Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus' start cursing & showing emotion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If he stops patting guys on the back saying it will get better.

Bench Bortles, Robinson, and Beachum.

Stop giving pizza parties for player participation.

Stop being the candy man giving out Skittles, M&M's & Snickers to the players who likes him.
Sprinkles days are done!............coming black Monday!
Quote:BCHBUNNIE FOR HEAD CHEERLEADER days are done!............coming black Monday!

He will give all of his players wine as a parting gift.
just cursing and yelling doesnt do anything lol

thats an archaic view on coaching.

this isnt your peewee football team these are grown men they dont need to be cursed at, they need something tangible to believe in.
Quote:just cursing and yelling doesnt do anything lol

thats an archaic view on coaching.

this isnt your peewee football team these are grown men they dont need to be cursed at, they need something tangible to believe in.

That's true, I mean this is what he said to Bortles on the pic 6

"Blakey, don't worry we just have to get better and trust the process".
smart people knew Gus was a failure after 2015.

mods and fools kept defending this failure

they wasted this year

Quote:they wasted this year

An NFL season is a terrible thing to waste.
Quote:smart people knew Gus was a failure after 2015.

mods and fools kept defending this failure

He has the worse win percentage in NFL history.
Quote:If he stops patting guys on the back saying it will get better.

Stop being the candy man giving out Skittles, M&M's & Snickers to the players who likes him.

Wait... What has Beachum done to deserve benching? Dude's been solid... what are you talking about?!

Also, I'm pretty sure the razor blade stare that Robinson gave Bortles in the huddle sums up his lack of production this year. Between errant passes and refs allowing DBs to ride his back all over the field, it's obvious he is beyond frustrated at this point.

And why would u bench Beachum again?? He is far better Joeckel... And did a good job against arguably the best dlineman in the league.. Gus no cares about. His time almost spent..
The time for an attitude shift would have been immediately following the Chargers game, when it was immediately apparent that a talented team had missed the flight to San Diego, and the JV team had accidentally been flown out instead. Maybe after Tennessee, although I'd argue it was too late by then as well. Gus is done. His players know it, his coaches know it, and he knows it. Any last-second personality shift would be ignored by the players, some of whom are trying to get decent tape for the next staff to see, some of whom are showing up, making their token tackle for the day then checking out and keeping themselves healthy for free agency. Even without having seen today's game, it's been pretty easy to tell who still cares and who's just out there for the paycheck.

The guys that still care might still be listening. The growing number of guys who put out a lackluster effort and don't seem to care when the team gets embarrassed (again) won't listen to Gus, and they wouldn't listen to any other interim coach at this point either. The season's over. Had Gus been fired and replaced with Kiffin or Hackett or Marrone or Jaxson DeVille after Tennessee, we might be clawing out way towards 7-9 or 8-8 and legitimate hope for a brighter future. But, we didn't fire Gus, and now we get this. 2-10 from a team that looks like they'd still finish 2-14 even if you spotted them three wins.
Good Lord...the lack of discipline on this team is amazing.  Seeing how many personal fouls we accrue every week, adding 15 yards of field position that can NOT be afforded is infuriating.  I can't blame Telvin for his 'roughing the passer' penalty: that was playing the ball and ticky tack, even though it's in the rules.  But Ellis flying in and nailing the returner as he was going out of bounds?  No discipline.  Robinson mouthing off to the ref and getting an unsportsmanlike penalty? No discipline.  Malik and Jalen getting tossed against Oakland?  No....discipline.  Gus has truly lost this team, but will continue to trot out the "Saw some good things.....trust the process.....good week of practice......got to get better" crap week in and week out.  It's maddening when you can SEE the talent on this team (Top 5 defense, Hurns, Lee, Kelvin, Linder) and this team continues to shoot itself in the foot week in and week out.  Blake has thrown the same amount of pick 6's in his career that Matthew Stafford has....in 4 less years.  He's thrown one less than Phillip Rivers, who was drafted 10 YEARS before Blake.

I'm not slamming the door on Caldwell yet.  He's been pretty astute at drafting people.  I'm not slamming the door on Fowler, because he's essentially a rookie this year.  Jalen has been GOLD.  Lee has finally developed into a reliable receiver. Linder was a great pick up in the 3rd.  Telvin was a monster steal in the 5th.  Yannick is turning into a quality pass rusher.  It's the darn coaching.  How can a team with THIS MUCH talent not be at least a 8 win team?  

I have posted in this extremely high quality thread.

Here's to pizza parties and bchbunnie for being head cheerleader. With sprinkles.
Quote:And why would u bench Beachum again?? He is far better Joeckel... And did a good job against arguably the best dlineman in the league.. Gus no cares about. His time almost spent..

Beachum has had costly penalties this season.

The few times he went up against miller he was pushed back into Bortles
Quote:How can a team with THIS MUCH talent not be at least a 8 win team?  
[Image: 0ap2000000208633_gallery_600.jpg]
Quote:Beachum has had costly penalties this season.

The few times he went up against miller he was pushed back into Bortles

League Leading sack master Von Miller, who recorded zero sacks today.

Yep. Beachum is terrible, cut him now.

He's had a couple of penalties... every offensive lineman does. Dude has been solid.

If you want to start picking apart the the OLine, you HAVE to start with Parnell, who has been terrible (and was the one pushed into Bortles on the fumble), who's had plenty of penalties, and also Cann who has been significantly worse than expected this year.
Quote:Good Lord...the lack of discipline on this team is amazing. Seeing how many personal fouls we accrue every week, adding 15 yards of field position that can NOT be afforded is infuriating. I can't blame Telvin for his 'roughing the passer' penalty: that was playing the ball and ticky tack, even though it's in the rules. But Ellis flying in and nailing the returner as he was going out of bounds? No discipline. Robinson mouthing off to the ref and getting an unsportsmanlike penalty? No discipline. Malik and Jalen getting tossed against Oakland? No....discipline. Gus has truly lost this team, but will continue to trot out the "Saw some good things.....trust the process.....good week of practice......got to get better" crap week in and week out. It's maddening when you can SEE the talent on this team (Top 5 defense, Hurns, Lee, Kelvin, Linder) and this team continues to shoot itself in the foot week in and week out. Blake has thrown the same amount of pick 6's in his career that Matthew Stafford has....in 4 less years. He's thrown one less than Phillip Rivers, who was drafted 10 YEARS before Blake.

I'm not slamming the door on Caldwell yet. He's been pretty astute at drafting people. I'm not slamming the door on Fowler, because he's essentially a rookie this year. Jalen has been GOLD. Lee has finally developed into a reliable receiver. Linder was a great pick up in the 3rd. Telvin was a monster steal in the 5th. Yannick is turning into a quality pass rusher. It's the darn coaching. How can a team with THIS MUCH talent not be at least a 8 win team?

Gus' lack of holding certain position coaches accountable and internal teammates bickering shows me this team on the offensive side has come apart.
Quote:He has the worse win percentage in NFL history.

Wow really?  this is the first I've heard of that~
Quote:Wow really?  this is the first I've heard of that~

Not sure if trolling... or what WAS blissful ignorance...

Either way... Gus sucks.
Pages: 1 2