Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lets give proper credit and keep prespective on things tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Henne is Jekyll and Hyde, Don't ever think he is good enough to pause the search for our next great QB. Marcedis Lewis will continue to wow and drop from here on out with a 6 mill salary. MJD has still lost a step.

But lets give proper credit. Esspecially to one Gus Bradley. He is winning with players whom more than 30% of will be out of the league in a couple of years or barely holding onto backup status. He has rallied a bunch of rejects into believing they can still win. Just imagine what this man can accomplish with a NFL caliber roster. Its going to be special. Knowing this, Is worth losing a top 10 pick

Austin Paztor - Holy crap. He completely owned JJ Watt for the most part anytime Watt dared stray to his part of town. Lock this man up for a few years, we got our tackles.

Ace Sanders - He is what we imagined Mike Thomas to be. He is what we thought Denard Robinson would be. This man may not be a king but rather a jack of all trades. That throw to Todman has me believing he needs more packages involving an option to run or throw dependng on broken coverages

Ryan Davis/Andre Branch - Both scrubs that are playing their hearts out and its finally showing on gameday. Andre Branch could quite be Bradley's crowning achievement if he continues to get better.

Ball/Blackmon/Cyprien/Evans/Gratz - This group is simply a testament to David Caldwell for blowing up an entire group and bringing in serious FA's and drafting a couple of promising rookies. Blackmon and Ball are looking to completely revive their careers and the rookies are making Caldwell look very...very good. The group just needs to cut out the 2-3 busted coverage plays a game.

Maybe tonight is the start of Jacksonville falling back in love with the Jaguars. Maybe in 4-5 years, We will look on this night as the beginning of our ascension to greatness.

I think our coaching is really showing through. We don't have superstar talent anywhere on this team and if there ever was they aren't the same. I think we have some players that can become pretty good but lack the high octane offense and QB eating D.

I give credit to DJ Swearenger.

I am sold on Gus. It is remarkable what he's done so far. With good players, this team will be set for a long time.

I watched DJ get swearengered at on the sideline by Kubiak....

They started lining up JJ watt against Rackley.
The upcoming draft just keeps getting more interesting!

For one, we have no clue now where we are going to pick. Secondly, we have no clue who will even be available when we do pick! Although the wins may seem meaningless, look at the Seahawks. They did get lucky with Wilson but they started winning before he got there (Saints playoff game) and then once they got him they were a lock.

Anthony Barr/Clowney/Ebron (if we end up around 10th)

Paztor played a heck of a game. I'm gonna rewatch it today and learn some more.

Let's not worry about perspective, let's leave that to the offseason. Right now we are twice as good as we were last year, that's all that matters at this moment.

The credit belongs to my superior fan support at the game.  I'm talking like a frog this morning.  And everyone knows frogs talk funny.

Quote:The credit belongs to my superior fan support at the game.  I'm talking like a frog this morning.  And everyone knows frogs talk funny.

I have no voice here at work today. I have been drinking hot tea to sooth my vocal cords. 

:thanks: To the guy in tailgaters lot for passing around moonshine during tailgating. I took a shot and im still sleepy/grouchy.

I love the home Thursday, and Monday night games, but HATE the next morning after. Sick
Quote:Henne is Jekyll and Hyde, Don't ever think he is good enough to pause the search for our next great QB. Marcedis Lewis will continue to wow and drop from here on out with a 6 mill salary. MJD has still lost a step.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Henne is what he is. I really feel like Fisch is pulling out every trick he knows to try and "hide" his QB's weaknesses.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">I have no idea what you're trying to say about Lewis. Is it that he is going to have good plays and bad plays? Is his play going to regress?

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">One of the few things that I've agreed with Vic Ketchman about is his refined assessment of Jones-Drew; he's a pounder. He's not a scatback, make-you-miss-in-the-gap kind of RB. He pounds folks. I agree that he's lost a step, but you don't roll up 100+ yards in the NFL if you're ineffective. Dude can still contribute to the team's performance.

But lets give proper credit. Esspecially to one Gus Bradley. He is winning with players whom more than 30% of will be out of the league in a couple of years or barely holding onto backup status. He has rallied a bunch of rejects into believing they can still win. Just imagine what this man can accomplish with a NFL caliber roster. Its going to be special. Knowing this, Is worth losing a top 10 pick.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">I love seeing a Head Coach with Bradley's "positive" demeanor see success. In my opinion, the League needs more of this. There are too many examples of these grumpy men on the sidelines who look like they are trying to figure out who just released the latest butt-gas bomb. Not only that, but it really trickles down through the sport. You don't have to yell and scream to get results, but you do need to have accountability.

Austin Paztor - Holy crap. He completely owned JJ Watt for the most part anytime Watt dared stray to his part of town. Lock this man up for a few years, we got our tackles.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Yup! Love that guy.

Ace Sanders - He is what we imagined Mike Thomas to be. He is what we thought Denard Robinson would be. This man may not be a king but rather a jack of all trades. That throw to Todman has me believing he needs more packages involving an option to run or throw dependng on broken coverages.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">There's a reason Sanders was selected before Robinson and we're seeing it now. The man has quicks and I'm starting to think that he's really just a "football player", one of those guys who understands what the sport/game needs and how he can fit in. It's going to be a lot of fun watching him these next few seasons.

Ryan Davis/Andre Branch - Both scrubs that are playing their hearts out and its finally showing on gameday. Andre Branch could quite be Bradley's crowning achievement if he continues to get better.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Maybe they aren't scrubs and they are just players who needed time, attention, and reps to develop? No football player is perfect and no football player is ready to go right out of the box into the NFL. Humans need time to develop their skills and we're seeing that. If anything, Branch and Davis show us, the fanbase, that we need to have patience longer than just a season and a half. Let the young guys grow, and then make judgements on them.

Ball/Blackmon/Cyprien/Evans/Gratz - This group is simply a testament to David Caldwell for blowing up an entire group and bringing in serious FA's and drafting a couple of promising rookies. Blackmon and Ball are looking to completely revive their careers and the rookies are making Caldwell look very...very good. The group just needs to cut out the 2-3 busted coverage plays a game.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">They ain't there yet, and they have a ways to go, but you have to love how pretty much the whole secondary looks "locked up" for the forseeable future. One guy that I would add to your list is Mike Harris. All in all, the secondary seems like a whole lot less of a concern than it did a few months ago.

Maybe tonight is the start of Jacksonville falling back in love with the Jaguars. Maybe in 4-5 years, We will look on this night as the beginning of our ascension to greatness.

Man, I really enjoyed watching this team play last night. It's really fun to watch these guys!
Quote:Paztor played a heck of a game. I'm gonna rewatch it today and learn some more.

If you got time make sure you post a little write up with your observations!
Quote:If you got time make sure you post a little write up with your observations!
I'll see what I can do. Smile
Yes, I agree about Paztor!  I thought he held his own - at the least - which is saying something, considering who he was guarding.

To clarify, I meant Lewis would be wowing us and then drop the next ball. Hes just as bad as Henne when it comes to being Jekyll and Hyde.

and very good point about the home crowd. They really did step it up.