Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Guys...it's time to move on.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

MJD needs to go. 10 games in, and not one single hundred yard game. Maybe we can trade him for a 3rd, or 4th rounder. If we're really lucky we might suck some dumb, gullible team in and trade him for a 2nd. It will be our version of the Herschel Walker trade.

Trade dead line has passed. Its time to let these threads go.
Quote:MJD needs to go. 10 games in, and not one single hundred yard game. Maybe we can trade him for a 3rd, or 4th rounder. If we're really lucky we might suck some dumb, gullible team in and trade him for a 2nd. It will be our version of the Herschel Walker trade.

The trade deadline has passed. Nobody wanted him before it passed either.
I think the odds are getting more and more likely that he'll be a Jag next year....  His performance isn't going to cause alot of demand in free agency.  And I have a good feeling he's gonna come out like gang busters in 2014. 

Well, a passing game would open up the run some. Last week though he had a quickness that just wasn't there today.

Lol. no offense, but even if we could trade him (deadline passed and gone), we would never get that high of a pick. We'd be lucky to get a 7th rounder for him, if it was still possible. He's going to be let go probably at the end of the season. Lewis may get cut, so on, and so forth..

Go JAGS!!

I'd offer him a smidgen more than the vet minimum.  Take it or leave it.

Do you really need to make a thread about this, he is a FA after the season, the OL is terrible he is coming off a major injury, he's not the same player but no need to be trying to run him out of town right now.

Can't get much when you're hit behind the LOS every play. If you watch the few plays where he gets half decent blocking, he's still quick to hit the hole and can run over tacklers.

No it's not.

The time to move on from MJD was about 18 months ago.
When he had trade value.
Quote:Can't get much when you're hit behind the LOS every play. If you watch the few plays where he gets half decent blocking, he's still quick to hit the hole and can run over tacklers.

Ehhh, I don't know about all that. He couldn't get the corner on a D lineman today, and still hits the ground if somebody touches his shoe. Maybe he gets back to form later, but these are the types of things he used to do every time.
Quote:I think the odds are getting more and more likely that he'll be a Jag next year....  His performance isn't going to cause alot of demand in free agency.  And I have a good feeling he's gonna come out like gang busters in 2014. 
I want to believe this, but MJD's days as a primary back do appear to be over, although Jennings looked good again today, so who knows, maybe our offensive line IS just that bad.
Quote:MJD needs to go. 10 games in, and not one single hundred yard game. Maybe we can trade him for a 3rd, or 4th rounder. If we're really lucky we might suck some dumb, gullible team in and trade him for a 2nd. It will be our version of the Herschel Walker trade.

Please share some of whatever koolaid it is that you're drinking. I'd really like some.

As so many have already stated... the trade deadline has passed. And he's a FA once the year ends. So there is absolutely zero opportunity to trade him at this point. Fact, not anyone's opinion.

Even if so, dude... This isn't Madden. Such trades are rare beyond "few and far between." A fourth alone would be awesome, but still extremely optimistic. Anything above that is just dreaming dreams that have no chance of coming to fruition.

That said, he's not helping this season... But he definitely isn't the problem.
I'd like to see a few more seasons from him. The offensive line is terrible and can't make a hole for him at all... The majority of RB's get their speed once they hit the hole, and there's barely any during the game.

MJD gave us 7 very productive years here. Thats rare for a running back. Thank you MJD, your my 2nd favorite jag of all time, but youre now washed.

Sucks to see but no one beats father time. A microfracture knee surgery and a Lisfranc injury is going to derail anyones career 27+ years old. 

I would be very happy with either Seastrunk/Melvin Gordon at the top of the 2nd. But If we go another direction I would understand as well. Its been proved many times you can find a good RB late in the draft, and I bet Caldwell feels he can pull that off. Get a good offensive line and its easier to find a good RB. 

You could put Barry Sanders in his prime behind this line and he would fail.  This line is atrocious at creating running lanes.  Yes MJD has lost a step but the line is just awful
Quote:You could put Barry Sanders in his prime behind this line and he would fail. This line is atrocious at creating running lanes. Yes MJD has lost a step but the line is just awful
This.. We have a trash Oline and worst of all Chad Henne at QB.. And your worrying about MJD!?! Lol ok.
Quote:Can't get much when you're hit behind the LOS every play. If you watch the few plays where he gets half decent blocking, he's still quick to hit the hole and can run over tacklers.

He's not quick, and he doesn't run over tacklers.

Even the things where the OL isn't required, MJD doesn't do those things well anymore. He no longer routinely breaks tackles, effectively stiff-arms, or runs anyone over. He goes down on the first hit most of the time (even from smaller DBs). MJD doesn't even block well.

He's still injured or he's finished. The OL isn't helping him, but he's not doing anything for himself either. He has 140+ carries. Let's not pretend that he couldn't have at least a handful of very good plays. 
Quote:He's not quick, and he doesn't run over tacklers.

Watch Lageman's Film Room of the tacks game. Because he has two plays of MJD running over defenders.
Pages: 1 2 3