Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The offenses ineptitude today recapped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran  1h1 hour ago

A first for #Jaguars today in Gus Era: Not a single stinkin' snap in the red zone.

ANOTHER BLAKE BORTLES BLUNDER

Bortles was 5-of-21 (23.8 percent) on throws more than five yards downfield, including a pick-six, per ESPN Stats & Info. That's the second-worst completion percentage on such throws by any QB this season (min. 10 att). The worst? Bortles in Week 11 at Detroit (21.4).

<div>Big Cat Country ‏@BigCatCountry  9h9 hours ago

FUN FACT: Blake Bortles has more pick-sixes (11) than career wins (10). #PleaseClap

Mike DiRoccoESPN Staff Writer 
If you had told the Jaguars they would rush for 154 yards and give up only one sack on Sunday they would have expected to win in a rout.

Blake Bortles had a 37.9 quarterback rating, the worst of his career.

<p style="font-family:BentonSans, '-apple-system', Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(108,109,111);"> 

<p style="font-family:BentonSans, '-apple-system', Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(108,109,111);"> 

<p style="font-family:BentonSans, '-apple-system', Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(108,109,111);">And one good silver lining about the defenses progression!

<div>Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye  2h2 hours ago

Jags D has allowed 5 or fewer third down conversions in four of the last five games. Which has made the 7-game losing streak cringe-inducing

</div>

</div>
Maybe the defense should take the offense out back and whoop their [BLEEP]es!

Hey, what the hell. We suck. Have for ten years. Twitter shmucks should be impressed with our ability to suck more, year-after- year, then we did ten years ago.

Rejoice, boy and girls. We suck so hard that we arguably have risen above scrutinaztion ...we have arrived.
Quote:Maybe the defense should take the offense out back and whoop their [BLEEP]es!

You know they want to give Bortles a blanket party. They must hate knowing all their hard work is for not, and they will never score meaningful points to take a lead.
You would think practicing against the #3 pass defense would help...
Quote:<div>

ANOTHER BLAKE BORTLES BLUNDER

Bortles was 5-of-21 (23.8 percent) on throws more than five yards downfield, including a pick-six, per ESPN Stats & Info. That's the second-worst completion percentage on such throws by any QB this season (min. 10 att). The worst? Bortles in Week 11 at Detroit (21.4).

</div>

One related thing that jumped out in the Jaguars-Lions game was the Lions CBs playing like Blake Bortles likely wouldn't beat them deep.  That,  combined with Bortles' mechanical issues led to a lower % of completed passes than would typically be the case.  I'm not sure how much of this related to the shoulder injury Bortles suffered in the 1st QTR of the game.     The Lions also used a Safety as an extra LB often to help with short and intermediate coverage.  
You cant go deep with a innacurate qb and butterfingers wont fight for the ball rather whine about fans receivers. 

Quote:Hey, what the hell. We suck. Have for ten years.
Nine years, thank you very much. We made the playoffs in 2007. 
It's inaccurate bortles, Hurns who is dropping everything, Robinson who is playing hot potato with the ball and Lee who when he can't catch it pushes the ball up in the air like he's setting up a spike in volleyball
One pass play yesterday typifies Bortles' problems. From my seat in the stadium, I watched Marqise Lee run a down and out pattern and was wide open. No defender within 10 yards of him. Bortles lobbed a pass that was at least 20 feet over Lee's head. Lee would have scored with an accurate pass.
It does seem like the offense is setting some new level of ineptitude each game lately.

It's also looking like last years record breaking offensive numbers were just some kind of fluke season.

The offensive regression this year is just mind-numbing and it starts with BB5, although it's not all on him, he is a big part of it.

Quote:One pass play yesterday typifies Bortles' problems. From my seat in the stadium, I watched Marqise Lee run a down and out pattern and was wide open. No defender within 10 yards of him. Bortles lobbed a pass that was at least 20 feet over Lee's head. Lee would have scored with an accurate pass.

That one was REALLY frustrating.

QBs aren't always going to make every pass. However, Bortles misses badly on wide open WRs way too often (if he even spots the wide open guys).
Quote:

And one good silver lining about the defenses progression!

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye'>Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/805605866519089155'>2h2 hours ago</a>

Jags D has allowed 5 or fewer third down conversions in four of the last five games. Which has made the 7-game losing streak cringe-inducing

That is something cool to know. My eyes told me the defense was doing much better on 3rd downs than what people were saying.

Defense ONLY allowing 5 or fewer 3rd down conversions in four of the last 5 games.

Good stuff.
Where's spacecoast?
Quote:You would think practicing against the #3 pass defense would help...

This
This game was ugly.  The defense is ready to take it to the next level, the offense is on the short bus.

We suck so bad that people in the sports media would treat an 8-8 season from us like we won the Super Bowl.
Blake is playing absolutely terrible.

Gus and this coaching staff is quite possibly the worst in football.

Combine those two things and you get a somewhat talented roster that is underachieving a great deal.
Though it's not going to change the Jaguars season,   I think there's the potential for Blake Bortles to benefit from watching a game from the bench.   The vast majority of QBs that are in their 3rd season don't get the opportunity to play in every game when they are having the type of season Bortles is having.

Quote:That is something cool to know. My eyes told me the defense was doing much better on 3rd downs than what people were saying.

Defense ONLY allowing 5 or fewer 3rd down conversions in four of the last 5 games.

Good stuff.

Its because the other team generally gets the first down on second down. So less third downs. I kid. I kid.

Well sort of.

They still have issues stopping a team when really need to.
Pages: 1 2