you. I too will buy you a beer. Or wine.Smile
Quote:Homebiscuit- good to know. Ill make sure to bring my opera glasses.

Kodiak- yeah, I'm a Marine. I'm just a supply guy though, had it easy over there!

Really looking forward to the game. Still loathe the tacks for 99. Went to the home opener in 07 and we lost. Wanna drop the hammer on them....hard.

I would imagine that supply guys are pretty damn vital, so thank you for your service!
Do what we can to support the warfighters!

Don't drink, but ill take a Coke!
My brother was stationed over in Kuwait for about 6 months.. He bought a pair of "Beats" headphones for 9 bucks at a bazaar over there.. The Beats done broke after an hour haha..

Welcome back..

Quote:Do what we can to support the warfighters!

Don't drink, but ill take a Coke!

You're a Marine and you don't drink? And they let you stay in? Weird.

Welcome back! You've come back at the right time. The first half was a real drag. You'll probably see some real scoring.
WingerDinger- yeah, I went through 3 pairs of beats in almost 8 months. My $3 headphones here have lasted almost 2 years, lol.

Adam2012- nope, don't drink or dip. I think they keep me around for the oddity of it. From what I saw, the first half of the season was horrendous. Wanna see what Shorts, MJD, and the boys do.