Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Special Teams played well today!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know it sometimes gets overlooked, but the Jags Special Teams played really well today. Todman had some really nice returns when he got the ball. Anger probably had one of his best games as a Jag and really kept the Cardinals pinned deep in their own territory most of the game with booming kicks as well as solid directional kicking.  If they can teach Ace to run north/south a little more on his punt returns, we have the makings of a pretty solid ST!!

Ace Sanders had a punt return over 50 yards, so he knows how to run north and south. The Cardinals made doing that again impossible.

I will never understand the "Anger" over picking Bryan. That guy is definitely worth the third round pick.

ST played well.  Defense played well.  Offense went home after the first quarter.

Today's field position(s) were wasted by far. We didn't take advantage of our field position(s)... Nuff Said...

NH3...
Quote:ST played well.  Defense played well.  Offense went home after the first quarter.

Yes to All Three...

NH3...
Quote:I will never understand the "Anger" over picking Bryan. That guy is definitely worth the third round pick.

Aaaawwwwwwwweeeeeeeeee SNAP!!!
If we even have a serviceable offense, we easily win this game. We had multiple drives start in Cardinals territory and got three and out. We had one start in field goal range and had to punt. It was pitiful.

Quote:I will never understand the "Anger" over picking Bryan. That guy is definitely worth the third round pick.

No, no he wasn't. He's a punter.
Quote:Ace Sanders had a punt return over 50 yards, so he knows how to run north and south. The Cardinals made doing that again impossible.

I will never understand the "Anger" over picking Bryan. That guy is definitely worth the third round pick.
He had one good game this season as a 3rd round punter.

He could be the best punter in the history of the NFL and I still wouldnt want to give up a third for him.

I guess it could be worse... we could of drafted Russel Wilson.
Quote:No, no he wasn't. He's a punter.
In all fairness he was projected to go in the 3-4th round. Great game for him.
Quote:In all fairness he was projected to go in the 3-4th round. Great game for him.
Seeing how he was the highest drafted punter since 1995, I highly doubt anyone projected him in the 3rd.
Quote:In all fairness he was projected to go in the 3-4th round. Great game for him.

I don't care where some had him projected. It wasn't a good pick.
Nobody can defend the Anger pick. He could lead the league in punting every year the rest of his career and it will still be a crappy pick.

126jags4life

Quote:He had one good game this season as a 3rd round punter.

He could be the best punter in the history of the NFL and I still wouldnt want to give up a third for him.

I guess it could be worse... we could of drafted Russel Wilson.
Yes - we could have....Smile
Anger has been solid all season. Are people really complaining about the only draft pick in the past 8 years actually living up to his hype?

Would you really rather have had another bust like 90% of the rest of the draft picks?

The way he played today is definitely worth a 3rd round pick. Let's hope he keeps it up.
Quote:Anger has been solid all season. Are people really complaining about the only draft pick in the past 8 years actually living up to his hype?

Would you really rather have had another bust like 90% of the rest of the draft picks?

Just curious. What is it like to smoke crack?

126jags4life

Quote:Yes to All Three...

NH3...
Right again!  LOL How are you NH3?

Yeah for a playoff caliber team looking for an advantage on special teams it may have been appropriate to take him that high. But for a team picking in the top ten of each round with holes all over the roster, it was nothing short of idiotic and nothing Anger does in his career will change that.

126jags4life

Quote:Just curious. What is it like to smoke crack?
It makes you angry...
Pages: 1 2 3