Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texans release Ed Reed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
inb4weshouldsign

Age is a funny thing, it catches up to everyone

Quote:Age is a funny thing, it catches up to everyone

Well, it was more because of his comments. I have no doubt Ed Reed has some left in the tank though.
Quote:Well, it was more because of his comments. I have no doubt Ed Reed has some left in the tank though.

I have doubt.
Quote:I have doubt.

Was his recent stint with Houston that bad? I always thought he'd be an ageless wonder type of guy.
Quote:Was his recent stint with Houston that bad? I always thought he'd be an ageless wonder type of guy.
Before he made his comments throwing the coaching staff under the bus, he was benched for his bad play. He had more penalty yards than tackles after 9 games.
Hehehehe tinhorns suck.

Quote:Well, it was more because of his comments. I have no doubt Ed Reed has some left in the tank though.

I missed the comments, what did he say? I figured it was for lackluster play, he had been doing bad real bad in Houston.
Quote:I missed the comments, what did he say? I figured it was for lackluster play, he had been doing bad real bad in Houston.

He said that eventually they'll have to figure out doing the same wrong things over and over again won't result in something different, or something to that effect.

If he were playing well you can be sure he wouldn't have been cut.

no.

This thread.. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthr...p?t=102335 was started way before Ed said anything.  The guy is finished.. knew he was finished.. took the Texans for one last pay day, and would show up to collect his check wearing a mask with his gun in hand.  His heart isn't in it no more and he can't do it either.. whether that comes down to age or just not caring anymore (He's been "fat and happy" since the SB).  The comments were just the straw that broke the camel's back and speeded up what was already coming down the pipe line.  Ed Reed already lost his job as a starter before the comments.  He's all name and no game now.  Feel free to sign him though.. he's available and I'd be he'd love to take your money too. Smile

Quote:Hehehehe tinhorns suck.

The most frustrating thing is they don't suck..  I'd rather just be a crappy team and lose.  It's tough watching a few players totally derail your entire season. Whether it's Matt Schaub breaking a NFL record for pick 6s or watching a obese kicker cost you multiple games. (Anybody who doesn't think STs are important.. what the 2013 Texans)  This team needs new direction no lie, but they have the core pieces already in place to hit the ground running when that new regime comes.. especially if Keenum answers their problems at QB and becomes their future starter. If he does then he automatically solves their cap issues as Schaub becomes expendable.  They suck now, but it'd be worse if they won 10 games which led to nowhere.. that doesn't bring about change.  The losing has already given us a new QB, which has been a improvement over the status quo.
Quote:The most frustrating thing is they don't suck..  I'd rather just be a crappy team and lose.  It's tough watching a few players totally derail your entire season. Whether it's Matt Schaub breaking a NFL record for pick 6s or watching a obese kicker cost you multiple games. (Anybody who doesn't think STs are important.. what the 2013 Texans)  This team needs new direction no lie, but they have the core pieces already in place to hit the ground running when that new regime comes.. especially if Keenum answers their problems at QB and becomes their future starter. If he does then he automatically solves their cap issues as Schaub becomes expendable.  They suck now, but it'd be worse if they won 10 games which led to nowhere.. that doesn't bring about change.  The losing has already given us a new QB, which has been a improvement over the status quo.
You guys are definitely in a better situation than we are in. I know everyone thinks Bridgewater is gonna change everything around here, but we still suck on just about every damn level. We suck Sad
" I was born to do this " Ed Reed - Sunday Night Football intro

Best ever?

Quote:no.

This thread.. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthr...p?t=102335 was started way before Ed said anything.  The guy is finished.. knew he was finished.. took the Texans for one last pay day, and would show up to collect his check wearing a mask with his gun in hand.  His heart isn't in it no more and he can't do it either.. whether that comes down to age or just not caring anymore (He's been "fat and happy" since the SB).  The comments were just the straw that broke the camel's back and speeded up what was already coming down the pipe line.  Ed Reed already lost his job as a starter before the comments.  He's all name and no game now.  Feel free to sign him though.. he's available and I'd be he'd love to take your money too. Smile

I meant that the comments were the catalyst to his release, which, based on the timing, it definitely was.

He probably would've gotten to ride out his contract if he kept his mouth shut. There's really no point in cutting him otherwise, unless Houston was going to owe him more money by letting him play out his contract.
Quote:I meant that the comments were the catalyst to his release, which, based on the timing, it definitely was. He probably would've gotten to ride out his contract if he kept his mouth shut. There's really no point in cutting him otherwise, unless Houston was going to owe him more money by letting him play out his contract.

He signed a 3 year 15 mil deal, no way was he finishing that contract. The comments did speed up the comments, but he would of been cut at the end of the season regardless. He's done, unless another team wants to waste more time and money on him.
Father time always wins.

Is Reed a Hall of Famer? 

Spending on aging free agents is what I like to see from division opponents

Quote:Father time always wins.

Is Reed a Hall of Famer? 

He should be, right?
Pages: 1 2