Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: help with flex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I lost Doug Martin then his backup michael James!!!

I'm starting Reggie bush , danny wood head, and I need to fill my flex spot from these players

Brian Leonard Bucs

Bobby Rainey Bucs

Chris Ivory

Cecil shorts

Anquan bolden

Ive got Leonard penciled in but I'm bouncing fighting the want to start Ivory. What do you guys think?
Oh and I have Mendenhall
I'm in the same boat as you in one league. I thought I was going to be just fine when I picked up mike James until the game last week. I ended up picking up Riley cooper in that league. Of your choices above I think I'd roll the dice with shorts or Leonard. That is if there isn't any one better this week on waivers.
Chris Ivory all the way... that dude is gonna touch the rock 25 times

Leave Shorts on the sideline, dude is going against Patrick Peterson this weekend... he's getting a total of 0 catches. Anquan Boldin has turdpernick throwing the rock to him so leave him out.

Chris Ivory by far.

Bolden is interesting going forward if Manningham is back in the line-up because that should help take some of the double coverage off of him. Leonard is getting the start this game over Rainey, although I suspect the two might soon flip roles. He's not all that great of a RB, but the Falcons run D is rather porous. Ivory is on a bit of a role as of late, so he's probably your hot hand over everyone else, but the Bills are a good defense vs the run making this a tougher call. Mendenhall vs the Jaguars is also intriguing given our run D prior to last week, but after this week his value goes way down.

Since you have other options, just watch Leonard and Rainey this weekend to get a better read on them. The same goes for Bolden. Even though thing should open up for him, it's probably best to verify that first. So in my mind the call is Ivory vs a tough run D or Mendenhall vs a weak run D. Ivory is getting the bulk of the jets carries, but he's not even as good as some RBs that the Bills have shut down. Mendenhall, meanwhile, is still getting half the carries for the Cards and is trying to earn his job back. I'm real tempted to say you should flex Mendenhall this week, and then waive him after this week even if he does well.