Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: MJD Wants to Return... Says Agent Will Get It Done
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good news indeed.

I'll gladly take Blackmon's suspension money and put that toward someone who cares
Like I've said before, if he recognizes his role moving forward, there's a deal to be had.
Quote:I'll gladly take Blackmon's suspension money and put that toward someone who cares

Suspension money goes to charity.
I think MJD knows that this is a team on the rise and he wants to be a part of it. Think he really likes the coaching staff.
Quote:Suspension money goes to charity.
Does charity work against our cap?
Quote:I think MJD knows that this is a team on the rise and he wants to be a part of it. Think he really likes the coaching staff.

Hearing him talk about them...it really seems he does. It doesn't sound like he's just trying to "say" the right things...
I really hope he stays.

I think he could be a real asset to the team on the field and to the marketing folks selling tickets if he doesn't get too greedy.  I'll just trust Caldwell and company to find that "fence" number that makes it worth keeping  him around.  It would be pretty cool to us homers to see him stick for 2 more years as this new regime starts to build something.

If he keeps flirting with 120 yds - all purpose as we close out the year - I say offer him up 2.5 mil per year with incentives to make a bit more should he really return to form. 

With Joeckel and an upgraded interior line - he really could be a weapon again. 

As long as it's a reasonable salary demand there should be no problem.  Could even be incentive based

I think he realizes the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I'm pretty sure he's had a few conversations about that with his good friend Greg Jones and his new team the Houston Texans.
Quote:I think MJD knows that this is a team on the rise and he wants to be a part of it. Think he really likes the coaching staff.

It's yet another advantage of the benefits of winning instead of tanking.
We need him for a couple more years to take the pressure off our rookie QB and to teach our future RB(s). We don't want to make a desperation move and give up a 1st for an underwhelming injuryprone RB.
Quote:Does charity work against our cap?

Yes. But that's why Blackmon's contract has provisions which mean the team can recoup some money in case of a suspension.

I remember people giving Gene Smith flak for not agreeing to drop those provisions and not signing Blackmon fast enough.
Quote:Yes. But that's why Blackmon's contract has provisions which mean the team can recoup some money in case of a suspension.

I remember people giving Gene Smith flak for not agreeing to drop those provisions and not signing Blackmon fast enough.
Well it was pretty silly of Gene. Trade up to draft a WR 5th overall then say I don't trust you lol
I'd be happy to see him retire a Jaguar.
Let's just hope his MRI is clear from any injury to that hamstring.

Many people turned on MJD during the holdout.  I just want to say to those people that he really deserves nothing but our gratitude for the good years he has given us.  Last night in the interview he said all the right things when he could have easily been a jerk.

MJD is saying all the right things, he isn't stupid. If a desperate franchise offers him more money, he is gone.

Pages: 1 2 3