Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley on Dan Patrick Show at 1135 today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/jaguars'><span>@jaguars </span> </a>

<p class="">Jaguars HC Bradley will be on the @dpshow at 11:35.

Heads up for anybody wanting to listen or watch on NBCSN. In Jax, it's carried on 930.
Gus Bradley is proving to be a rising star among the younger coaches in the league.  I watched the broadcast of the game this morning, and the NFL Network really talked him up.  It's going to be a fun ride to watch him as he ascends the coaching ranks, and the nice thing about it is that when he does get this team fully turned around, he'll be OUR coach, and not some guy we rescued from the scrap heap because he had success as a head coach somewhere else but just ran out of luck. 

Who was our last coach?  Mike...Mike...*snap snap*...ahhhh, it'll come to me eventually.

Quote:Gus Bradley is proving to be a rising star among the younger coaches in the league.  I watched the broadcast of the game this morning, and the NFL Network really talked him up.  It's going to be a fun ride to watch him as he ascends the coaching ranks, and the nice thing about it is that when he does get this team fully turned around, he'll be OUR coach, and not some guy we rescued from the scrap heap because he had success as a head coach somewhere else but just ran out of luck. 
Really good point. Goes for the new players as well. They're OUR guys. No one else's.
Quote:Gus Bradley is proving to be a rising star among the younger coaches in the league.  I watched the broadcast of the game this morning, and the NFL Network really talked him up.  It's going to be a fun ride to watch him as he ascends the coaching ranks, and the nice thing about it is that when he does get this team fully turned around, he'll be OUR coach, and not some guy we rescued from the scrap heap because he had success as a head coach somewhere else but just ran out of luck. 

More than anybody, Gus was the breakout star from last night. Looking at Twitter today, the national football media cant stop talking about Gus. It's great to see.
Dan Patrick took the low road.  To Gus: "Could you live in London?"

Anybody check it out?

Quote:Anybody check it out?

I did, thus my post above.
Quote:I did, thus my post above.

I guess what I'm trying to say is would anybody be willing to recap what was asked/said, outside of a single question.
Tebow, incomplete helmets, relocation to London.

Patric really hit on all of the important points.
Quote:Tebow, incomplete helmets, relocation to London.

Can't say I'm surprised.  If I were Gus, I would have just walked out of the interview.
Dan Patrick is a helmet.

Quote:Tebow, incomplete helmets, relocation to London.

Patrick is a clown. 
+1

Dan Patrick is more of a jokester/funny guy, then any kind of real sports talk guy. He always has interviews like this. He's not a real serious sports talk guy, so take it for what it's worth.

Gus was on Sirius XM this morning with Bob Popa and Derek Brooks.  I didn't realize this, but Gus was on the Tampa team in some fashion when Brooks was there.  They talked about their little inside joke about their home address being the stadium address.

Sounds like a gem of an interview.  I dont know why anyone reads or listens to any national media when it comes to the Jags.  More times than not its a cynical or even insulting viewpoint.  Just isnt enjoyable. 

So much better to just follow the team on your own.

Patrick had to get his London, Tebow, helmet shots in, but Gus handled it well. He said his and the franchise's focus is on Jacksonville, Dave Campbell put the Tebow question to rest before he hired Gus, and said players like to be unique and will grow to love the helmets. Bradley laughed it all off, never coming close to anger or frustration with the questions.

Patrick was very positive about the team's turnaround and the coaching job by Gus and his staff.

Gus was the same guy we see on this site nearly every day. Positive, focused, energetic and engaging. Last night's broadcast was a positive for the franchise as a whole, and Gus in particular. The Jaguars edged a little higher towards radar contact.

Quote:Can't say I'm surprised.  If I were Gus, I would have just walked out of the interview.

Probably too nice of a guy.
Quote:Patrick had to get his London, Tebow, helmet shots in, but Gus handled it well. He said his and the franchise's focus is on Jacksonville, Dave Campbell put the Tebow question to rest before he hired Gus, and said players like to be unique and will grow to love the helmets. Bradley laughed it all off, never coming close to anger or frustration with the questions.

Patrick was very positive about the team's turnaround and the coaching job by Gus and his staff.

Gus was the same guy we see on this site nearly every day. Positive, focused, energetic and engaging. Last night's broadcast was a positive for the franchise as a whole, and Gus in particular. The Jaguars edged a little higher towards radar contact.

Yea, I didn't have a problem with the interview.  It was just a quick lighthearted interview.  These are probably subjects people outside of Jacksonville probably expect him to touch on unfortunately.