Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Numb from this crappy team on the field?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I watch the games now and expect to lose.  I expect the team to under peform and always wait for the shoe to drop when this team gets an ounce of momentum.  Time and Time again this team never fails to disappoint.  I am numb to it now and don't even get mad when int's, fumbles, bad throws, horrible catches, stupid play calls, etc happen any more.  It's like it's to be expected.  Anyone else with the same emotions?

Never.  

[Image: 24f987455cb45e3fcc728467f4c673ddc07c24f8...7246c1.jpg]

I certainly wouldn't describe myself as having been emotionally 'numbed' by the pathetic performance of the Jaguars as I'm not that emotionally tied to what amounts to just another form of entertainment. I would say that I've become 'comfortably disconnected' from the Jags; I no longer harbor any positive expectation of them this season. In view of the ineptitude that has been put on display by them, I wouldn't be shocked at all at this point if they finished the season with an impressive 2-14 record.

As a result of far lower expectations from the Jags, I'm not too disturbed by...

*pick sixes

*bobbled passes that turn into interceptions

*a quarterback who's accuracy is best described as 'not being able to hit water if he fell out of a boat'

*a head coach who is better suited to be a cheerleader than a head coach

*a head coach who has the distinction of being one of the all time losing-est coaches in the NFL

*a general manager who has failed to pick both a decent head coach and franchise quarterback

*a general manager who has wasted numerous 1st round picks

and last but not least...

*an owner who has spent millions on everything except a winning football team!

Let's face it; unless you are in some way financially tied to this team or you've been so manipulated that you think you somehow owe allegiance to this pathetic franchise, the Jags simply aren't worth watching, unless you enjoy bad football.

This is obviously all just my opinion. I will enjoy the memory of great Jaguars football from the past... since we've not had much to celebrate about regarding the Jags in the last 9-10 years or so.