Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 13 Inactives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Injury Update: R. Greene Sr., C. Ivory, A. Hurns and J. Odrick all ruled OUT for Sunday. J. Thomas is listed as DOUBTFUL

via Jaguars Twitter

Such a shame, we are going to need all the receiver help we can get.

Quote:Injury Update: R. Greene Sr., C. Ivory, A. Hurns and J. Odrick all ruled OUT for Sunday. J. Thomas is listed as DOUBTFUL

via Jaguars Twitter

Of these injuries, the loss of Chris Ivory seems like the greatest obstacle for the Jaguars to overcome.   Especially,  considering the Broncos elite pass rush.
That's a lot of key inactives. If we stood a chance of having a victory, or a winning season, I would be mad. But, right now, a loss is a win for 2017.
Quote:Injury Update: R. Greene Sr., C. Ivory, A. Hurns and J. Odrick all ruled OUT for Sunday. J. Thomas is listed as DOUBTFUL

via Jaguars Twitter

Yeah, God forbid we go 2-10. 

(please make sure your sarcasm detectors are on)
Quote:That's a lot of key inactives. If we stood a chance of having a victory, or a winning season, I would be mad. But, right now, a loss is a win for 2017.

The only other potential positive for the Jaguars is maybe one of the backup or current practice squad players will take advantage of his opportunity and become a significant part of the team's future plans.
Ivory out? Uh oh ..
Quote:That's a lot of key inactives. If we stood a chance of having a victory, or a winning season, I would be mad. But, right now, a loss is a win for 2017.

A loss is never a win.
What are the injuries these players have?

Quote:What are the injuries these players have?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...s-broncos/
This is a killer for our run game. Even with a healthy T.J. Yeldon we missed Chris Ivory.

Quote:This is a killer for our run game. Even with a healthy T.J. Yeldon we missed Chris Ivory.

It's at the very least a major setback for the Jaguars in the context of trying to win this game. 

Though there are a number of key reasons why the Bills came back to beat the Jaguars in their previous game, IMO,  one of the key reasons was the hamstring injury to Chris Ivory.   Especially,  when combined with the limitations T.J. Yeldon had.    From a game plan standpoint going into the contest,  I thought the Jaguars coaches did a good job.  
Quote:It's at the very least a major setback for the Jaguars in the context of trying to win this game. 

Though there are a number of key reasons why the Bills came back to beat the Jaguars in their previous game, IMO, one of the key reasons was the hamstring injury to Chris Ivory. Especially, when combined with the limitations T.J. Yeldon had. From a game plan standpoint going into the contest, I thought the Jaguars coaches did a good job.  

Even worse with Yeldon also being hurt. During the Bills game I asked Mom to check for updates on her iPad. She said Denard Robinson lost yards on a shotgun play (just reading Game Pass play by play on her screen). I thought to myself, "Why is Robinson on the field?" and thought running him out of the shotgun was stupid. Of course I could not see anything without live streaming (we were eating supper and desserts, so that would not have been practical), so maybe something happened that I completely missed. I guessed either Yeldon or Ivory was injured or Robinson would not be on the field. But why run from the shotgun?

The biggest reason we lost probably was LeSean McCoy's 75-yard run. We had just cut the deficit to 7 points. When Mom read the statistics before that TD she said we were better in every category.
Quote: Of these injuries, the loss of Chris Ivory seems like the greatest obstacle for the Jaguars to overcome.   Especially,  considering the Broncos elite pass rush.

The thing is, people around here don't think that he's all that good.  The game sure changed dramatically last Sunday once he was out.

A "not-so-healthy" Yeldon and (puke) Denard Robinson isn't enough to get it done against Denver's defense.
Quote:Even worse with Yeldon also being hurt. During the Bills game I asked Mom to check for updates on her iPad. She said Denard Robinson lost yards on a shotgun play (just reading Game Pass play by play on her screen). I thought to myself, "Why is Robinson on the field?" and thought running him out of the shotgun was stupid. Of course I could not see anything without live streaming (we were eating supper and desserts, so that would not have been practical), so maybe something happened that I completely missed. I guessed either Yeldon or Ivory was injured or Robinson would not be on the field. But why run from the shotgun?

The biggest reason we lost probably was LeSean McCoy's 75-yard run. We had just cut the deficit to 7 points. When Mom read the statistics before that TD she said we were better in every category.

The Jags were leading 7-6 when LeSean McCoy ran for the long rushing TD.  It certainly had a huge impact on the game.   The one positive from that is the Jaguars responded from the adversity at the time.   It was a good overall effort by the team,  though w/o saying it doesn't erase the final score.
Quote:The thing is, people around here don't think that he's all that good.  The game sure changed dramatically last Sunday once he was out.

A "not-so-healthy" Yeldon and (puke) Denard Robinson isn't enough to get it done against Denver's defense.

The loss and limitations of Chris Ivory early in the season probably was a major reason for the Jags slow start this season.   Ivory's value is he can create better down and distance situations,  help wear the opposing Defense down,  and keep his own Defense off the field.   Having expressed this,  because of Ivory's style of running and that he's getting older,  his effectiveness level is in question in future seasons.  
Maybe it'll force us to become less predictable and STOP running on 1st down every time!

Quote:The thing is, people around here don't think that he's all that good.  The game sure changed dramatically last Sunday once he was out.

Maybe we'll be able to confuse the Denver defense.

When they look into the backfield, they won't be able to identify a running back.

I mean, these guys are good.  REALLY good.  They won't be used to seeing what we've got back there.
Quote:Maybe it'll force us to become less predictable and STOP running on 1st down every time!

Maybe someday you will figure out we don't run on every first down.
Quote:Maybe someday you will figure out we don't run on every first down.

Yeah maybe I will.

Ok almost every first down.
Ivory was going to fumble anyway.....get that bum out of here
Pages: 1 2