Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Will the Texans accuse the Jaguars of cheating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I think they might, especially since there is no way that a pre-season superbowl contender could end up being swept by one of the worst teams in the last 25 years. The Texans will cry: "What Sorcery is this!?", but the Jags will just say: "Kubiak".

Takes a speical kind of cheating for a 2-11 ream to lose to a "less talented team" twice in one year..Houston may want to drink a cup of you know what!

To win against the Houston Texans is an embarrassment.
To have to ensure the win in the 4th quarter against the texans is an embarrassment...

And yet, I've always heard that a win is a win is a win...

Quote:"What Sorcery is this!?"
[Image: caliginous_cauldron_270x310.jpg]

gus juice
Just came back from the Texans board. Somebody over there just said that they should finish off the rest of the season with the wildcat.
No witchery, but there is a broom involved.

Oh yeah.

Antonio Smith stated in a video that the refs were helping the jags out. So another one of his excuses.

Quote:Just came back from the Texans board. Somebody over there just said that they should finish off the rest of the season with the wildcat.

ESPN (or NFL Network) has them as the first team officially eliminated from playoffs...
Quote:Antonio Smith stated in a video that the refs were helping the jags out. 

With some of those penalties last night, I am inclined to agree. 

But it doesn't matter. The Jags have been on the wrong end of those before so this is just evening the score. Officials are always inconsistent. Its never going to change. 
Quote:With some of those penalties last night, I am inclined to agree. 

But it doesn't matter. The Jags have been on the wrong end of those before so this is just evening the score. Officials are always inconsistent. Its never going to change.

Which ones do you think were "helping us out"?
Quote:Which ones do you think were "helping us out"?

Without going back and reviewing I probably couldn't give you a specific one, I just remember on a few of the pass plays that were called interference I remember saying to the people next to me at the sportsbar, "wow, we got a favorable call there"....I think I also added "about time we get the benefit of these"....so I am aware that we've had games in which we have been screwed by the refs too. As said, the refs usually are pretty inconsistent, leaguewide. 
The tin horns and their fans should be the last folks complaining about penalties. They were draggin' on my boy Cecil Trunks all night.

Quote:No witchery, but there is a broom involved.

Oh yeah.
[Image: Daniele_zing.gif]
Quote:Without going back and reviewing I probably couldn't give you a specific one, I just remember on a few of the pass plays that were called interference I remember saying to the people next to me at the sportsbar, "wow, we got a favorable call there"....I think I also added "about time we get the benefit of these"....so I am aware that we've had games in which we have been screwed by the refs too. As said, the refs usually are pretty inconsistent, leaguewide. 

Silly rabbit.  Don't you know?  The Texans were paying the refs hush money to tank the game.
Quote:Silly rabbit.  Don't you know?  The Texans were paying the refs hush money to tank the game.
You've been droppin' hints all over the board tonight about hush money.. Need to tell us all something? 
Quote:You've been droppin' hints all over the board tonight about hush money.. Need to tell us all something? 

I'm just echoing TMD's assertion that team owners give GMs and coaches financial incentives to tank.  I've noticed that TMD has kind of distanced himself from it so I'm having a little fun.  I'm sure he'll double down soon.
Quote:I'm just echoing TMD's assertion that team owners give GMs and coaches financial incentives to tank.  I've noticed that TMD has kind of distanced himself from it so I'm having a little fun.  I'm sure he'll double down soon.
Ah.. Maybe I should start reading his posts again.. Maybe..
Quote:Ah.. Maybe I should start reading his posts again.. Maybe..

Come on, now.  You know the obvious answer to that.   Smile
Quote:I think they might, especially since there is no way that a pre-season superbowl contender could end up being swept by one of the worst teams in the last 25 years. The Texans will cry: "What Sorcery is this!?", but the Jags will just say: "Kubiak".

To be fair, we sulked for years after being humiliated by the Tennessee Titans in 1999.