Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Matt Scott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gus seems to want a mobile QB? Check. Strong arm? Check. Quick release? Check. Could we be grooming him to be our QB next season?

Matt Scott had accuracy issues from what I remember.  And we have no idea where he's at from a mental standpoint.  Really, I haven't a clue if he's going to be a factor next year.  My guess is he's on the practice squad another year. 

Quote:Gus seems to want a mobile QB? Check. Strong arm? Check. Quick release? Check. Could we be grooming him to be our QB next season?

I doubt it. If they thought he was worth keeping around he'd be on the active roster under contract instead of on the practice squad where any team could sign him whenever they feel like it.

It's not like there's any reason not to just cut Gabbert or Stanzi and bring him up, either, so it's a pretty good indication that's an absolutely horrendous QB and that you should feel stupid for even suggesting he's of any consequence moving forward. (you're welcome)
Quote:I doubt it. If they thought he was worth keeping around he'd be on the active roster under contract instead of on the practice squad where any team could sign him whenever they feel like it.

It's not like there's any reason not to just cut Gabbert or Stanzi and bring him up, either, so it's a pretty good indication that's an absolutely horrendous QB and that you should feel stupid for even suggesting he's of any consequence moving forward. (you're welcome)

If another team signed him he'd have to be active for 3 games, and most teams have their own PS QB they could bring up or 3rd string guy that knows their offense so it's doubtful anyone signs him from the Jags PS. 

And I seriously hope the bolded is a joke. 

Quote:If another team signed him he'd have to be active for 3 games, and most teams have their own PS QB they could bring up or 3rd string guy that knows their offense so it's doubtful anyone signs him from the Jags PS. 

And I seriously hope the bolded is a joke. 

The bolded was just because I wanted to fit in with other board stalwarts like Trunt and Solid Snake.

It is obvious, though, that if anyone in the league saw real elite potential in him he'd have been signed away.

If he's not an elite talent then there's no point in even thinking about his abilities because QBs that aren't elite don't even move the needle, they're all the same guy.
He didn't really show anything in camp or preseason.

I'm one of the biggest Matt Scott supporters here, but I think at best you draft a QB in the first and bring Scott up as a 3rd stringer to get some practice in case Draft pick doesn't work out. 

I use Matt Scott online in Madden 25, and I win, if that makes you happy.

Quote:I use Matt Scott online in Madden 25, and I win, if that makes you happy.

Everyone rolls with Matt Scott online. 82 speed son!
I think we should move Scott up and see what he has got for the last 3 games.. why not? There is some potential there at least.

Quote:I think we should move Scott up and see what he has got for the last 3 games.. why not? There is some potential there at least.
Yeah, we could get that Madden rating raised to 90 speed! Truth!
Will you guys PLEASE put this Matt Scott as our QB thing to rest. He's not good. He was undrafted. He WILL NOT be our quarterback.

Wallbash

If the Jags were still winless, he'd probably be starting. Either him or the Gabburt.

Instead we get to see more crappy Chad Henne

Quote:I think we should move Scott up and see what he has got for the last 3 games.. why not? There is some potential there at least.

What potential honestly? He has shown none since he's been here.
A few weeks ago, I said we should give either him or Stanzi a shot on the basis that we have nothing to lose.

Now we are winning games, we do have something to lose.

Quote:The bolded was just because I wanted to fit in with other board stalwarts like Trunt and Solid Snake.

It is obvious, though, that if anyone in the league saw real elite potential in him he'd have been signed away.

If he's not an elite talent then there's no point in even thinking about his abilities because QBs that aren't elite don't even move the needle, they're all the same guy.

Problem?