Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bradley vs Coughlin - 4 seasons leading up to their firing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow ... this is so telling.

Bradley has 14 wins and 46 losses in his 4 seasons as the Jags head coach.  He will be gone on January 2, 2017.

In the 4 seasons that lead up to Coughlin's firing, this is what transpired ...

2011 - Super Bowl victory

2012 - 9 wins 7 losses

2013 - 7 wins 9 losses

2014 - 6 wins 10 losses

2015 - 6 wins 10 losses

As you can see, Coughlin had 28 wins and 36 losses in his 4 seasons prior to getting fired by the Giants (after winning 2 Super Bowls with them).

Coughlin had 2x as many wins as Bradley during his down period.  Coughlin's worst seasons were better than Bradley's best seasons.

YOU ASK ABOUT THE REBUILD -- yes, indeed ....  a challenge for Gus

Coughlin took over a very bad Giants team and went 6-10 in year 1.  He then went 11-5 in year 2 and 8-8 in year 3 and made the playoffs in both years.  In year 4 he went 10-6 and won the Super Bowl over the undefeated Patriots.

Nevermind

Coughlin stepped down/resigned in NY.  He was not fired as he was here.

Quote:Why did he only have 13 games in 2013?

My strategy in business and social media is to always insert 1 error into my documents to see if anyone is paying attention.   You, my friend are a very attentive !!!!

.... unfortunately, the only time I regretted inserting an error was with regard to our SEC reporting when I added a 0 to our profit line and was fired for reporting a $10,000,000 profit on $10,000,000 in sales.
Quote:Coughlin stepped down/resigned in NY.  He was not fired as he was here.

Forced Out may be a better term

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footba...-1.2549766
Quote:Coughlin stepped down/resigned in NY. He was not fired as he was here.

He was fired, they just let him step down out of respect.