Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars vs Texans Loserbowl ll: The Rematch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I think that this might be the first game all year where the Jags are not underdogs coming into the game. It's Thursday night, it's in Jacksonville, and we're 3-1 since the bye, so there are a lot of positives going for us right now.

On the other hand, Houston played a highly competitive game against the Patriots who are one of the top 3 teams in the AFC right now, so you know Houston is going to be real hungry to try and get a win.

Should be a highly competitive game though. I don't think anyone expects another low-scoring, 13-6 affair.

I think that Thursday Night Football will create an atmosphere this young team hasn't seen before and they will be pumped up.  I hope that helps us win.  I am going with the Jags, just because short week, not traveling and the momentum this team has.

I agree the Texans probably will get in the end zone, but t his should not be like the Browns game where we needed a comeback drive to win by four points.

It should be fairly high scoring, i'm going to go with

J
A
G
S

T
EX
ANS

Guts. Glory. Jags.

This time.  It's.  Personal.

Also, up is down, and the winner is the loser.

Part one:    Fistful of Fumbles

Part Two:  For a Few Fumbles More

I think the Jags run the tinhorns into the ground this time around, two teams on two different paths right now.

Looking forward to being loud and proud on Thursday......lol feeling like a 9 year old before Christmas!!

Texans.

I know the momentum the Jags have building, but:

Jags at home, on "primetime," has not been good (or even bearable to watch) for the past couple seasons.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to be wrong. But, the Jags are gonna have to prove to me they can jump those two hurdles (at home, primetime) before I predict them to win.
Quote:Guts. Glory. Jags.

The Rams probably think they should own that slogan because they have the same name as the truck.
Quote:Texans.

I know the momentum the Jags have building, but:

Jags at home, on "primetime," has not been good (or even bearable to watch) for the past couple seasons.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to be wrong. But, the Jags are gonna have to prove to me they can jump those two hurdles (at home, primetime) before I predict them to win.

What od you call our 14-12 win over the Ravens? Wasn't that one played at EverBank Field? I remember it was a Monday night game only two years ago.

All of the blowout losses you are referring to were against the Colts when they had Peyton Manning.
To the OP, the Jags are in fact underdogs. 2.5 I believe.

Quote:What od you call our 14-12 win over the Ravens? Wasn't that one played at EverBank Field? I remember it was a Monday night game only two years ago.

All of the blowout losses you are referring to were against the Colts when they had Peyton Manning.

The last "primetime" games I can remember they played After that Ravens game : Colts last year at home = blowout loss,, Chargers 2 seasons ago at home = blowout loss,, Falcons 2 seasons ago at Atlanta = blowout loss.

Now, home games that weren't "primetime" the past couple seasons have been almost exclusively blowout losses. Yes, they did beat the Titans last year. They have not won at home yet this year.

So, I'll stand firm with waiting to see if the Jags can perform at home, in primetime, without getting beat (possibly bad).

I hope not. I'm rooting Jags all the way. But, I'm predicting Texans.
Quote:All of the blowout losses you are referring to were against the Colts when they had Peyton Manning.
No.

1. Colts game last season was Thursday night.

2. Chargers game 2 seasons ago was Monday night (Gruden raving about Tebow, yuk)

3. Falcons game 2 seasons ago was Thursday night, I believe. Maybe Monday night, but it was a blowout loss nonetheless.

All those were way after Manning lighting them up, and, pretty sure they were after the Ravens game.
The Texans will tremble before the superior might of the 3-9 Jaguars
Quote:No.

1. Colts game last season was Thursday night.

2. Chargers game 2 seasons ago was Monday night (Gruden raving about Tebow, yuk)

3. Falcons game 2 seasons ago was Thursday night, I believe. Maybe Monday night, but it was a blowout loss nonetheless.

All those were way after Manning lighting them up, and, pretty sure they were after the Ravens game.

Andrew Luck was very good during his rookie season.

I don't remember a night game against the Chargers.

The Falcons game was on a Thursday night. Remember that year Atlanta was actually a very good team. A blowout loss was to be expected.
Quote:To the OP, the Jags are in fact underdogs. 2.5 I believe.

I actually believe I heard 3 yesterday.  I'm sure it varies depending on the site.
Quote:Part one:    Fistful of Fumbles

Part Two:  For a Few Fumbles More

The quality of posts both joking and football related continues to rise. That actually made me laugh out loud.
Quote:The quality of posts both joking and football related continues to rise. That actually made me laugh out loud.
Ha-Ha. Had to find a way to top "Loserbowl II : The ReMatch"  -  which I thought was pretty funny.  There's gotta' be another bad sequel joke out there.... 
Pages: 1 2