Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Andre Johnson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is up with his latest contract comments? At the first sign of adversity, he wants out?

Elite receivers on crap teams could learn a lot from a class act like Fitzgerald.

Andre has been on the Texans througb thick and thin and has always been a class act and said he would always be a Texan, even when it was the David Carr and Rosencopter days.

This last stunt Kubiak pulled with pulling the rug out from Keenum was just the straw that broke the camels back. Andre has every right to be pissed, as its now completely apparent the coaching staff never had the interests of the team in mind and are just trying to save themselves. Andre will never say it because he is far too classy, but the team just absolutely bailed on him, and he probably does not want to spend his last couple years languising on yet another Houston rebuild roster.
Quote:Andre has been on the Texans througb thick and thin and has always been a class act and said he would always be a Texan, even when it was the David Carr and Rosencopter days.

This last stunt Kubiak pulled with pulling the rug out from Keenum was just the straw that broke the camels back. Andre has every right to be [BAD WORD REMOVED], as its now completely apparent the coaching staff never had the interests of the team in mind and are just trying to save themselves. Andre will never say it because he is far too classy, but the team just absolutely bailed on him, and he probably does not want to spend his last couple years languising on yet another Houston rebuild roster.
Agreed.
He should keep his mouth shut.

He had his chance a few years ago to play out his contract, leave, and make HUGE money on the open market from whatever team he wanted to go to.

He's the one that chose to stay on one of the worst teams in the league.

Watt and Cushing gave Johnson some of their Roids and now Andre is begining to flip out.

Quote:Watt and Cushing gave Johnson some of their Roids and now Andre is begining to flip out.
[Image: JimmyandKirklaugh_gif-thumb-350x197-17010.gif]
I agree with some on here. He has played through thick and thin. He sees his time winding down and wants a shot at a ring. He's proved he's one of the games best, and that is with average QB play.

Quote:I agree with some on here. He has played through thick and thin. He sees his time winding down and wants a shot at a ring. He's proved he's one of the games best, and that is with average QB play.

Absolutely. That man deserves a shot at a title and his window of opportunity is getting shorter. I don't blame him at all for wanting to leave. 
Quote:Absolutely. That man deserves a shot at a title and his window of opportunity is getting shorter. I don't blame him at all for wanting to leave. 

He's the guy that signed the contract. All these guys have to do is wait for free agency and they can't do it because they're so greedy. He can enjoy spending the last decent years of his career flailing in texas.