Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Coming Around on Bradley/Fisch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At 0-8 I was highly skeptical about both of them but with the way the team has responded of late, I'm beginning to come around. Bradley has these guys focused and wanting to win. Jones-Drew's comments about wanting to come back here tell the full story. After losing Joeckel and Blackmon, probably your two best young talents, this year could have been historically bad. Obviously a lesser coach would have lost the team, but they really, really seem to have responded to him and continue to win despite their obvious talent deficiencies. He's doubled our win total from last year with arguably a less talented roster and for that alone I must take off my cap. My hope is that it translates into us landing some talent in free agency, as players seem to take a strong liking to him.

As for Fisch, I wanted him gone after the San Francisco game, but he's really making the most out of a hodge podge line, thin WR core, an aging running back and a bonafide scrub at QB. Creative play calling is something this team has been starving for and he does a nice job of making in game adjustments as well. I think these guys are going to be our two for years to come.
So let me get this right, when they were losing you thought they were garbage.  Now that they're winning you think they're ok?

Hey at least we know not to trust your rash irrational judgements Smile

I agree.  I moved away from Jax so havent been able to watch as many games.  Was able to finally watch a game from beginning to end last night.  And I thought Fisch called a good game.  My only beef was repeatedly trying to run wide which never worked unless we got the corner.  But other than that I thought he mixed things up well and called plays to put our players in a chance to succeed.  Lining Marcedes up out wide on the goaline.  Putting Ace in the backfield and rolling him out in a screen.  I liked the draw play to MJD getting us into FG range.  etc, etc... 

But good lord does the team stink though.  Henne while maybe better than Gabbert is still a below average starting QB.  So many times we had a chance for big plays or first downs late only to see a bad throw from Henne cost us.  Fisch can only do so much.  I think this offense has real potential with Fisch calling plays if we can get a capable QB back there.

Quote:So let me get this right, when they were losing you thought they were garbage.  Now that they're winning you think they're ok?

Winning translates to confidence.
Quote:So let me get this right, when they were losing you thought they were garbage.  Now that they're winning you think they're ok?

They were garbage. They lost 8 in a row by double digits. That's actually very rational thinking.
Let's not act like we are lighting it up on offense. We are still rated 32nd in offense. Still a lot of work to be done. We had less than 300 total yards of offense last night. If the Texans don't have 200 yards in penalties we probably lose.
Quote:Let's not act like we are lighting it up on offense. We are still rated 32nd in offense. Still a lot of work to be done.

No kidding. Finding a franchise QB should be at the top of the list.
Fisch is so incompetent he doesn't even think to teach WRs to run past the yard to mark line. This is basic NFL coaching stuff.

Gadget plays are a sign of weakness in the NFL. Fisch is weak.

Quote:Fisch is so incompetent he doesn't even think to teach WRs to run past the yard to mark line. This is basic NFL coaching stuff.

It could also be that he knows that the offensive line can't hold blocks long enough to get to that first down marker. I agree though we can't continue to design plays on 3rd and long that are short of the first down.
Quote:Let's not act like we are lighting it up on offense. We are still rated 32nd in offense. Still a lot of work to be done.

the offense averaged 10.7 points per game before the bye week.   22.6 since then.  I think we can safely say the offense is a little better than that 32nd ranking at the moment. 

Quote:Fisch is so incompetent he doesn't even think to teach WRs to run past the yard to mark line. This is basic NFL coaching stuff.

It isn't the WR's fault that our QB has no concept of ball placement. On the two plays you're eluding to, Shorts and Sanders could have easily has the first, but they had to adjust to horrible ball placement. I don't think people realize what a detriment Henne is to this team.
So you were skeptical because he couldnt beat playoff teams with the worst roster in the NFL?

Quote:So you were skeptical because he couldnt beat playoff teams with the worst roster in the NFL?

...... Because double digit losses to the Raiders, Rams and Chargers inspire confidence.
Quote: 

But good lord does the team stink though.  Henne while maybe better than Gabbert is still a below average starting QB.  So many times we had a chance for big plays or first downs late only to see a bad throw from Henne cost us. 

I agree with this....and this is what is winning me over about Gus Bradley. This roster is 2-14 bad, and we've now won 4 out of our last 5, and could conceivably win out for the remaining games. That tells me that this coach is getting the most that he can out of this team. 

Most of the receiver play can be placed on Henne. Mike Brown had a few drops but he missed Shorts WIDE OPEN. That was a layup type play of this was basketball. Fisch is impressing with bad roster. A healthy Luke, a more experienced Paztor (whom I thought did great against Watt), a new interior lineman and more importantly, a better QB, this offense can be above average.
Quote:It isn't the WR's fault that our QB has no concept of ball placement. On the two plays you're eluding to, Shorts and Sanders could have easily has the first, but they had to adjust to horrible ball placement. I don't think people realize what a detriment Henne is to this team.
Jungle Cat acts like we're the only team that would attempt a pass short of the sticks on 3rd down, it happens everywhere. Better than forcing it past the first down marker if nothing's open.
I'm getting the feeling we're going to become that team that nobody wants to play.  They're looking violent out there. 

Quote:...... Because double digit losses to the Raiders, Rams and Chargers inspire confidence.

Rams and Chargers are way better than us, did you really expect to be in those games? We have the least talented roster in the league.
Quote:Winning translates to confidence.
You have something in your signature that needs to be checked off. 
Quote:At 0-8 I was highly skeptical about both of them but with the way the team has responded of late, I'm beginning to come around. Bradley has these guys focused and wanting to win. Jones-Drew's comments about wanting to come back here tell the full story. After losing Joeckel and Blackmon, probably your two best young talents, this year could have been historically bad. Obviously a lesser coach would have lost the team, but they really, really seem to have responded to him and continue to win despite their obvious talent deficiencies. He's doubled our win total from last year with arguably a less talented roster and for that alone I must take off my cap. My hope is that it translates into us landing some talent in free agency, as players seem to take a strong liking to him.

As for Fisch, I wanted him gone after the San Francisco game, but he's really making the most out of a hodge podge line, thin WR core, an aging running back and a bonafide scrub at QB. Creative play calling is something this team has been starving for and he does a nice job of making in game adjustments as well. I think these guys are going to be our two for years to come.
That's the reason you aren't affiliated with an NFL franchise professionally. You failed to see the larger picture, and jerked your knee to the point of terminal velocity. 

It's a lesson you can learn from. Smile
Pages: 1 2