Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Some Specific Reasons for the Jags Victory this Past Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While Sundays 29-27 victory over Tennessee was nice, there isn't anyone that can possibly say that it wasn't expected. The talent on our team is clearly there, and when you dominate each and every stat line as we did on Sunday, we have something special. This by the way is the same Tennessee Titans team whom the NFL selected to play in the Hall of Fame game in 2009.

It's not that hard to figure out why we were both directly and indirectly successful:

Indirectly, our proud and loyal Jagsnation finally moved on Sunday. When Del Rio was named head coach of the Denver Broncos and actually coached his first game, it gave us and our players closure. We now know for a fact he has moved on and is not coming back. We were able to just focus on our opponent, and the end result - a win for the Jags. I want to remind everyone that Del Rio did not want to leave, so we should harbor no ill feelings towards the winningest coach in our franchises history.  I know it's been tough since he left, but he is in a better place now.

Directly, we put got our best player on on the field Sunday, and got him the necessary touches. I have no idea about what is going on between Bradely and Josh Scobee (people claim there is no conflict, but come on) but Coach Bradley finally figured out that if Scobee is not kicking field goals, extra points and kicking the ball off after touchdown, we are not very good. It took Coach Bradley half of a season to figure this out and I think you will see a different mind set moving forward. You got a horse, you ride him. I didn't see Jimmy Johnson sitting Emmitt Smith back in the Cowboys glory days, I didn't see Phil Jackson sitting Michael Jordan in their heyday, and never once saw Ken Fischer sit Clark Toner in GI's glorious hey day. Coach Bradley - Jagsnation implores you to play your best players!!!

Moving on, the race for the Ponce De Leon Cup (award going to the NFL team in Florida with the best record) got a little more interesting this weekend.With both the Jags and Tampa winning and Miami of course being ineligible for the cup, this looks like a two horse race.  I don't know if we are allowed to give opinions on the message board or must stick to the facts, but in my humble opinion, this race will captivate Floridians like something never seen before as we head into the final stretch of this great season!

Current Standings:

Jacksonville 1-8

Tampa Bay 1-8

Miami (4-5) Ineligible/on probation  (bullying)

Season End Tie Breaker: Most points scored against the KC Chiefs in 2013 season.

Finally, here is what can we summarize from the events of the past week:

1) The Jags have an outside shot at the playoffs. We will need to win out and get some help, but if this happens we will be a tough out in the playoffs. The key of course will be getting Scobee on the field.

2) We are flat out in the hunt for the Ponce De Leon Cup. Two weeks ago, this seemed like a long shot but with sanctions levied against Miami, we have new life. We should not feel like we are "back dooring" our way into this as the focus needs to be that the Jags have behaved, not that Miami has not.

3) We do not need to worry about the number one pick in the draft as the talent is clearly there. Teams just don't go into Tennessee and win as we did on Sunday. We need to ride this momentum and we need to focus on  winning now.

Tldr but I'm going with fact we scored more then them.
But with recent revelations in the Incognito case, it appears that the committee will have no choice but to reinstate the Miami Dolphins.

Next week will be a tough one, no doubt.  Seeing Andy Heck and Jack Del Rio going at it will be on the minds of all of our players.  

"When Del Rio was named head coach of the Denver Broncos and actually coached his first game, it gave us and our players closure. We now know for a fact he has moved on and is not coming back."

While this is hilarious, there's only like 12 players left that played for Jack Del Rio.

I was wondering why I feeling derpy while reading this... Then I looked at OP name
The usual excellence from Omaha.

No post last week during the bye.  Coincidence?  I think not.

We won because of field position and excellent defensive play. 

I only hope and pray that Scobee doesn't let this go to his head. He has to remain a team player. I know he is league MVP material, but he is a Jaguar first and foremost. There are plans for Scobee. Soon, they will draft his replacement with the first overall pick, and he will have to mentor the youngster. That is no easy task.

I know it will take a lot to keep our MVP focused.

I think this is the best post by Omaha - ever...

Quote:I only hope and pray that Scobee doesn't let this go to his head. He has to remain a team player. I know he is league MVP material, but he is a Jaguar first and foremost. There are plans for Scobee. Soon, they will draft his replacement with the first overall pick, and he will have to mentor the youngster. That is no easy task.

I know it will take a lot to keep our MVP focused.

Bradley needs to stop his Incognito treatment of Scobee and turn him loose to be the scoring machine he was meant to be. Now that JDR's absence is less of an emotional burden in the locker room, I predict Blaine will flourish. Arizona, it sucks to be you this Sunday.