Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cecil Shorts needs just 393 yards to reach 1,000 yds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With 6 games to play. If he stays healthy he needs to average 66 yards per game to get there. However Ace Sanders had 8 catches today, so we will see.
[Image: tumblr_ltjf1iRJ011qzmprzo1_500.gif]

How did Cecil and Ace play? Was only watching on and off. Saw Ace made a couple of shifty moves on screens but I havent seen his 30 yarder yet.

When i was watching Cecil was practically invisible but being covered by Peterson and having Henne throwing the ball dont really make things ideal for a good game. 

How many of them were actually meaningful? 100?

Won't happen Sad

Quote:Won't happen Sad

Especially w/Henne "Not" throwing him the rock...

NH3...
Cecil caught 2 passes for 22 yards.

Ace was the man. He caught 8 passes for 71 yards and make defenders look lost.

Cecil is being outplayed right now.
Quote:Won't happen Sad

Why won't it.
Again with the nonsense?

Last pre season, before the break out, he was being neglected by Henne and a lot of users were saying he was a bust. That wound up being just Henne being Henne and CS3 did his thing in the regular season.

Now Henne is being Henne again but we'll blame the player who had no control over the number of touches he gets.

Makes sense...

-_-
Quote:Cecil caught 2 passes for 22 yards.

Ace was the man. He caught 8 passes for 71 yards and make defenders look lost.

Cecil is being outplayed
I wouldn't say that, Cecil is the primary wr in every play which makes defenders focus him more. He's good but he's not double coverage good, but by him being covered all game it opens up passing lanes for other wrs to take advantage of like Sanders and Brown have.

Shorts needs to hit the 1000 yard mark to stay relevant in my opinion. He simply has to stay healthy too.
Cecil will break 1000 yds this season... thats only 65.5 yards a game... Henne knows where to throw the ball if he want to continue receiving NFL paychecks.

Shorts does struggle with the double coverage. If Cecil wants a big payday with Blackmon being a HUGE question mark, then he must hit the 1000 yard mark. If he hovers around 800 to 900 yards, then he's just a guy.
Quote: If Cecil wants a big payday with Blackmon being a HUGE question mark, then he must hit the 1000 yard mark. If he hovers around 800 to 900 yards, then he's just a guy.
I seriously doubt that any NFL general managers use that ^ equation when they offer contracts to receivers.   They evaluate actual performances - not a particular stat-line. 
Quote:I wouldn't say that, Cecil is the primary wr in every play which makes defenders focus him more. He's good but he's not double coverage good, but by him being covered all game it opens up passing lanes for other wrs to take advantage of like Sanders and Brown have.
One of the few logical posts I've seen about shorts recently

He is a good developing receiver facing double coverage and attention from the leagues best corners his production will suffered but he is certainly more than just a guy regardless of his final tally
Quote:Why won't it.

Because our QBs suck and he's not a #1 receiver. 
Quote:Shorts does struggle with the double coverage. If Cecil wants a big payday with Blackmon being a HUGE question mark, then he must hit the 1000 yard mark. If he hovers around 800 to 900 yards, then he's just a guy.
Last year GB didn't have a 1000 receiver but i dont hear anyone calling them just "A guy"
Quote:One of the few logical posts I've seen about shorts recently

He is a good developing receiver facing double coverage and attention from the leagues best corners his production will suffered but he is certainly more than just a guy regardless of his final tally
Yeah he's developing but he's not being doubled covered on every passing down... the Cards were rolling a safety his way on 3rd downs Sunday to shut him down because he's the only real WR on the team right now...teams don't really have to stack the box to shut down the running game anymore because there is not one...so shutting down Shorts pretty much shuts down the Jags offense...
Shorts struggles so much as the #1 though that I'm not sure we see a 1000 yard receiver this season.