Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bradley comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Did anyone catch Gus' comments that he is holding back jedd regarding creative play calling? Two gimmick plays for a td in back to back weeks is giving me reason to believe in jedd. I really had no hope for in to begin thr season but we're scoring points with marginal NFL talent.
He is definitely getting the most of the talent we have on the field.
Haha. These creative plays definitely remind of plays that would only be called in college. Sanders TD pass may be my favorite play this season
Jedd Fisch maybe the most improved guy since the bye week

Quote:Did anyone catch Gus' comments that he is holding back jedd regarding creative play calling? Two gimmick plays for a td in back to back weeks is giving me reason to believe in jedd. I really had no hope for in to begin thr season but we're scoring points with marginal NFL talent.

It's only good if it works.
Quote:Jedd Fisch maybe the most improved guy since the bye week

It's because he got the whole week off.
This is true but I attribute it also to lack of a traditional passing attack. I like the aggressiveness and nothing to lose mentality but we can't rely on that to have any big-time success but I say if we got young guys that can pull that kind of stuff off may as well try it. Henne cooled off significantly to the point of no hope on offense to win the game.

Quote:Haha. These creative plays definitely remind of plays that would only be called in college. Sanders TD pass may be my favorite play this season

How can you love that one more than Paul Posluszny's pick 6 in Denver and Will Blackmon's fumble touchdown, which won the game for us?
Quote:How can you love that one more than Paul Posluszny's pick 6 in Denver and Will Blackmon's fumble touchdown, which won the game for us?
Henne pitches to a middle-rd rookie WR who passes a TD to a UDFA against the wretched Texans. It's a trifecta of players who should not be expected to be touching the ball, but they're winning the game
Quote:Jedd Fisch maybe the most improved guy since the bye week
I disagree.  I support your sentiment - but I stick to my comments heretofore - stating that Fisch has had to limit his playbook installation due to Qb issues, O-line issues and new blocking scheme problems.   

We are seeing the very beginning of what this cat has up his sleeve IMO.  Yes - some of it is "nothing to lose - catch 'em off guard" stuff at this particular point in this season - but I think this guy's scheme is potent once the right pieces are in place.  

Did ANYONE see a slot receiver pass to the #2 RB coming last night???    :no:
Bradley on the offensive line:  

Quote: 

“It takes time. Sometimes it takes seven, eight or nine weeks for the offensive line. We run zone schemes and gap schemes. Some teams run one or the other, but we’re trying to do both. We knew it was going to take some time, but we felt like the benefit of having both schemes eventually would help us.”

When did Gus Bradley say that?

Quote:I disagree.  I support your sentiment - but I stick to my comments heretofore - stating that Fisch has had to limit his playbook installation due to Qb issues, O-line issues and new blocking scheme problems.   

We are seeing the very beginning of what this cat has up his sleeve IMO.  Yes - some of it is "nothing to lose - catch 'em off guard" stuff at this particular point in this season - but I think this guy's scheme is potent once the right pieces are in place.  

Did ANYONE see a slot receiver pass to the #2 RB coming last night???    :no:

I'm confident that not even one person who plays Fantasy Football had Ace Sanders AND Jordan Todman in their starting lineup this week.  That by itself demonstrates how unpredictable the play call was.
It was absolutely insane. You are going to send your backup RB downfield to catch a 22 yarder from a backup WR?

I don't think anyone thought beforehand Todman could make that catch. Much less Sanders putting it on the money.

Quote:I'm confident that not even one person who plays Fantasy Football had Ace Sanders AND Jordan Todman in their starting lineup this week.  That by itself demonstrates how unpredictable the play call was.

If I played fantasy football, they sure would not be on my roster. I did not even know where this Jordan Todman guy came from before I heard "undrafted free agent."

I am beginning to think Todman is this year's Mike Brewster now that I have heard that. Was he supposed to be drafted in April?
It's like Denard Robinson plays without Denard Robinson.

Quote:It's only good if it works.

A common misconception.

It's good if it works often enough that it's worth the risk for the potential reward. No play is a 100% guarantee, and the clueless will always judge solely on results. Let them - it's worth rolling the dice even knowing that sometimes it won't pay off.

It's good if it doesn't work but it forces the other side to account for that sort of play happening again, opening up opportunities for your team or limiting the opposition's options.

There are plenty of reasons a play like that can be good even if it doesn't happen to work that particular time.
For someone who is so active in here you're pretty clueless. Todman was a sixth round pick in the 2011 draft by San Diego. I saw him play a few times in college. He was a standout player at UCONN.

Jedd Fisch seems to be turning it around. I like the hire.  He's making something out of nothing.

Quote:  I'm confident that not even one person who plays Fantasy Football had Ace Sanders AND Jordan Todman in their starting lineup this week.  That by itself demonstrates how unpredictable the play call was.
believe it or not I started Ace Sanders in my fantasy playoff game lol. Even though he had a TD he only got me 8. I started him over Hopkins who got 7 and nelson and ruben randle. Yeah I don't know how I'm in the playoffs with those receivers either.
Pages: 1 2 3