Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "Learning to Win" and What if
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep hearing this team needs to "learn to win".  Well if that is the case, lets play a what if game. 

What if the Jags pulled off the win against Green Bay in the home opener?  How important was that one game? Would that have changed the outcome of the season?  Or would we be 3-9 right now? 

Would winning first game against a "perceived" NFL powerhouse have sparked a different mind shift?

I know these are hypothetical nonsense questions, but since the season is long over I ponder these things.  My life is sad.  Sad

For a week or two, but Green bay has showed that they are currently declining all season. We had a close game with a very inconsistent Packer team. I expected a rough start, but I was sure they could pull of some early wins and by this point we would be on the cusp of the playoffs/division.

Hard to tell because Green weren't even a good team for the first few weeks. I still think we would be in the same mess as long as Gus reigns supreme.
Would have made a difference in Green Bay.  They would be raising cane right now.

Considering the absolute beating and dismantling that happened in San Diego... I don't think the result of that Green Bay game would have mattered at all in either direction.

This team is close to winning every game they play, but they constantly just beat themselves. That's just the reality of this football team, especially when its ran by a bunch of happy pill clowns. The culture is a joke and you never get that  feeling or "vibe" that they're serious about winning. You can go watch any other team and they just seem light years away in terms of coaching, discipline, and execution.

Quote:I keep hearing this team needs to "learn to win".  Well if that is the case, lets play a what if game. 

What if the Jags pulled off the win against Green Bay in the home opener?  How important was that one game? Would that have changed the outcome of the season?  Or would we be 3-9 right now? 

Would winning first game against a "perceived" NFL powerhouse have sparked a different mind shift?

I know these are hypothetical nonsense questions, but since the season is long over I ponder these things.  My life is sad.   Sad

Looking back on the season and prior, the Jaguars were the "perceived" AFCS Champions.  I've often thought that it probably went to their heads.

A win against Green Bay might have been a good psychological "win" for the players, but I think that the biggest turning point of the season was the week 2 [BLEEP] kicking that they got from San Diego.  I believe that game probably shocked the young players into understanding that they aren't as good as they thought they were.

The biggest meltdown came in week 8 when they just "gave up" when playing Tennessee.

Looking back now though, pretty much every team that we lost to has a legitimate shot at the playoffs.  The Packers, Bills and Chargers are likely out.  The thing is though, the losses in most every game are some of the "coulda woulda shoulda" kind.
Quote:I keep hearing this team needs to "learn to win".  Well if that is the case, lets play a what if game. 

I know these are hypothetical nonsense questions, but since the season is long over I ponder these things.  My life is sad.  Sad

For a well coached team, that's certainly possible. As young as they are, winning early no doubt would have been a confidence builder early on. Unfortunately, they're not well coached, so they repeatedly find new ways to swallow their own tongue and choke week after week.
We would simply be 3-9.

IT wouldn't have changed much. 

I was willing to give them my last bit of trust in the team after we managed to win 2 weeks in a row against Colts and Bears. I was skeptical but still hopeful they somehow could build from there as those ugly wins could have been them a boost of confidence.

But no, they came out against the Raiders and put on one of the worst performances ever in the first half only to get some garbage time numbers in the second half. 

That game was the final proof this team with this staff and QB wasn't going to turn it around ever and also the reason why I think winning against GB wouldn't have changed much.

Bad coaching and QB play are just too much to overcome.

Green Bay is not that good. They are merely an average team just because Aaron Rodgers is so good that he props them up a little.

Green Bay is 6-6 (same as Titans, Colts, Texans)

And, they have been beaten by TWO AFCS teams (once even in Lambeau)

If GB was in the AFCS, they'd be sitting at 6-6 with a 2-2 division record.

Heck, the Jags almost beat them (probably should've), then GB would've been 1-3 against the AFCS division this year.

THINK ABOUT THAT!

GB may get lucky enough to find a Wildcard spot with an 8-8 or 9-7 record. But, they have not shown anything that says "Good Team" all season, IMO.