Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: My question on offense is..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a reason we never take deep shots.. I know we do once or twice a game but last year we thrived on the deep ball what is this dink and dunk nonsense?

Highly inaccurate. And Hurns drops the ball nearly every time. 

Blake Bortles regressed. So did some wide receivers.

Bortles will never be an accurate passer in this league. He's gotta be able to make NFL throws that are catchable with decent trajectory. Lob the passes that should be lobbed with some touch and zip passes in windows when zipping is whats required. He just be all over the place. Plus, also!... I thought Henne was the tipped at the line king. I was wrong.
Quote:Bortles will never be an accurate passer in this league. He's gotta be able to make NFL throws that are catchable with decent trajectory. Lob the passes that should be lobbed with some touch and zip passes in windows when zipping is whats required. He just be all over the place. Plus, also!... I thought Henne was the tipped at the line king. I was wrong.
While this is true. The receivers have to fight for the ball and help out like last year.  But even harder.  Did they not think they would be highly studied?  After an amazing last year?

Quote:Bortles will never be an accurate passer in this league. He's gotta be able to make NFL throws that are catchable with decent trajectory. Lob the passes that should be lobbed with some touch and zip passes in windows when zipping is whats required. He just be all over the place. Plus, also!... I thought Henne was the tipped at the line king. I was wrong.

He was very accurate last year. You know that, right? To say he will "never be an accurate passer" means he sucked last year when he threw for 4,428 yards and 35 TDs.

Quote:He was very accurate last year. You know that, right?
Because he was  pressured less.  And the receivers felt had to prove themselves.  After all this top 100 nonsense.  They didn't study enough to continue progress.  And nor did Blake.   They took it easy and now with a top 3 pass defense.  2-10 

Quote:Because he was pressured less. And the receivers felt had to prove themselves. After all this top 100 nonsense. They didn't study enough to continue progress. And nor did Blake. They took it easy and now with a top 3 pass defense.  2-10 

It has nothing to do with the receivers feeling they had to prove themselves. They are simply that talented. Also, Allen Robinson studies more than anyone else. Maybe you missed this quote, which I started a thread about: "When I am done playing, I want to be a coach." So it is something else with him, not lack of studying.
Quote:It has nothing to do with the receivers feeling they had to prove themselves. They are simply that talented. Also, Allen Robinson studies more than anyone else. Maybe you missed this quote, which I started a thread about: "When I am done playing, I want to be a coach." So it is something else with him, not lack of studying.
He is not playing like it nor is hurns.  So what he wants to do and what he is doing is no where close.  I am not sticking up for Blake he is way off.  However when your main options are Walters, Lee, and Sterling.  There is defiantly an issue. 
Quote:He is not playing like it nor is hurns.  So what he wants to do and what he is doing is no where close.  I am not sticking up for Blake he is way off.  However when your main options are Walters, Lee, and Sterling.  There is defiantly an issue. 

Not playing like it does not mean he is not doing it. We don't know what the issue is but I know it is not lack of studying because Robinson said so himself.
Quote:Not playing like it does not mean he is not doing it. We don't know what the issue is but I know it is not lack of studying because Robinson said so himself.
I can say I will buy the Jaguars from Khan tomorrow. But unless I prove it. Don't mean a thing.  And I love Robinson but not close to Jimmy. 
Quote:I can say I will buy the Jaguars from Khan tomorrow. But unless I prove it. Don't mean a thing.  And I love Robinson but not close to Jimmy. 

You cannot say any lie without making me mad. If you don't want me to be mad, tell the truth at all times.
Quote:You cannot say any lie without making me mad. If you don't want me to be mad, tell the truth at all times.
Go watch the broncos. Or who ever your real team is.  Cause to say the game has not changed since Tom was here. Is ludicrous at best.  
Quote:Go watch the Broncos. Or who ever your real team is. Cause to say the game has not changed since Tom was here. Is ludicrous at best.  

The only thing that matters is how much the game changed (very little) since Tom Coughlin's last head coaching job. What it was like during his Jaguars tenure has nothing to do with what he would do there now. The idea that he would coach the same way he did during his first tenure in Jacksonville again is ludicrous.

Quote:The only thing that matters is how much the game changed (very little) since Tom Coughlin's last head coaching job. What it was like during his Jaguars tenure has nothing to do with what he would do there now. The idea that he would coach the same way he did during his first tenure in Jacksonville again is ludicrous.
If you were allowed to hit freely in late 90's and now cant.  It is different.  Also We have zero of the same caliber players (offense) as that time.  We don't even have giants caliber players I mean as far as offense.  So would tom being here have us a playoff caliber team this year?  Absolutely not.  Cause we have no accurate qb on the roster.  Our only half way decent rb is injured.  And have no key tight ends. 

Is that dave's fault?  No.  Because there was no one available.  Other then what we have.  Had to take a flier on Thomas.  Hasn't panned out great.  But still is decent.  Lewis should not be on the roster at all.   Hurns is no where near the same player nor is robinson.  

Is it Gus fault? Yes. Because as bad as we are.  No way should be 2-10.  Tom or any halfway decent coach have us close to rest of division or possibly past them.  However would still get stomped in the playoffs.  Because we can not compete with teams like denver this year. With back up qbs.  Let alone starters same with KC. 

And I will say this about refs they are not on our side. But if that determines every outcome and what we depend on.  We deserve to be 2-10.  

So I would welcome tom.  But still say we are realistically 2-3 years from a Playoff team.  Unless we can get lucky and draft the exact guys we need or get as free agents. 

Our offense being very generous is far off outside of our receiving core.    

Teal, you started your post by repeating the crap I rebutted twice. Why is it so hard to understand how the game was played 20 years ago is irrelevant for a coach who has been unemployed less than a year?

Quote:Teal, you started your post by repeating the crap I rebutted twice. Why is it so hard to understand how the game was played 20 years ago is irrelevant for a coach who has been unemployed less than a year?
Because your expectations are in fact not reasonable.  Blake can't be fixed by better coaching in only one off season.  Nor could Blaine. 
Quote:He was very accurate last year. You know that, right? To say he will "never be an accurate passer" means he sucked last year when he threw for 4,428 yards and 35 TDs.

How'd that translate to wins? It didn't. What you did last year means nothing.
Quote:Is there a reason we never take deep shots.. I know we do once or twice a game but last year we thrived on the deep ball what is this dink and dunk nonsense?

i was at the game yesterday. Receivers were open deep. I think that Blake's confidence is shot. He doesnt have the same swag.
I think it has to do with game planning and managing Blake's erratic play.  This notion that Blake was some great QB last year and that these problems surfaced just this year is false.  Blake cost us several wins last year as he has done this year.  He showed last year an ability to go downfield like we've never see with the Jaguars, but he was just as sloppy in taking care of the football last year as he has been this year.  I think they've tried to help him minimize those mistakes by being more conservative with the game plan in the hopes that some of those mistakes would disappear, but they haven't because Blake hasn't been good.  What we saw last year was an exciting, yet bad, football team on the part of the Jaguars.  What we've seen this year is a somewhat more boring, yet still bad, football team though I think it's clear the defense has gotten better with the talent infusion on that side of the ball.

There's no doubt Gus's time is up here and he shoulders a significant portion of the blame, but if I'm spreading the blame around accordingly and weighting it I'd say Blake is the biggest reason this team is bad right now.  With mediocre QB play, this team is in the thick of the division race and Gus probably isn't gone at the end of the year.  All Blake needs to do to be mediocre is take care of the football better, but it's not as simple as just saying it.

Pages: 1 2