Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: now some of the tacks want to tank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.gotitans.com/threads/need-to-...out.89998/

Gaahh..

Does everyone think this is the answer?

Quote:http://www.gotitans.com/threads/need-to-...out.89998/

Gaahh..

Does everyone think this is the answer?
It is becoming an ugly trend. 

Sometimes I miss the good ol days.

[Image: 08-csonka.jpg]

If this guy  ^  suspected his GM and/or coach were tanking purposely he'd likely remove their teeth with his fist.  
Too many people suspect the Colts of sucking for Luck, and have seen the quick turnaround of their gutted roster from 2-14 to top of the division, failing to realize all of the other factors that went in to that success (top young rookie QB prospect, firing of the GM, entire coaching staff, and cutting 75% of the active roster to replace entirely with rookies and young free agents. The collapse of the Texans, mediocre Titans, and rebuilding Jaguars also soften their schedule.)

Fans simply think "Lets suck for (insert QB here), and well be contenders in two years or less, the Colts did it!"
Quote:If this guy  ^  suspected his GM and/or coach were tanking purposely he'd likely remove their teeth with his fist.  

Love the Zonk ...only guy ever flagged for unneccesary roughness by a running back on a tackler!

Said he owed the safety a few favors. :whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SF0RaXR4nI

The problem is the NFL. The NFL decided to make it so that 75% or more of a team's success is dependent on getting a top QB. If the NFL would relieve that problem by going back to the kinds of rules that the NFL became popular on 20 years ago this problem would go away as teams could gain success from a lot of different means.

As it is the NFL is following the path of failure that the NBA did and it only seems it will be getting worse.

Not gonna happen until the spread runs it course.

The game is constantly changing, but even taking that into account the game is cyclical.

You're already starting to see it in college with teams like Stanford taking advantage of player matchups using extra offensive lineman to punish defenders who are a little light in the [BLEEP] but have better coverage skills.

I agree about the rule changes. I think everyone hates them. What I don't understand is why they feel the necessity to slow down the game. This is the professional level, where individuals know what risk they're taking (and are rewarded generously for it. ) they should just give these guys a release statement at the rookie symposium that absolves the shield of any responsibility for physical conditions AFTER football. They get paid well enough to cover any expenses after retirement. Even with league minimum.

Everyone would sign it.
Quote: I think everyone hates them.
Correct.

Everyone hates them stinkin' tacks.
Some are even calling for the team to be sold to help clean house...

....dummies, don't realize it would probably move if that happened.

Any new owner would want to get the heck away from there. :yes:

Quote:Not gonna happen until the spread runs it course.

The game is constantly changing, but even taking that into account the game is cyclical.

You're already starting to see it in college with teams like Stanford taking advantage of player matchups using extra offensive lineman to punish defenders who are a little light in the [BAD WORD REMOVED] but have better coverage skills.

I agree about the rule changes. I think everyone hates them. What I don't understand is why they feel the necessity to slow down the game. This is the professional level, where individuals know what risk they're taking (and are rewarded generously for it. ) they should just give these guys a release statement at the rookie symposium that absolves the shield of any responsibility for physical conditions AFTER football. They get paid well enough to cover any expenses after retirement. Even with league minimum.

Everyone would sign it.

Yikes.
Quote:It is becoming an ugly trend. 

Sometimes I miss the good ol days.

[Image: 08-csonka.jpg]

If this guy  ^  suspected his GM and/or coach were tanking purposely he'd likely remove their teeth with his fist.  
Sadly, tanking became a "thing", when the NFL changed it's rules so drastically towards the offense. With no QB, you really have no hope.

I hate the way the rules are starting to slant.
Quote:Some are even calling for the team to be sold to help clean house...

....dummies, don't realize it would probably move if that happened.

Any new owner would want to get the heck away from there. :yes:

...not with the PSL's already sold...
Quote:Too many people suspect the Colts of sucking for Luck, and have seen the quick turnaround of their gutted roster from 2-14 to top of the division, failing to realize all of the other factors that went in to that success (top young rookie QB prospect, firing of the GM, entire coaching staff, and cutting 75% of the active roster to replace entirely with rookies and young free agents. The collapse of the Texans, mediocre Titans, and rebuilding Jaguars also soften their schedule.)

Fans simply think "Lets suck for (insert QB here), and well be contenders in two years or less, the Colts did it!"
This has some truth to it. But it is also true that a team with a terrible quarterback WILL benefit greatly from acquiring a good one, and that is the truth that validates the Colt method.
Quote:This has some truth to it. But it is also true that a team with a terrible quarterback WILL benefit greatly from acquiring a good one, and that is the truth that validates the Colt method.
It absolutely helps, but expecting immediate trunaround is probably asking too much. The only reason the Colts had the success they did was that Ryan Grigson got lucky in his first year and knocked every single one of his trades and aquistions out of the park. Obviously year 2 hasnt gone nearly as well, but it matters far less because the foundation was laid in year one so well.

Essentially, it might take a few years, even if Bridgewater is the next great QB, because you cant count on getting that lucky.
Quote:Not gonna happen until the spread runs it course.

You're already starting to see it in college with teams like Stanford taking advantage of player matchups using extra offensive lineman to punish defenders who are a little light in the [BAD WORD REMOVED] but have better coverage skills.

Everyone would sign it.
Anyone who disagrees with this should look at some of the crime threads in the sideline. I am in no way equating what professional athletes do as criminal, but conceptually, it's very similar.

They want to easily make a boat load of money, but don't want to inherit any of the risks which come along with doing so.

I found this a very interesting post. +1 for you, my man. Smile