Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell deserve another year poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I personally would stick a fork in him.  Given the amount of high draft picks and open cap it's hard to justify the roster he has built.  Sure coaching is a big part of it but the players have failed to live up to expectations.  After 4 years I can't really see a franchise player at this point.  Coaching can't fix players under performing and there has been a ton of that lately.  A coach can polish a turd but no matter how much a turd is a ultimately a turd.  Question marks at the QB, WR, DL, TE are huge holes that should of been fixed in 4 years.

Call me crazy, but I don't trust a guy who missed on his head coach and his first three top 5 picks to make another head coach selection and top 5 pick. 

Quote:  Coaching can't fix players under performing and there has been a ton of that lately.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
I have no idea why we need a new thread for this every hour
Quote:I have no idea why we need a new thread for this every hour

Because warhgarble.

[Image: 9HML9tDV.jpg]

Because every half hour would just be too much.
Not voting.

I'm kinda 50/50

I would like to see a guy like Coughlin hired as President/Director of Football Operations
Because what else would you whine about?   You couldn't resists reading it.
Dave Caldwell, the guy who selected the worst coach in NFL history?  The guy who after 4 years is likely going to end up building a team that goes 3-13 or 2-14?  Guy who has missed on how many top 5 picks and numerous free agent busts?

No thanks.  Time to hire some professionals with experience.  

It would be an absolute mistake to keep Caldwell, it's not that hard of a decision, and it would represent the first instance where I thought less of khan as an owner were he to retain his services.
Assuming DC is let go, who would you guys like to see as GM?
Quote:It would be an absolute mistake to keep Caldwell, it's not that hard of a decision, and it would represent the first instance where I thought less of khan as an owner were he to retain his services.

Get ready then, because Caldwell ain't going nowhere.
Not gonna vote because I'm not invested either way. Caldwell has been mediocre and this is his first stint as a GM. You would expect him to have learned from his mistakes going forward and to become better than mediocre, but there's no guarantee with that or anything else. Our previous two GMs were less than mediocre in my opinion. My concern in letting Caldwell go is that you potentially bring in another sub-mediocre GM to replace him, but I'll lose no sleep over it if he is indeed let go at the end of the season. You have to already have the guy lined up and ready to accept the job if you let Caldwell go. Otherwise let it ride another year.
it's very difficult to find a good head coach AND a good franchise quarterback in one shot. I can forgive Dave of either one taken by itself...however, striking out on both selections simultaneously is 'bad juju'.

I guess that all things considered I'm more inclined to be forgiving of Dave regarding the Gus Bradley selection since, at the time, Gus seemed like a reasonable choice...wrong! The selection of a quarterback at 3rd overall with a known weakness in his basic skill set however is almost unforgivable! 

Nevertheless, I voted to give Dave one more chance... and I do mean only one more chance. Dave, you better be selecting a winner for a new head coach and a better pick for a franchise quarterback than Bortles has proven to be or you should be sending out the resumes.

Quote:It would be an absolute mistake to keep Caldwell, it's not that hard of a decision, and it would represent the first instance where I thought less of khan as an owner were he to retain his services.

So keeping Gus 2 years too long didnt change your opinion on Khan.
The bloom is definately off the rose when it comes to Caldwell.

The fact that Gus Bradley wasn't fired at the end of the 2015 season was the first sign that something may not be totally right with Dave.

The fact that Caldwell decided to sacrifice this season by not firing Gus after the San Diego game or at least once the Bye Week started was another red flag.

The fact that Caldwell thought that it was OK to allow fans to witness this mess even after the complete melt down on Thursday night was it for me.

I'm not saying I think Caldwell can't turn things around.  But I'm wouldn't shed a tear if he was kicked to the curb.  His lack of guts to get rid of Gus Bradley shows he's got a propensity for ineffectual-ism.

Lol I see the homers came en masse this morning. I thought the poll was actually promising when it was like 7 yes and 12 no overnight. 

A lot of these same homers were voting yes on Gene Smith before he was fired.  I am not surprised most want to keep him.

Caldwell in my opinion hasn't done enough to stay. He has made sooo many bad moves, and with 4 losing season under his belt to me his time is up... He didnt do his job.. His rebuild plan failed.. You know what happens when you dont do your job at work?? You get fired! I dont wanna hear well he is a good guy, he drafted ARob, etc.. Theirs also a ton of guys he didnt draft..4 years guys...4 years of losing... He failed point blank!
This is addressed for those who want to replace Caldwell, who would be your option to replace him?

And please don't say Coughlin for GM. 

Pages: 1 2 3