Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rocksmith 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I just went down to Gamestop today and bought this game for the PS3. Gotta say, it's fun as hell.. Been playing guitar for over 20 years now, so I consider myself a seasoned vet, and playing has always been fun. But believe it or not, this game takes playing guitar to a whole new level.. I've always scoffed at the Guitar Hero games and then I saw a commercial for Rocksmith. You actually use your real electric guitar as the game comes with a Real Tone guitar cable jack/USB cord for direct hook up from your guitar to the PS3 or Xbox.. Highly recommended and tons of fun.. 

Came with a little bit of a hefty price at around 80 bucks, but in my opinion, well worth it Wink

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US...index.aspx

\m/

My step-son has been trying to learn guitar. He's got an acoustic and electric. He's taken a guitar class at school and the rest of his learning has been watching videos online. They say it helps you learn, you've been playing some time now. Would this be good for him you think?
Did they fix the HD lag and the fact you have to tune your guitar for every bloody song?

I was going to get last years version on steam but I was ready about the input lag, so I decided not to, needed to buy a guitar anyways if I did lol. 

Quote:Did they fix the HD lag and the fact you have to tune your guitar for every bloody song?

The only time I have to retune my guitar is when i change from something like a standard E to maybe something like a drop D. Game works awesome.
I saw the 2014 commercial but bought the first one. I am NOT musically inclined but hope this can at least get my foot in the door. Can this help someone like myself?
Quote:I saw the 2014 commercial but bought the first one. I am NOT musically inclined but hope this can at least get my foot in the door. Can this help someone like myself?

YES!! It definitely can.. Consider playing this game as guitar lessons.. This game is really awesome.. Just got over 75% on Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box..

Also currently working on Def Leopard's Pour Some Sugar on Me and Pantera's Cemetary Gates.. If you're a guitar player, spend the 80 and get this game. Best 80 I've ever spent..
Quote:Did they fix the HD lag and the fact you have to tune your guitar for every bloody song?

Plus it helps to keep the same tuning on the songs you play.. Example.. Since Alice in Chains and Nirvana play a lot of Eb drop Db, just play those bands until you're ready to move on with something traditional like a standard E tuning..

Shred away..
Quote: 

Also currently working on Def Leopard's Pour Some Sugar on Me

worst song they ever made, by far and away. 
Quote:worst song they ever made, by far and away.

Regardless, its fun to play it..
Stone by Alice in Chains is another fun one..
Quote:Regardless, its fun to play it..

For Def Leppard, what about Lady Strange, Saturday Night (high N dry), Armageddon it, and White Lightning. They're all more fun to play  than Pour some sugar on me. 
Quote:For Def Leppard, what about Lady Strange, Saturday Night (high N dry), Armageddon it, and White Lightning. They're all more fun to play than Pour some sugar on me.

So you trying to tell me that my opinion is wrong?
Quote:For Def Leppard, what about Lady Strange, Saturday Night (high N dry), Armageddon it, and White Lightning. They're all more fun to play than Pour some sugar on me.

Matter of fact.. You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna play that song over and over and over and maybe your head will pop like those aliens on Mars Attacks..
Quote:So you trying to tell me that my opinion is wrong?

Well, depends.....I can't say your opinions wrong for simply liking something over another....but I will say that other songs Def Leppard have done (such as the ones I mentioned) are more intricate, and ergo more fun to play (guitar) 

Quote:Matter of fact.. You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna play that song over and over and over and maybe your head will pop like those aliens on Mars Attacks..

Might as well....thats also what radio stations did back then until the song was basically unlistenable. 
How can you go through life and be so negative TMD?

Quote:How can you go through life and be so negative TMD?

What was so "negative" about what I said up there? Liking more intricate/ challenging (to play) songs than the one he cited is negative now? 

Pointing out that radio destroyed the song he cited is negative? :ermm: 
Quote:What was so "negative" about what I said up there? Liking more intricate/ challenging (to play) songs than the one he cited is negative now? 

Pointing out that radio destroyed the song he cited is negative? :ermm:
Wallbash
I play bass, never learned guitar. I've been wanting to buy an acoustic guitar for a while now and learn it. Does this this work with acoustic electric guitars?

Quote:I play bass, never learned guitar. I've been wanting to buy an acoustic guitar for a while now and learn it. Does this this work with acoustic electric guitars?

As long as your guitar has a plug in for a 1/4 inch jack, you'll be golden..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6