Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: MJD Still In The Top 100
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was checking out the top 100 players of 2013 at nfl.com. I was surprised to see MJD still there. He comes in at #98. Good to know he still has respect in the league. If we had a better O-line, I think he would be having a much better year. I just don't see many holes opening up. We definitely need to beef up our line this offseason. St. Louis was the only team to not to represent. I was surprised not to see Jake Long in there. He's a 4 time pro bowler. San Fran had the most at 9 players. Seattle was 2nd at 7 players. Tampa has 5. They are really underachieving this year. Of the top 100 players listed, 17 were drafted in the top 3 picks. 36 were drafted in the top third of the first round. Funny how we've been drafting in the top third of the 1st round for 9 of the last 12 years and all we have to show for it is MJD.....a 2nd rounder at that. The one bright spot for Shack Harris. 75% of these players were drafted in the first & 2nd rounds. 6 were even undrafted. Couple of questions. What do we do with MJD after the season? Keep him? Do we draft a running back in the 2nd or 3rd round? Do you see any players in the upcoming draft with top 100 potential? I'm thinking maybe Clowney or Barr. Barr has moved up to #2 on Kiper's list. Clowney is #1. Bridgewater has dropped below Matthews at #4. Manziel, who Kiper didn't even have in the 1st round earlier, has soared up to #12. Should Caldwell go BAP? And get a quarterback that falls in the 2nd? Bridgewater has not separated himself enough from the other quarterbacks. I'm torn here.
It sounds like madden ratings... players that produced a lot 3-4 years ago have inflated stats and because NFL network built a rep with him he's still on it. Everyone knows what he is/was capable of and it was a respectable thing. These days there are more doubters as the production is way down. We were never a good team when he won the rushing title but this year is just awkward for MJD. The line sucks and no threat of a passing game but there was a time he could make first downs and make a defense doubt itself.

Quote:I was checking out the top 100 players of 2013 at nfl.com. I was surprised to see MJD still there. He comes in at #98. Good to know he still has respect in the league. If we had a better O-line, I think he would be having a much better year. I just don't see many holes opening up. We definitely need to beef up our line this offseason. St. Louis was the only team to not to represent. I was surprised not to see Jake Long in there. He's a 4 time pro bowler.

Jake Long probably has seen his best NFL days.  When watching him against the 49ers earlier this season,  Long and the entire St Louis Rams Offensive Line looked overmatched.  Injuries have taken their toll on Long.   While there are many issues with Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland,  I think he made the right decision not to re-sign Long at the asking price Long wanted.   On the other hand,   Ireland didn't effectively replace Long in the draft or Free Agency.
This was done well before the season started, and is voted on by the players projecting the best players for this season.  To prove how absolutely worthless it is, Jimmy Graham didn't make the list.  It's purpose is to drive discussion and take up 2 hours every week in new programming during the down period.  MJD won't be on the list next year, and I'd let him walk unless he takes a reasonable, short term contract.