Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is the proverbial arrow officially pointing up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I sure hope so. Here's to continued success after years of failure.
I think the arrow is in a steady incline but this next offseason will be a crucial one.  I firmly believe that we have the right head coach, the jury is still out on Caldwell (it's a more complicated situation than HC to judge this quickly) and I have come around on Fisch.  I admit I was one of his harshest critics but I've been slowly warming up on him as the season went on.  He's improved week to week for several weeks now.  I hope he continues that and we can be set at OC for next year.  I've said it countless times but we finally have a leader of men at HC.  We've been missing that key piece to the puzzle since Tom Coughlin was fired. 

I hated the Luke Joeckel pick because we had Eugene Monroe, but might change my mind on that depending on how we use our extra fourth and fifth round picks from the Ravens.

Quote:I hated the Luke Joeckel pick because we had Eugene Monroe, but might change my mind on that depending on how we use our extra fourth and fifth round picks from the Ravens.
Hopefully they self destruct so those picks are higher in their respective rounds.
Quote:Hopefully they self destruct so those picks are higher in their respective rounds.

You mean the Ravens? I always hope they self-destruct because I hate them.

Quote:You mean the Ravens? I always hope they self-destruct because I hate them.
Yes, the Raven. I hate them too and enjoy seeing them lose. This is especially true this year because the Jags have something to gain from it.
For me?  Not yet.  I like what the coaching staff has achieved, but I think an unbiased analysis has to include the strength of the teams that have been beaten recently.  Statistically, the Jaguars are still doing poorly even when winning.

do not forget how many years we  would beat teams we were supposed to lose to but lose to the teams we should beat! We are now beating the teams we should be so if next year we keep this trend going and also start beating teams higher ranked than us that would be significant progress for me.