Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: what kind of weird side projects do you have going on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm building an arcade cabinet

[Image: JbuAKTh.jpg?1]
[Image: ym5tUoj.jpg?1]

I put this together for my son today.. may not be that impressive, but I was please :-)

[Image: 15242013_765129823639052_256113903787346...e=58AF9A97]

also building one of these but I can't afford the upper I want yet so its being helld up

[Image: bblZUNI.jpg?1]

Finding new places to stick my Tens Unit

[Image: 41GDBzxvN-L._SY355_.jpg]

Closest to a project that I have going on.. 

Quote:Finding new places to stick my Tens Unit

[Image: 41GDBzxvN-L._SY355_.jpg]

Closest to a project that I have going on.. 

Is that one of those zapper things thats supposed to help your muscles.  I think I have one somewhere.
I'm building a wood working bench for my tiny apartment I share with the gf. Pacific NW weather keeps me from being able to work as much as I would like out doors. 

Quote:Is that one of those zapper things thats supposed to help your muscles.  I think I have one somewhere.

That's the one.. Those things rock..
Quote:also building one of these but I can't afford the upper I want yet so its being helld up

[Image: bblZUNI.jpg?1]
I wasn't aware you could buy guns by the part.
Quote:I wasn't aware you could buy guns by the part.

ya its illegal to buy certain things online but you can buy the 80%lowers  and drill them out, its a total pain and takes forever then you can buy the parts kits and everything.  Also its illegal to pay someone to do all the drilling stuff for you so you have to do it yourself.  its a good way to save some money if you build a few of them

Quote:That's the one.. Those things rock..

I have one I quit using but it was cool for a couple weeks

Quote:I'm building a wood working bench for my tiny apartment I share with the gf. Pacific NW weather keeps me from being able to work as much as I would like out doors. 

I have one of those I built if I had to do it again instead of making the edges flush I would have have a 2inch lip about an inch wide so I could use clamps better.  If that makes any sense anyway heres a picture of my bench.

[Image: Xm6OSAY.jpg?1]
Quote:That's the one.. Those things rock..

I've got 5 herniated discs in my back, so I've used them many times. Stick on the electrodes and crank that thing all the way up. I was in heaven (for a while.) What's funny is to trick someone who has never used one into giving it a try and putting it on full blast.
I bought...and moved into...a foreclosure. My entire life is a friggin' project right now. It was almost a relief to get the pneumonia, it gave me a reason not to work on the Damn thing for a few days.
Quote:I wasn't aware you could buy guns by the part.

I think your awareness of guns could fit in a thimble my friend.
Quote:I think your awareness of guns could fit in a thimble my friend.
Gun laws, probably yes.

Guns as a whole, probably not.
Quote:ya its illegal to buy certain things online but you can buy the 80%lowers  and drill them out, its a total pain and takes forever then you can buy the parts kits and everything.  Also its illegal to pay someone to do all the drilling stuff for you so you have to do it yourself.  its a good way to save some money if you build a few of them

I have one I quit using but it was cool for a couple weeks

I have one of those I built if I had to do it again instead of making the edges flush I would have have a 2inch lip about an inch wide so I could use clamps better.  If that makes any sense anyway heres a picture of my bench.

[Image: Xm6OSAY.jpg?1]
Nice. How thick is top? That's probably about the size mine is going to end up being. Putting on a front vice and drilling in some dog holes for surface clamping with hold downs and bench dogs. 
Quote:I think your awareness of guns could fit in a thimble my friend.

This sounds like me.
Quote:Nice. How thick is top? That's probably about the size mine is going to end up being. Putting on a front vice and drilling in some dog holes for surface clamping with hold downs and bench dogs. 

if I recall right its a 2x4 and 1/2inch ply.  I should have put some holes or made a lip like I was saying, it works great though as long as you don't need to clamp.
I'm building a floating BBQ.
Quote:I'm building an arcade cabinet

[Image: JbuAKTh.jpg?1]
[Image: ym5tUoj.jpg?1]

Very cool.  That's one of the things on my list.  Are you planning to use MAME?

At the moment I'm in the process of building a robot for my grandson.  I'm still 3D printing parts and need to write the software for it.
Quote:Very cool.  That's one of the things on my list.  Are you planning to use MAME?

At the moment I'm in the process of building a robot for my grandson.  I'm still 3D printing parts and need to write the software for it.

I have some mame games.  Mame is a pain to set up and some don't want to work at all.  I can't get metal slug to work to save my life, most of the arcade fighters I just use psx, sega, or snes
I have been purchasing junked Lionel Trains on e-bay and rebuilding/repairing/restoring them.  No formal training and no license so finding parts has been a challenge at times.  My youngest recently moved out and her old room is being turned into train room.  My inner geek is in all out flame mode.  

Pages: 1 2 3