Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Austin Paztor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Held his own and dare I say even got the better of JJ Watt on Thursday, not to mention he's been extremely solid since he got the starting RT job..

The Eugene Monroe trade looks like a genius move at this point... especially with his struggles in Baltimore.

Genius move? Not really. It was a good move but we didn't exactly get a huge deal and we even created some dead money to do it.

I wholeheartedly believe Paztor is the reason why Monroe was not going to be resigned. The Joeckel/Paztor combo going forward should be much better than the Monroe/Joeckel combo. All this trade really does is give me faith that Caldwell's a sneaky [BLEEP] and thats what makes a good GM.

Quote:Held his own and dare I say even got the better of JJ Watt on Thursday, not to mention he's been extremely solid since he got the starting RT job..

The Eugene Monroe trade looks like a genius move at this point... especially with his struggles in Baltimore.

JJ Watt put up the better game. Pasztor played well, but Watt was the better player Thursday.
I really like how our offensive line has come back since the bye. Our QB has time to read the defense and we're at least averagely rushing the ball. This is without our #2 overall pick. Meester is likely out after this season and I like the progress Rackley has been showing as of late. Houston and Tennessee have one of the better fronts in the league and we held our own. 

Pasztor has been a pleasant developmental surprise. He eliminates the need to draft a tackle this offseason. The Monroe deal looks tremendous today to me, attaining two picks for an average guy that was going to leave and taking up Joeckel's natural position.
Quote:I really like how our offensive line has come back since the bye. Our QB has time to read the defense and we're at least averagely rushing the ball. This is without our #2 overall pick. Meester is likely out after this season and I like the progress Rackley has been showing as of late. Houston and Tennessee have one of the better fronts in the league and we held our own. 

Sometimes I've seen henne sort of surprised that he had so much time, now if he could just learn to always do something good with it.

this I also didn't know about him...."Four-year starter at Virginia where he played one season with Jaguars LT Eugene Monroe ..."

He just seems like the type of guy  to go quietly about his business. lot of positives on his player bio.

He held his own against Watt, but I noticed the Texans kept lining him up over Rackley where he pretty much abused Will.
Quote:He held his own against Watt, but I noticed the Texans kept lining him up over Rackley where he pretty much abused Will.

Not surprising. Rackley just is not very good.
They had him all over.....he rushed all our lineman at a point in time. Pasztor more often than not held his own but he just needs to work on the consistency of his balance, watt got him off his feet once but it didn't look like he was overpowered just poor footwork
Quote: 

this I also didn't know about him...."Four-year starter at Virginia where he played one season with Jaguars LT Eugene Monroe ..."

He just seems like the type of guy  to go quietly about his business. lot of positives on his player bio.
Who're you talking about here?
Quote:Held his own and dare I say even got the better of JJ Watt on Thursday, not to mention he's been extremely solid since he got the starting RT job..

Paztor got the better of JJ on a couple of plays, but JJ still had another amazing day.  And Monroe has been doing very well for Baltimore outside of his first game with them.  So I understand your enthusiasm for Paztor, but only reason the Monroe trade made sense was because he's going to command a top contract next year and probably wasn't going to get it from us so it made sense to get a pick out of it.
Three cheers for Canada then?

Quote:Genius move? Not really. It was a good move but we didn't exactly get a huge deal and we even created some dead money to do it.

I wholeheartedly believe Paztor is the reason why Monroe was not going to be resigned. The Joeckel/Paztor combo going forward should be much better than the Monroe/Joeckel combo. All this trade really does is give me faith that Caldwell's a sneaky [BLEEP] and thats what makes a good GM.

It was more a matter of luck. Bradfield, not Paztor was set to be the starter at RT when Monroe was traded. Had Joeckel not been injured, Paztor may have never been given the chance to start.

I still think the Jags should have gotten more for Monroe.

Quote:JJ Watt put up the better game. Pasztor played well, but Watt was the better player Thursday.
JJ Watt was moved around a lot, he did not have a better game going up 1v1 with Paztor. 
Quote:Three cheers for Canada then?

Hip, hip, hooray!

Hip, hip, hooray!

Hip, hip, hooray!
Quote:It was more a matter of luck. Bradfield, not Paztor was set to be the starter at RT when Monroe was traded. Had Joeckel not been injured, Paztor may have never been given the chance to start.

I still think the Jags should have gotten more for Monroe.

I'm not sure where this is coming from, Joeckel's first game at LT was St Louis, which Pazstor started not Bradfield.
Quote:Paztor got the better of JJ on a couple of plays, but JJ still had another amazing day.  And Monroe has been doing very well for Baltimore outside of his first game with them.  So I understand your enthusiasm for Paztor, but only reason the Monroe trade made sense was because he's going to command a top contract next year and probably wasn't going to get it from us so it made sense to get a pick out of it.

I agree with this. and in the end I think the trade was one that worked out well for both sides. Assuming the Ravens can sign Monroe that is.

Which is why you dont take a RT in the top ten, the Monroe trade will have more to do with how well Jockle plays
He's one of my two favorite Canadians...the other being this guy. 

Quote:JJ Watt put up the better game. Pasztor played well, but Watt was the better player Thursday.

Watt had 3 tackles and that's it.

Unless he got a lot of hurries, because unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the game until the pick by Geno in the 4th with.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5