Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Could Sanders be our Mike Wallace?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The more and more I see him.  I see a elusive shorter receiver who can catch.     Very explosive and can be lined up everywhere.   With a ultra high ceiling.  

Not even close to the same type of player.

No and they aren't the same type of WR. Sanders has potential to be a long term piece to the puzzle and he should be fun to watch going forward. It will be nice to see this offense with more consistent QB play and Joeckel back on the line. Clay Harbor is intriguing too.
More like Antonio Brown then Mike Wallace.  Quick and Shifty.

I don't think they compare very well  -- but it's exciting to see Sanders getting better in the past couple of games and I like that Fisch is finding new ways to get him the ball.  
Quote:More like Antonio Brown then Mike Wallace.  Quick and Shifty.
Agree, and I would rather have Brown to be honest.
He's more versatile then Wallace. I say he's more like dexter from KC but a better WR.
Quote:I don't think they compare very well  -- but it's exciting to see Sanders getting better in the past couple of games and I like that Fisch is finding new ways to get him the ball.

I've been hard on Fisch for most of the season. He's impressing me more as of late with his play calls and I have to give credit where it's due. He called a good game today from my point of view and things seemed to open up a bit from a play calling standpoint. There were still a couple head scratcher moments but this was his best game of the season in my opinion. Good for him and I hope he keeps it up.
Horrible comparison.

A poor mans Wes Welker

Quote:I've been hard on Fisch for most of the season. He's impressing me more as of late with his play calls and I have to give credit where it's due. He called a good game today from my point of view and things seemed to open up a bit from a play calling standpoint. There were still a couple head scratcher moments but this was his best game of the season in my opinion. Good for him and I hope he keeps it up.
The only thing I don't like is some of the situations in which he elects to run the ball. I like where he's headed with the rest of it.  It's just not fully installed yet.   I was one who stated early on that he had been severely limited with his playbook due to bad O-line play and general lack of talent.  We are finally getting to see him open up the playbook a tiny bit and he obviously has some tricks up his sleeve.  

Long way to go for this offense - but I can see Fisch's playbook working quite well with an upgraded O-line and QB next year.  Blackmon would be serious icing on the cake. Crossing my fingers on that one...
So he's going to play well enough to earn a huge deal and then disappear?

As long as he rips off a different team like Wallace then I don't mind.
Lol what? The two are nothing alike. Awful, awful comparison.
If you want to compare him to another NFL receiver, he's more like Julian Edelman. Not super fast, but quick, shifty, and has great moves in space.

He could become his own style of player ya know?

Have you ever watched Mike Wallace play?

Quote:He could become his own style of player ya know?
I thought the same thing.  No need to compare.  

There aren't that many 5'6"  punt returners who can play the slot and get open on the outside running around out there.  

Ace Sanders could be our version of Ace Sanders.  One of a kind, baby.   One of a kind. 
Ace = Tavon = Percy Harvin Lite

Quote:Ace = Tavon = Percy Harvin Lite

Nah. Tavon is burner and Percy pre injuries was a 4.35 guy. Ace is more of a 4.5 guy.
No /thread
Pages: 1 2