Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gordon made me miss Blackmon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing Gordon reminded me a lot of Blackmon's play. Big, tough, physical WR who can stretch the field. We need his presence on our offense.

Did they ever mention what he was doing to get suspended? Or did they just say he was under the influence? Either way, he needs to stop whatever it is because this Offense will be very dangerous come next season.

Trade Blackmon and our Monroe picks for Gordon
Think our inexperienced secondary finally got exposed. They were looking good for a few weeks
Quote:Think our inexperienced secondary finally got exposed. They were looking good for a few weeks.
Would've been another good performance if we could've shut down Josh Gordon. At least we got those two picks and played solid in other areas of the field.
Quote:Think our inexperienced secondary finally got exposed. They were looking good for a few weeks

Cant really agree with you on this, Gordon just made the plays he was supposed to. The only reception i recall him badly beating somebody was his touchdown against Blackmon (or at least i think that's who it was) and that ball was perfectly placed. Guy was inches away from a pick that wouldve taken away his 95 yard reception. On the first 40 yard reception Gratz was in position to make a play on the ball til he looked to see where the safety was (for some odd reason...) and never recovered afterwards. Gordon burned us bad but i dont think he exposed anything.
Having Blackmon on the field makes Cecil magically better.

Great players have great games.  That secondary still pulled in two picks.

and like Blackmon he's on a very, very short leash. Although his substance abuse seems to be weed and cough syrup.

He's had two violations....another and he's toast like our guy.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...don_n.html

Quote:Did they ever mention what he was doing to get suspended? Or did they just say he was under the influence? Either way, he needs to stop whatever it is because this Offense will be very dangerous come next season.
Gordon was on Texas Tea (codeine cough syrup)
isnt that "sizzurp"?
Quote:isnt that "sizzurp"?

Purple Drank
Yea it sucks Blackmon can't act right. He could be Leet, and he holds himself back. regresses - not PROgresses. Maybe he will come around, but I would think that the Jaguars have to keep moving forward. I hope the best for him. I wish he was active. Not playing isn't helping his exp. We need that number 1 receiver, that Mega-tron type of WR; before we plug in that QB contract. 

I expect Blackmon to be done, but it would be a welcome surprise for him to come back and get his head right. 

Cecil is so much better when Blackmon is in the lineup. 

Quote:Yea it sucks Blackmon can't act right. He could be Leet, and he holds himself back. regresses - not PROgresses. Maybe he will come around, but I would think that the Jaguars have to keep moving forward. I hope the best for him. I wish he was active. Not playing isn't helping his exp. We need that number 1 receiver, that Mega-tron type of WR; before we plug in that QB contract.

Totally agree........Sammy Watkins? if we drop to around #7?
Quote:Did they ever mention what he was doing to get suspended? Or did they just say he was under the influence? Either way, he needs to stop whatever it is because this offense will be very dangerous come next season.

I only heard he is suspended indefinitely, not even the reason for it.
The D still managed to rattle Weeden a few times and create turnovers and get some crucial stops. If we could have limited Josh Gordon to just 100 yards or so and not whiffed on the big plays we could have won this game handily.