Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Henne is horrible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And we're still winning inspite of him. Got me excited for the future. Pretty sure we can find a QB in the draft or Free Agency that's better. First time in awhile I've been excited about this team (during the season).
THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.

Solid back-up for us.

Quote:Solid back-up for us.

This. I don't hate him as a back-up, I just don't want him starting.
Quote:THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.
it's the least I can do.
12-27 for 117 yards. This was for the entire game not just half time.
He was having his best day as a pro until halfway through the 2nd quarter. Not much happened after that except a missed opportunity to Cecil. Several chances to win the game on offense and he'd either throw it too far out of bounds or throw it in the dirt when the guy is open. This late run we're on may keep him around but he isn't a franchise QB. 

And Jedd Fisch is looking like a genius right now.
Quote:He was having his best day as a pro until halfway through the 2nd quarter. Not much happened after that except a missed opportunity to Cecil. Several chances to win the game on offense and he'd either throw it too far out of bounds or throw it in the dirt when the guy is open. This late run we're on may keep him around but he isn't a franchise QB.
aww man I was so pissed when he missed Cecil. Couldn't have been more open.
I just hope he stays healthy. I never want to see Gabbert again.
Quote:I just hope he stays healthy. I never want to see Gabbert again.
truth
Quote:I just hope he stays healthy. I never want to see Gabbert again.
wait sarcasm? Just wouldn't be you if it wasent
Henne was bailed out by penalties and huge defensive plays. He did nothing productive after the first quarter.
Henne was off tonight but he did show off his wheels
Henne is a solid backup, and can teach a young QB. I think we should keep him!

The biggest mistake Chad Henne made in this game was taking the sack late in the 2nd QTR.   If not for the MJD run that followed,  it would have cost the Jaguars a FG at the end of the 1st half after the Texans gave them a gift with the taunting penalty.

Otherwise,  while Henne clearly is better suited to being a backup QB,  arguably the difference in the game was Henne protected the football.   The Texans QB's didn't.  At least Henne gave his teammates a chance to win the game,  which they did. 

Henne.  What can one say?   He a'int special - but I'll be danged if he hasn't shown us some heart the past few weeks!!  

He made more mistakes than anyone would deem acceptable tonight - but he also made a few nice plays.  I think he'd be a grey back-up for us next year if the price is right.  

Quote:Henne.  What can one say?   He a'int special - but I'll be danged if he hasn't shown us some heart the past few weeks!!  

He made more mistakes than anyone would deem acceptable tonight - but he also made a few nice plays.  I think he'd be a grey back-up for us next year if the price is right.  
I was thinking he would be more of a purple backup but I guess you're entitled to your opinion.
He will be a great mentor for me.
Quote:He will be a great mentor for me.
Perhaps but I think Flynn is the key
Pages: 1 2