Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Breaking: We are a bad team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://regressing.deadspin.com/the-histo...31/@kylenw

Its actually a pretty good read, no cheap shots or anything like that. 

Shocking

Quote:Hey, the Jaguars are not the worst at special teams! Jacksonville ranks in 16th with a 1.6% special teams DVOA. This is a team that prides itself on doing the "foot" part of football well, dammit.

Laughing

Quote: Laughing
how else do you explain a third round punter lol. 
I found that article to be quite humorous. I really enjoyed that. It may be sad, but it is true. Well done.
[Image: 986712fa326c.gif]

Quote:[Image: 986712fa326c.gif]
What is it with you and that guy anyway?
Quote:What is it with you and that guy anyway?

Thanks for brining that up. He has like 15 posts and 12 of them are of that guy. I find this bizarre obsession to be be quite disturbing.
Quote:[Image: 986712fa326c.gif]

That show is terrible.
Quote:That show is terrible.
Thank you.. I agree.. Everytime I see that guy, I wanna give him either a swirly or a black eye..
In other news...

[Image: Man%20Lands%20on%20Moon.JPG]

-ScrewDrvr-

Quote:What is it with you and that guy anyway?
its a horribly unfunny AE that needs to be banned. Brings nothing of value to the forum.
I think dude is mocking us.....pretty funny if ya ask me......Heero comes up with some funny ones to.....wait.....he could be Heero's son
"The Jags cause fumbles often, with a fumbles per drive rate of .076, second-best in the league"
Found this very funny and true. If any homer needs a dose of reality, we can direct them to that article
Another guy trying to pin the Jags as historically bad.

They may have the worst offense of the decade, but they're not the worst of all time.  Nice try with the "they're even worse than the 2008 Lions!" angle, too.  No, we're not.  Certainly the worst NFL team this year, but I'm not even sure we're worse than the 2011 colts.

Prisoners of the moment strike again.

Quote:Another guy trying to pin the Jags as historically bad.

They may have the worst offense of the decade, but they're not the worst of all time.  Nice try with the "they're even worse than the 2008 Lions!" angle, too.  No, we're not.  Certainly the worst NFL team this year, but I'm not even sure we're worse than the 2011 colts.

Prisoners of the moment strike again.

Did you even read the article? Its not like this is an opinion piece, its comparing our advanced statistics to every other horrible team in history. Stats dont mean everything but when they are historically bad they do hold some weight. 
Quote:"The Jags cause fumbles often, with a fumbles per drive rate of .076, second-best in the league"

I found this to be very encouraging. It shows that this "Its all about the ball" culture is actually starting to take effect. 
Quote:Did you even read the article? Its not like this is an opinion piece, its comparing our advanced statistics to every other horrible team in history. Stats dont mean everything but when they are historically bad they do hold some weight. 
Yeah, I read it.  I think DVOA is a dumb stat, perhaps even dumber than QB rating.

Sorry, we have a ways to go to "beat" that 1977 Tampa team.  The 1-15 Dallas team was also a terrible team.  Their one win, however, was over the eventual SB champs.  The Cleveland team that "won" them the right to take Tim Couch was abysmal.

We have beat a team on their worst day.  Tampa couldn't have done that in '77. 
And another thing:

The article does not quote a single anti-superlative - that is, some facet of the game the Jags are undisputably the worst in history.

If we're going to be "historically" bad, I'm just going to need something more than really really bad QB play.  Which we have.  That's indisputable.

Pages: 1 2