Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Andy Levitre and Chance Warmack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do any of the Tennessee fans that have mastered the science of reading have a take on these two? I read an article recently that said both of them were struggling, and this was a big reason why Chris Johnson was underperforming this season.

In your perspective, was Levitre worth the money spent? $46 million from what I hear.

Was Warmack worth the draft pick? #10 overall.

Quote:Do any of the Tennessee fans that have mastered the science of reading have a take on these two? I read an article recently that said both of them were struggling, and this was a big reason why Chris Johnson was underperforming this season.

In your perspective, was Levitre worth the money spent? $46 million from what I hear.

Guards are never worth the #10 overall pick. Warmack is a good example of the sort of misguided thinking similar to Gene Smith's problem that will get their front office and coaching staff cleared out.
Quote:Guards are never worth the #10 overall pick. Warmack is a good example of the sort of misguided thinking similar to Gene Smith's problem that will get their front office and coaching staff cleared out.

Normally we are on opposite ends but this is the nail on the head.
Well, I think we have our answer to both of these questions: nope.

I remember tack fans saying Levitre was worth it because he's one of the best pass-blocking guards in the league (he might get cut 2 years later). I'm still not sure how you get labeled as a great pass blocking guard, but I'm glad the tacks paid a truck load of money for him.
You went and found a thread from 2 years ago?

Quote:Do any of the Tennessee fans that have mastered the science of reading have a take on these two?

As it turns out, two years later, it appears tack fans have yet to master the wizardry of this "reading" you speak of. Keep trying, tack fans, we know you can do it!
Quote:You went and found a thread from 2 years ago?

What can I say, I like to party. Besides, the search engine they conveniently provide has proven to be quite magical indeed.
Well, two years later, Warmack is starting to look good (cautiously optimistic). Levitre is garbage.

Quote:Titans OG Levitre knows he might be released

Andy Levitre | TEN

(August 25, 2015 9:41 PM EDT)

Titans OG Andy Levitre conceded that he might be on the outs in Tennessee.

"I am on the team, so I’d love to stay,’’ Levitre said Tuesday. "But it’s above my pay grade. (My mindset) is to do the best that I can and see how things shake out from there." Levitre, signed to a $46.8 million contract ahead of the 2013 season, hasn't lived up to his contract and has been relegated to the second-team offense this summer. Byron Bell is working as the Titans' starting left guard.

SOURCE: TITANSONLINE.COM

46 million dollars and y'all think Beadles got overpaid?
The Falcons traded for Andy Levitre earlier today:

Falcons trading for Andy Levitre

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...y-levitre/

That contract sure is a reminder of the risks of lucrative FA contracts.

Quote:Do any of the Tennessee fans that have mastered the science of reading have a take on these two? I read an article recently that said both of them were struggling, and this was a big reason why Chris Johnson was underperforming this season.

[Image: laughing-man.jpg]
Quote:The Falcons traded for Andy Levitre earlier today:

Falcons trading for Andy Levitre

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...y-levitre/

That contract sure is a reminder of the risks of lucrative FA contracts.

Our line has looked good since he was taken out of the lineup. Glad we got something for him. Pretty sure he was about to be cut.
Quote:Our line has looked good since he was taken out of the lineup. Glad we got something for him. Pretty sure he was about to be cut.

Were you surprised that Tennessee released RT Byron Stingily?   Wasn't he considered a strong candidate to be a starter going into training camp?
Quote:Were you surprised that Tennessee released RT Byron Stingily?   Wasn't he considered a strong candidate to be a starter going into training camp?

Not really. The rookie is playing well. Maybe Stingily will be resigned for depth, but I really don't care if it happens. We had a lot of guys play on our line last season that really don't belong in the league, and he was one of them. We've been thin on O-Line for a while. Who knows, maybe there was some chatter about Stingily being a starter at some point. I don't remember hearing anything about it. Until Poutasi stepped in, I couldn't tell you who was going to fill that position.
Quote:Not really. The rookie is playing well. Maybe Stingily will be resigned for depth, but I really don't care if it happens. We had a lot of guys play on our line last season that really don't belong in the league, and he was one of them. We've been thin on O-Line for a while. Who knows, maybe there was some chatter about Stingily being a starter at some point. I don't remember hearing anything about it. Until Poutasi stepped in, I couldn't tell you who was going to fill that position.

I recall reading before the draft that some scouts thought Jeremiah Poutasi was a better fit at Tackle but others thought he was a better fit at Guard.   Being that Poutasi is one of the youngest players from this year's draft crop,  it sounds like he's ahead of schedule. 
Quote:Do any of the Tennessee fans that have mastered the science of reading...

Hahahahaha, great way to start this morning.

Thanks Deacon.
Quote:Hahahahaha, great way to start this morning.

Thanks Deacon.

I do what I can.

Even way back in 2013