Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Did we crown the offense to fast?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With alltthe success from the 2015 season, the belief for most is, that success would carry over to this season.Sadly it hasnt.. Did we overlook the flaws, the offense had last year and just look at the numbers? Blake is still the same pick six Blake.. Arob just doesnt look like he have the speed to get seperation, and he lacks the physicality you need to play Wr.. Hurns is a drop machine.. Yeldon is soft i can tackle him, he has poor vision.. I can go on and on... The point is these are the same players from last year, did we crown them to fast?
Is the tin man's ding dong made out of metal?

Of course we crowned them too fast. The whole NFL did. Some are paying the price for being complacent in the offseason.
If a guy catches a TD, we want to lock him up before any other team is interested in him.

Quote:With alltthe success from the 2015 season, the belief for most is, that success would carry over to this season.Sadly it hasnt.. Did we overlook the flaws, the offense had last year and just look at the numbers? Blake is still the same pick six Blake.. Arob just doesnt look like he have the speed to get seperation, and he lacks the physicality you need to play Wr.. Hurns is a drop machine.. Yeldon is soft i can tackle him, he has poor vision.. I can go on and on... The point is these are the same players from last year, did we crown them to fast?

YES we did, and sorry to be "that guy", but my eyes told me this last year. But I was labeled the negative Nancy naysayer. Man did I want to be wrong, but unfortunately this time -- I wasn't. Big misses by the franchise, starting with BB5, our franchise qb who has never thrown anything that with any consistency resembles an NFL ball and can't read the field. And for what it's worth, I feel sorry for him each week, he's in a can't succeed position -- he doesn't have the prerequisite personal tools, and has all the pressure and unattainable expectations of the entire fanbase on him.
Clearly, most of us had too much confidence in the quarterback.  I also had more confidence in the ability to run behind Linder/Cann/Parnell on the right side. 

It looked like that side of the line with help from Lewis' blocking and an Ivory/Yeldon tandem would yield a much better YPC average.  Didn't happen:/

And of course, Bortles' already shaky accuracy fell off of the highest of cliffs and disintegrated into dust particles in the canyon below. 

Somewhere Dennis Green has words about last year's team.  The garbage time production certainly was overvalued.  

Can we talk about crowning the Allens way too early as well? Those were arguable the 2 most hyped players going into this year, and especially Robinson looks pedestrian out there.
Quote:Can we talk about crowning the Allens way too early as well? Those were arguable the 2 most hyped players going into this year, and especially Robinson looks pedestrian out there.

I think they also might have benefited from the garbage time coverage they saw half of the time last season.  Beating press coverage isn't a real strength for either player.  I'm in the minority that thinks this team needs to acquire a true #1 WR that can actually get separation and isn't a jump ball only guy.  
we crowned blake too fast
Don't look at the totals, look at the rates. There was nothing worth crowning last year, as I've been saying for almost a year now. 

Quote:Don't look at the totals, look at the rates. There was nothing worth crowning last year, as I've been saying for almost a year now.

What validation are you seeking by being the "told you so" and "I was first" guy?
We crowned Bortles too fast. Bad qb play makes the entire offense look bad, and makes a defense'S gameplan simple. I blame Bortles and the coaching staff for the overall regression of the offense.

Put a fork in Bortles. He's done.
Quote:What validation are you seeking by being the "told you so" and "I was first" guy?
Not so much "I was first", because I wasn't. Moreso that the truth was in front of us a long time ago but people willfully ignored the facts that mattered. 
Quote:Not so much "I was first", because I wasn't. Moreso that the truth was in front of us a long time ago but people willfully ignored the facts that mattered.

See that sounds much better than your usual "told you so" manner.
The offense broke team records last year with a bunch of young guys, you expect them to get better, but when you have crap coaching they regress

New coaching will get the best out of them

People keep bringing up garbage time, so tell why is isnt it other so called bad players doing what we did last year every year? I dont see crap QBs throw for 35 tds 4400 and these teams with two 1,000 yard WRs and over 10 tds

It comes down to bad coaching, young players suppose to get better not go the other way

A hungry and thirsty person will think even a morsel of a meal is awesome!  With the absolute train wreck of a head coach, I don't know what to think anymore.

Quote:The offense broke team records last year with a bunch of young guys, you expect them to get better, but when you have crap coaching they regress

New coaching will get the best out of them

People keep bringing up garbage time, so tell why is isnt it other so called bad players doing what we did last year every year? I dont see crap QBs throw for 35 tds 4400 and these teams with two 1,000 yard WRs and over 10 tds

It comes down to bad coaching, young players suppose to get better not go the other way

I mean other teams dont lose as much as the Jaguars... Lol.. Well Cleveland do but they are joke.. Its not just on the coach... Its on Bortles, the O-line, A-Rob, Hurns, Yeldon, Julius Thomas,Lee.. To all put in the effort to make this offense great. To take it to the next level, and i dont believe they attempted to accomplish that goal.. And it shows...
What crown?

Our receivers are fine. Our QB is just trash and our RB is even worse.
Quote:With alltthe success from the 2015 season, the belief for most is, that success would carry over to this season.Sadly it hasnt.. Did we overlook the flaws, the offense had last year and just look at the numbers? Blake is still the same pick six Blake.. Arob just doesnt look like he have the speed to get seperation, and he lacks the physicality you need to play Wr.. Hurns is a drop machine.. Yeldon is soft i can tackle him, he has poor vision.. I can go on and on... The point is these are the same players from last year, did we crown them to fast?
Dude, Yeldon is beyond terrible.  A 31 year old MJD would get us a 100 yards every week.
Pages: 1 2