Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rams extend, and then fire Jeff Fisher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:Fisher has 6 winning seasons in 21 years.

That is news to me. I thought he had a solid run with Titans
Quote:You laugh but the Rams would kill us.

It would be a close game that can go either way, actually. And Jeff Fisher would have to know where his red challenge flag is.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...lenge-flag
Quote:That is news to me. I thought he had a solid run with Titans

Think about the number 21.
Quote:That is news to me. I thought he had a solid run with Titans

Its a bit misleading. From 1999-2009 he only had 3 losing seasons and one of them was a 7-9. Ton of 8-8 seasons.
Quote:Its a bit misleading. From 1999-2009 he only had 3 losing seasons and one of them was a 7-9. Ton of 8-8 seasons.

The only thing that matters now is he has a string of 7-9 seasons and a 6-10 season with the Rams. What he did at Tennessee does not warrant getting a contract extension in Los Angeles.
Even with the contract extension,  which apparently took place well before the Rams season unraveled,   I think barring a strong finish,  Jeff Fisher is going to be fired.  Stan Kroenke's primary goal with the Rams will be selling luxury seats for the inglewood Stadium that's scheduled to open in 2019.   That process might be able to begin this winter,  based on what transpires with the Chargers situation.    With Fisher remaining the HC of the Rams,  it would cut potential sales substantially.    The Rams are in shambles.   

He saved his job by drafting Goff.

Quote:He saved his job by drafting Goff.

Drafting Goff did not help at all until about 2-3 weeks ago.
Quote:Drafting Goff did not help at all until about 2-3 weeks ago.

What I think Thundershow means is Jared Goff will buy Jeff Fisher another year,  because the expectations of going with a bridge QB and a top prospect are usually lower than with an established high quality QB.

Having said that,   I think even Jared Goff isn't going to be enough to save Fisher's job unless the Rams play MUCH better in the remainder of the season.
Quote:What I think Thundershow means is Jared Goff will buy Jeff Fisher another year, because the expectations of going with a bridge QB and a top prospect are usually lower than with an established high quality QB.

Having said that,  I think even Jared Goff isn't going to be enough to save Fisher's job unless the Rams play MUCH better in the remainder of the season.

When a team is trying to sell tickets for a new stadium in a market it abandoned 21 years earlier, they can't be patient for a rookie QB to take his lumps. They have to win now to get their new stadium filled in two years.
Quote:When a team is trying to sell tickets for a new stadium in a market it abandoned 21 years earlier, they can't be patient for a rookie QB to take his lumps. They have to win now to get their new stadium filled in two years.

If the Rams can sell legitimate hope,  they should be able to sell the premium boxes and seats.    With Jeff Fisher,  they are selling anything but hope.   The perception problem for the Rams at this time isn't Jared Goff.  
Quote:If the Rams can sell legitimate hope, they should be able to sell the premium boxes and seats. With Jeff Fisher, they are selling anything but hope. The perception problem for the Rams at this time isn't Jared Goff.  

Same goes for Les Snead. The Rams need to fire both guys.
Quote:Same goes for Les Snead. The Rams need to fire both guys.

It's a valid point.   But to Les Snead's credit,  he did add some high quality players,  led by all world DT Aaron Donald. 
@rapsheet The #Rams announced they have fired Jeff Fisher.
Fisher has been fired according to various sources.
Quote:@rapsheet The #Rams announced they have fired Jeff Fisher.

Snowman gonna flip his gourd over this one.. All hands on deck..
Rams: Here, Jeff.  Have an extension with some more money.

Jeff: Thanks Rams.

Rams: BTW, you're fired.

Extended and then fired.
Welp
Another annoying Jaguar hating analyst on his was to the desk.
Pages: 1 2 3 4