Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley Offense vs. Defense Ranks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OFFENSE: 

2013- 32nd - 15.4 ppg   (Gabbert 3 & Henne 13 starts)

2014- 32nd - 15.6 ppg   (Henne 3 & Bortles 13 starts)

2015- 14th -  23.5 ppg   (Bortles 16 starts)

2016- 25th -  19.5 ppg   (Bortles 11 starts)

DEFENSE: 

2013- 28th - 28.1 ppg allowed

2014- 26th - 25.8 ppg allowed

2015- 31st - 28.0 ppg allowed

2016- 27th - 26.6 ppg allowed

Defense has clearly never improved despite spending $150 million and 6 defensive draft picks. Personally, most KNOW it's the coaching and the scheme and not the talent level of the players. Yannick Ngakoue is a good player. Ramsey and Malik Jackson are assets. 

After finding a REAL head coach, the biggest improvement in the offseason HAS TO be the o line and getting a legit RB in the draft. The Jags have to draft Dalvin Cook. 

If you don't think a running game makes a difference, check out Dallas in 2015 vs. 2016. Dallas was #31 in NFL last year in scoring offense and this year they are #5 because they have the best o line and best RB in the NFL. Dak only threw for 138 yards last night and is having a great year because of his o line and RB. 

If this team can get Tom Coughlin, Dalvin Cook, and improve the o line, they will be in the playoffs next year. 

awesome

Quote:awesome
awesome

The defense is actually very much improved. The offense's tendency to turn the ball over has led to teams being able to score, or has directly led to points.
Quote:The defense is actually very much improved. The offense's tendency to turn the ball over has led to teams being able to score, or has directly led to points. Awesome
FTFY
Just holding teams to field goals or forcing a punt doesn't mean the defense is that great. A really good defense constantly pressures the QB into mistakes and forces turnovers so that their whatever mediocre offense can put up some points if the defense doesn't directly score themselves. That's the kind of defense we were wanting when Gus came over from Seattle. The defense in the second half last week gave up 4 straight scoring drives... I'm not going to pretend like we're that great on defense.

Gus Bradley Tacos Per Week

Avg 13.9

avg 18.6

avg 28.3333333333333

avg 34.89898989

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="superfan32" data-cid="904916" data-time="1480696220">
awesome

</blockquote>

Quote:FTFY
Totally dudes.
Blake Bortles Stats on looking directly into the sun:

Blake Bortles leads the league in staring directly into the sun, edging out Tim Tebow's record in 2012

Look at the numbers:

Blake Bortles

Sun Stares Per game (SSPG): 

2014: 11

2015: 7

2016: 13.5

I know 2015 was a down year but he's back on track 

I'm heading to publix to get a sub sandwich. Anybody want one?
Quote:I'm heading to publix to get a sub sandwich. Anybody want one?

Wanna go halves on an entire rotisserie chicken? 

Ultimate with provolone would be super
awesome

If you listen carefully you will obtain some Jags information that will be 91% accurate. Publix is THE number one source for 91% accurate Jags info. Yeah and grab me some chicken fingers while you're there please.

[Image: publix-couponing-032615.jpg]

noted

So last year was an anomaly. Cool
Blake Bortles has as many pick 6s as wins.

[Image: F8iKnua.gif]

[Image: 2014-10-0512_25_13.gif]

Can you pick me up some of that stuff we used to eat back in the day?
That poor dead horse.
Pages: 1 2