Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PS4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any one get one? I was just able to order one on Amazon for Saturday delivery and im pretty pumped. For weeks the word has been that if you don't wait in line for midnight releases you'll have a hard time getting one before january. Amazon pulled through offering up some consoles for about an hour and a half today. 

This is my first time buying a console at launch and I'm excited for it.

Maybe in 6 months or so. Never buy a first run of a new console.
Don't open it and as soon as they sell out for Christmas, put that sucker on Ebay for 100000000000000000 dollars.. There's always at least 1 idiot..
I'll get one as soon as there's something to play on it. 

Nah, don't really want one right now.  Maybe in a year or two.  We've been scaling back our gaming a bit.  Might wait for a price drop even.

I would normally wait too but since I sold my PS3 to help pay for it and I haven't had anything to play games or stream netflix to my tv, I'm definitely happy to buy it at launch, especially since $400 is not a bad deal (ps3 was $500 and $600 at launch depending on memory). I don't see the price going down for awhile.
Guarantee it has a price drop by next fall. 

$400 isn't a bad price for the launch of a new system, seems like they where way higher in the past. That said I've been out of videogames for years now and have no intention of buying either new system.
I'm getting mine in Feb. along with a shiny new TV because I'm still using SDTVs Sad

So this is the loser thread? Just making sure I'm in the proper place.
Quote:So this is the loser thread? Just making sure I'm in the proper place.
Why don't you just make your own loser thread and you will be completely confident that you are in fact in the exact place you belong. No reason taking any chances man. Never know what could end up happening, Zombie Apocalypse, Batman actually being a woman, Bacon becomes poisonous, there's no telling what kind of can of worms you could be opening. You gotta be careful these days.
Quote:Why don't you just make your own loser thread and you will be completely confident that you are in fact in the exact place you belong. No reason taking any chances man. Never know what could end up happening, Zombie Apocalypse, Batman actually being a woman, Bacon becomes poisonous, there's no telling what kind of can of worms you could be opening. You gotta be careful these days.
Uh... Ok..?

I was just kidding about that one guy calling ps people losers in the Gabbert in SAMs club thread. I have 360 but am ps4-curious. Sorry if that struck a nerve with you.
Quote:Uh... Ok..?

I was just kidding about that one guy calling ps people losers in the Gabbert in SAMs club thread. I have 360 but am ps4-curious. Sorry if that struck a nerve with you.
Nah, I knew what you were doing, I was just jokin around too. My bad if you thought I was like attackin you lol.

Quote:Nah, I knew what you were doing, I was just jokin around too. My bad if you thought I was like attackin you lol.
See, you confused me (which is pretty easy to do).

After reading it for a 4th time it now makes sense to me. Lol.
I waited until 2010 to get a PS3, so I'll probably do the same with the PS4. I'll be perfectly content with my PS3 for a few more years.

Quote:I waited until 2010 to get a PS3, so I'll probably do the same with the PS4. I'll be perfectly content with my PS3 for a few more years.

Yeah, pretty much the same here. It's the same situation with the Xbox One for me too.
Quote:Yeah, pretty much the same here. It's the same situation with the Xbox One for me too.
Waiting is the best for right now. But, if everyone I knew didn't have xbox I'd probably be getting the ps4 pretty soon. I think that is what's holding me back the most.
Quote:Waiting is the best for right now. But, if everyone I knew didn't have xbox I'd probably be getting the ps4 pretty soon. I think that is what's holding me back the most.

Honestly, the PS4 should take the top seat as far as consoles go this generation. The Wii "won" last generation because it was for a mostly untapped audience but the Wii U is suffering from horrific marketing and a lack of good titles. The Xbox had networking on its side last gen but that may change this time around now that Sony is charging for online gaming. The PS4 is also a more powerful machine and has already been shown to be that. CoD: Ghosts, for example, runs at 720p on an Xbox One while running at 1080p on a PS4. They both run at 60fps but the PS4 will look nicer because of the increased resolution. The fact that the Xbox One is already failing to run 1080p 60fps doesn't bode well for it in the long run and as developers figure the hardware of both systems out (which shouldn't be as big of a problem as it was last gen) it will likely only get worse for the Xbox One. It had been known that the PS4 was at least a little bit more powerful but a failure to run a launch title at 1080p 60fps on the Xbox One definitely signifies the PS4's hardware advantage.

The only thing that I could see saving the Xbox One is either a better exclusives list and Sony failing at networking despite the fee. To be fair, the Xbox One probably does have a better launch lineup but so did the 360 which ended up worse by the end of the generation than the PS3s in many people's opinions as a result of games like The Last of Us.

PS4 had noted framerate issues with cod at 1080.

Quote:PS4 had noted framerate issues with cod at 1080.

Only in SP and let's be honest, nobody plays CoD for the SP.
Pages: 1 2