Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3/4 of the season over what has the team done?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After 3/4 of the season has been completed the team has 3 wins (2 of which were in the division).  Has the team improved, regressed, or stayed the same?  Do you feel that the team has a better chance now than under Mularkey, how about under Jack Del Rio?

The team was ranked last in the league in Defense and Offense but after a couple of good games this quater, the team now stands at;

25th overall in Defense, last in pass rush with 20 sacks.

remains at 32nd in Offense, last in rushing in the league (suprising) with Mojo but the passing game has improved slightly.

I think Gus Bradley really needs this win to show that imrpovement & team work is occuring and that if he is given another season the team will be much better.

There's no If about it, Gus will be back for another season.

As for how is the team doing, it's a story of two tales. Before the bye and after the bye. The only one anyone should care about right now is after the bye. The team is playing better, the coaching is improved, the play calling is improved, the development is showing, it's coming together faster then most thought.

We need to be smart this off season and this team can compete. The talk of 4-5 year rebuilds is bogus this season alone should prove that.

Quote:I think Gus Bradley really needs this win to show that imrpovement & team work is occuring and that if he is given another season the team will be much better.

Oh yeah? That what's you think?
We've only just begun to see the improvement over the past 4 weeks - so it's not all that clearly defined just yet, IMO.  

- Mallory definitely has a better ST unit than we've seen in a couple years.  

--Yarno has an oddball patchwork O-line starting to click more often than not. 

---The offense put together two of the best drives we've seen in a while last week.  

----The young secondary is still showing their age - but they are also showing encouraging flashes of talent.

-----Across the roster there are waiver-wire players and cheap free agents making plays that contribute positively.

I think the above are all positive signs things are headed the right way.  
If things continue the way they are, I see us competing for a playoff spot next year. That is, if we don't change the roster too much and cut key players. (I do count on us being .500 or above)

The team is showing signs of improvement, after going 0-8 in blowouts to winning 3 of their past 4 games. The players seem to have really started bonding to Bradley's enthusiastic and quirky style. Mularkey never seemed to mesh with the players. I am likely in a minority, but I believe JDR was a decent coach that suffered from very poor personnel thanks to Shack and Gene. I have no doubt that Bradley will be given another season with the team, and further improvement will be witnessed with another offseason of better player personnel.

On a side note, I like some of the learnings through the 12 games this year. I especially like that we finally seem to have a determination that Gabbert and Henne are not the answer, and time to find "the guy". This learning will allow this team to move on and grow.
2014 6+ wins

2015 .500

2016 Playoffs

2017-2019 Dynasty
Quote:2017-2019 Dynasty
[Image: 2728824.jpg]
... proved the GM and Coaching staff may be legit and are able to adjust throughout the season.

2014: QB of the future drafted. Struggles. People say he's scared.  Shad Kahn sells team.

2015: QB of the future struggles.  They say he's still scared. Gets injured.  Chad Henne finished season.

2016: QB of the future struggles.  They say he's still scared. Gets injured.  Chad Henne finishes season.

2017: Jacksonville Jaguars become Orange Park Jaguars.

Quote:2014: QB of the future drafted. Struggles. People say he's scared.  Shad Kahn sells team.

2015: QB of the future struggles.  They say he's still scared. Gets injured.  Chad Henne finished season.

2016: QB of the future struggles.  They say he's still scared. Gets injured.  Chad Henne finishes season.

brilliant.
Quote:2014: QB of the future drafted. Struggles. People say he's scared.  Shad Kahn sells team.

LOL
Quote:After 3/4 of the season has been completed the team has 3 wins (2 of which were in the division).  Has the team improved, regressed, or stayed the same?  Do you feel that the team has a better chance now than under Mularkey, how about under Jack Del Rio?

The team was ranked last in the league in Defense and Offense but after a couple of good games this quater, the team now stands at;

25th overall in Defense, last in pass rush with 20 sacks.

remains at 32nd in Offense, last in rushing in the league (suprising) with Mojo but the passing game has improved slightly.

I think Gus Bradley really needs this win to show that imrpovement & team work is occuring and that if he is given another season the team will be much better.
There is zero chance Bradley's job is at risk.  So, there's no "if he is given another season." 
Quote:There is zero chance Bradley's job is at risk.  So, there's no "if he is given another season." 

I agree...theres about as much chance of Bradley getting fired this offseason as that pile of japanese crap in your sig going more than 5 blocks without breaking down. 

We are improving and still playing with determination. Bradley showing he has full control of locker room. I was down on Mojo last year for holding out and acting a little selfish (just my opinion) but this year he seems to have completely bought into Bradley. There is no reason to think that next season won't be brighter for these guys. I have a feeling Bradley is going to stick around for awhile
Quote:I agree...theres about as much chance of Bradley getting fired this offseason as that pile of japanese crap in your sig going more than 5 blocks without breaking down. 
The fact that my motorcycle has almost 90k miles on it and it has never left me stranded once shows just how weak your attempts at being witty actually are.  Go polish your banana seat on that Schwinn and tell everyone the tassels on the handlebars are super cool. 

I'm sure you think you look super cool riding on the back seat of your buddie's Vespa, but trust me, you don't. 

Quote:The fact that my motorcycle has almost 90k miles on it and it has never left me stranded once shows just how weak your attempts at being witty actually are.  Go polish your banana seat on that Schwinn and tell everyone the tassels on the handlebars are super cool. 

I'm sure you think you look super cool riding on the back seat of your buddie's Vespa, but trust me, you don't. 

Ha, never left you stranded,....says you. You wouldn't admit it...

And methinks the person with the Schwinn you keep mentioning is you. That was your bike when you were younger, tassles, banana seat and all, wasn't it??

My bike when I was younger was a Ross Mt St Helens 18 speed (IIRC). Awesome ride. Wish I still had that today. 

Whats a vespa??

As for motorcycles, I'll take a Triumph or a Buell over that pile of crap above anyday. 

Like putting lipstick on a pig..

Jaguars WON!!!  3 in a row!

The Titans will lose to Denver, putting them at 5-8, the chances of being 2nd overall in the division look good (wont mean much other than pride).