Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Something nobody is really talking about..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We've been really good at take aways, lots of picks/forced fumbles this season.. nice to see. 

Good at safeties too.

Our D seems very good at making plays at opportune times.

They are starting to remind me of the bears in recent seasons.

If you think about it, those turnovers and safeties have been largely responsible for our winning streak.

Lol i feel Chad Hennes turn around play been largely responsible for our current streak..look at him hes finally scrambling.but the d getting there need SACKS!
The Defense pulled hennes butt out of the fire last night.

He needs to buy them ALL a nice Christmas gift.

Played lights out first two quarters then *poof*..."I'm done" Wallbash

Quote:We've been really good at take aways, lots of picks/forced fumbles this season.. nice to see. 

Duly noted. 

Hopefully that continues. Thats one of the better attributes to have from a defense. The final INT though...I still have no idea why Schaub threw that pass right to the Jaguar player. What Texan receiver was he looking at?

Quote:Duly noted.

Hopefully that continues. Thats one of the better attributes to have from a defense. The final INT though...I still have no idea why Schaub threw that pass right to the Jaguar player. What Texan receiver was he looking at?

No idea but that's why he is Matt Schaub.

He was looking at the post behind Hayes. He looked off Hayes towards the receiver underneath and thought Hayes was biting, which he wasn't. It looked a lot uglier than it actually was.
Henne is playing so we don't lose, but playing so we don't win either. Our D is bending but not breaking as of late. We still need to get more consistent pressure. Seems like a designed blitz is the only thing that works. We don't have anyone that can get after on a regular base play whej we rush 4
Quote:Lol i feel Chad Hennes turn around play been largely responsible for our current streak..look at him hes finally scrambling.but the d getting there need SACKS!

Last night's game really made me realize just how badly this team needs a QB.  The score would have been 42-20 if we had a QB who could actually put the ball somewhere with accuracy and go through more than 2 reads.

His eyes were locked onto Andre Johnson crossing the field and he never saw Hayes standing there. Even at that, Johnson was already double covered.

The other decision that baffled me was why they didn't kick a field goal with 3:20 left rather than go for it on 4th and 6. That would have put them within one with 3:20 left and two timeouts....and it wasn't like were moving the ball in the second half.
I remember Gus Bradley mentioning they specifically devote a day of practice to creating turnovers. He called it "Turnover Tuesday" or "Takeaway Thursday" - something to that effect.

Quote:His eyes were locked onto Andre Johnson crossing the field and he never saw Hayes standing there. Even at that, Johnson was already double covered.

The other decision that baffled me was why they didn't kick a field goal with 3:20 left rather than go for it on 4th and 6. That would have put them within one with 3:20 left and two timeouts....and it wasn't like were moving the ball in the second half.

They did try a field goal on 4th and 6, but we had 12 men on the field, so it became 4th and 1. From there the Texans got a first down that led to a touchdown.

Quote:Good at safeties too.

Our D seems very good at making plays at opportune times.

They are starting to remind me of the bears in recent seasons.
Our D Coordinator was with the Bears previously.. ironically enough. 
Quote:I remember Gus Bradley mentioning they specifically devote a day of practice to creating turnovers. He called it "Turnover Tuesday" or "Takeaway Thursday" - something to that effect.

It was certainly Takeaway Thursday last night with both Texans quarterbacks throwing interceptions.

He was locked in on Andre Johnson the entire play. He was throwing the ball to a spot and Geno Hayes was there. I know you are convinced he did it on purpose, but it was just another bad play in a long season of them that cost Schaub his job this season and will get him cut at the end of the season.
Quote:He was locked in on Andre Johnson the entire play. He was throwing the ball to a spot and Geno Hayes was there. I know you are convinced he did it on purpose, but it was just another bad play in a long season of them that cost Schaub his job this season and will get him cut at the end of the season.

I will never understand why some people think quarterbacks would do that on purpose. Schaub is simply not a good quarterback.
Quote:Henne is playing so we don't lose, but playing so we don't win either.

The bottom line is he's playing well enough to give the team a chance to win. As Bradley recently phrased it, "he's managing the game well."

Check out Henne's numbers over their three-game winning streak...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">57 of 99 (57.6%) for 551 yards (5.6 YPA), 4 TDs and 1 INT for a 82.5 qb rating. He also has 7 rushes for 36 yards (5.1 ypc).

That's not too shabby, although his YPA seriously has to improve.

Quote:They did try a field goal on 4th and 6, but we had 12 men on the field, so it became 4th and 1. From there the Texans got a first down that led to a touchdown.

You're talking about a completely different series.  

Play-by-play:

1st and 10 at HOU 20
(Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short right to G.Graham to HST 26 for 6 yards (J.Cyprien).<span>
<span> </span></span>
2nd and 4 at HOU 26
(No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short right to D.Hopkins to HST 40 for 14 yards (D.Gratz).<span>
<span> </span></span>
1st and 10 at HOU 40
(No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to K.Martin to HST 43 for 3 yards (M.Harris).<span>
<span> </span></span>
2nd and 7 at HOU 43
(No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short left to A.Johnson to JAX 46 for 11 yards (A.Ball).<span>
<span> </span></span>
1st and 10 at JAX 46
(No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete short left to G.Graham.<span>
<span> </span></span>
2nd and 10 at JAX 46
(Shotgun) M.Schaub scrambles up the middle to JAX 39 for 7 yards.<span>
<span> </span></span>
3rd and 3 at JAX 39
(Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short right to A.Johnson to JAX 33 for 6 yards (D.Gratz).<span>
<span> </span></span>
1st and 10 at JAX 33
(Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete deep left to D.Hopkins.<span>
<span> </span></span>
2nd and 10 at JAX 33
(Shotgun) M.Schaub sacked at JAX 43 for -10 yards (A.Branch).<span>
<span> </span></span>
3rd and 20 at JAX 43
(Shotgun) M.Schaub pass deep left to A.Johnson to JAX 21 for 22 yards (W.Guy).<span>
<span> </span></span>
1st and 10 at JAX 21
(Shotgun) B.Tate left end to JAX 12 for 9 yards (T.Alualu).<span>
<span> </span></span>
2nd and 1 at JAX 12
M.Schaub pass incomplete short right to G.Jones.<span>
<span> </span></span>
3rd and 1 at JAX 12
B.Tate right end to JAX 13 for -1 yards (P.Posluszny).<span>
<span> </span></span>
Timeout #1 by HST at 03:45.
<span>
</span>
4th and 2 at JAX 13
(Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete short right to A.Johnson.

Quote:He was looking at the post behind Hayes. He looked off Hayes towards the receiver underneath and thought Hayes was biting, which he wasn't. It looked a lot uglier than it actually was.

Exactly, it was very similar to their earlier TD play where the safety bit on the underneath route and Graham was open in the back. Hayes didn't bite and it was bang, bang, ball game. Great job by Hayes to bait Schaub.
Pages: 1 2